View Poll Results: WHAT IS BETTER FOR YOU EATING 5 FRUITS AND 5 VEGETABLES A DAY OR JUICING?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • EATING THE 10 FRUITS AND VEGETABLES COMBINED

11 73.33%
  • JUICING!

4 26.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THE BENNEFITS OF JUICING!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    for your kind information, my doctor is the one who gave me that anology. and as far as science goes , there is nothing wrong with eating fruits and vegetables if you can do it good for you, but it is a longer process and there are some fruits and vegetables like carrots that have indigestibale fiber, i dotn have to agree with you this is a forum your suppose to give your opinions, yes i will say from i experince my opions just happes to be fact for me. i belive and i will stick by my belive that juicing fruits and vegetables is as benneficial as eating them, if not more. even my doctor said my health was much improved due to the fact that incorpareted juice in my life. im not here to get harassed from any one's opinions im here to give my opinions and testimonials about the bennefits of juicing, that is why I opened this topic, if somebody doesnt like what im saying tough cookies.
    NEHA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

energy juice

here is an energy drink that will pump you up more than coffee

1 orange
    1 apple
    1/2 an inch of ginger

this juice will be a bit bitter, but it gives u enough energy to last you a good 5 hours at the least. u can moderate how much ginger you want. again this juice will be spicy and hard to drink but it will give you alot of energy. also i hope everyone can try to make their own juice at home with a good quality juice extractor. i like jacklalane juicer its a good price and does a good job. i would like to get some testimonails from people who have tried juicing.
    NEHA

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Neha,

This thread tempted me to by a juicer and i bought one yesterday. Made apple,pear juice. Freshly extracted juice tastes awesome. I never going to buy juice from the store. I usually take a glass of store brought juice daily..here after i am going to make my own.

It is true, juicing is fun! I am waiting for tommorow to make juice(sounds like a kid)

By the way y u add ginger in the above recipe?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi kavitha how are you i am glad your experince in juicing was good. i know u have just started new but have you felt a difference in your energy level. juicing is great for makin fresh tasty juice but it is also benneficial for you, and i hope in the near buy weeks you feel health and energized. their are combinations of juice you can have. i used ginger because it really gives a nice energy boost. ginger has so many bennefits. you are suppose to eat raw fruits and vegetables as opposed to cooking them which kills the nutrients provided by fresh produce. if one cant eat all the 10 vegies and fruits the next best or even better thing is juicing them. i dare any to eat raw ginger everyday it will kill your mouth. so i just put a lil bit of it in my juice and i get an amazing energy boost, it doesnt taste the best but it sure pumps you up for the whole day!
    NEHA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jiucing once in a while is ok...but juicing all ur daily req of fruits & veg!!!...I doubt if it's good... Fiber,no doubt,is an essential part of our diet....Else U'll have a tough time in the mornings.... But I feel,if Indian food is taken the right way,will not need any substituting for whole vegs & fruits in the form of juice... It's very well incorporated in our everyday meal...

& home made juices are definitely better than store ought ones... Try not to add sugars & also not to leave out the pulp... But moderate out guys... Alavukku meerinaal amudhamum nanjaakum...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    if one thinks about it a human is made up of flesh and blood, our blood contains so much vitamins and nurtrients. its the same way with a fruit or vegetable its the juice that has most of vitamins and minerals,
    Hey,comeon....Do we eat meat like chick,fish etc or do we drink its blood... My goodness!!!!!!....I just cannot even imagine comparing blood & fruit juice...even if there is some truth in it...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes i agree we need fiber. but think about we have so many sources available for fiber, it doesnt really harm us if we are not getting it from fruits and vegies. its good if one can obtain it from the fresh produce but i f you think about it indian food is the biggest sorce for fiber- my biggest example is the indian breads. we eat so much bran and wheat it snot even funny. my point is in the long run we do get our fiber, i belive we get more fiber in a day then, vitamins and nutrients. there is nothing wrong with juicing. tell me if u know atleast one person that eats 5 fruits and 5 vegies in a day. and you have to remeber some food s have indigestible fiber no matter how much we eat of it our body will just dump it out of our system without storing the nutrients and vitamins. like i said if you can eat the daily requirement of fruits and vegies more power to you. but the next best thing if not better is juicing because the juice of the fruit contains the nutrients and vitamins. think about it when we extract any thing there is a higher concentration of certain properties in the extraction. that is why popular products such as grapeseed extract vanilla extract are so expensive cuz you are squeezing it out. hey and also if you really want your fiber from the fruit just take a little bit of the pulp and mix it in your juice!
    NEHA

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    first thing first the analogy was made by a doctor, and excuse me do you eat chicken, fish and meat for your health give a break most people eat meat for pleassure. you dont need meat to survive thats a proven fact. and mind you there are people in this world who do drink the blood of animals and find it very good for their health. im not saying do it. but if it is brought up that we eat meat and not drink their blood we do it plainly for our tastes. yes dont get me wrong their are benefits in eating certain meats.but one can find alternitives do get those bennefits i.e. beans. ill be honest i love chicken curry but when i smash my face into it im not thinkin of how good it is for me im thinkin wow this chicken curry tastes good!
    NEHA

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Neha,

Do U mean to say we need to eat 5 fruits & 5 veg a day?????... The RDA is 3-5 veg & 2-4 fruits a day... Any dobts,look into this site...
    http://www.ring.com/health/food/pyramid2.gif
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio.../pyramids.html

If U look at Indian food,we eat a min 2 veg(one in sambhar & 1 or 2 in subzi) & a fruit for lunch & the rest 1 or 2 fruit & 1 or 2 veg will come with breakfast & dinner & snacks... I have been eating it comfortably for years now & I can show you a whole lot of ppl who eat this kind of food...

There are 2 forms of fibre...soluble & insoluble...both have diff properties & both are essential for a healthy diet...Soluble fibre are mostly found in fruits...Soluble fiber slows down digestion in the stomach and intestines, thus stabilizing blood glucose levels... Sources of insoluble fiber include: wheat, corn, rice, veggies and beans...I'll post some info abt fiber needs in the Healthy lifestyle thread...If U wish to,look into it sometime later today...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    no your right we dont need 10 servings but up to 10 servings, the reason i said 10 is because that is what was reccomended to me by by nutritionist and i saw the same number amount in the infomercial for the juicer i had, in addition i read it one of the medical journals, i will look for the journal and when i find it i will post it.
    http://www.peakperformance.on.ca/hea...egandfruit.htm
    http://www.cpma.ca/Nutrition/en/servings.html
    right we do eat vegetables in sabzi and samber, but notice most subziz we make and im speaking from my family and for indian familes around me we cook our vegtables at high temperatures i.e. tarka and ghee frying which destroys many vitamins and nutrients. we need to eat raw fruits and vegies to obtain the maximum bennefit from them, by juicing you are still getting bennefits you are destroying the nutrients or vitamins.http://www.nutrition.com.sg/atd/atdcooking.asp http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8.
    Sir its great that you know so many people who have a fruit for lunch. but the i go to college and im strictly talking about the eating habits i have seen let me say this much, i was lucky if i offered them a jolly rancher just to give em a little fruit (joke not saying jolly ranchers contain any form of fruit but its that bad what i have seen). the students i have seen including my group were chowing down on mainly hamburgers. and im not saying all but many i have seen in my cafeteria dont even touch fruit let alone processed juice. and yes we do need both types of fiber but you also find soluble fiber in Oat/Oat bran
    Dried beans and peas
    Barley
    Flax seed
    Psyllium husk
    and along with fruit
    http://www.healthcastle.com/fiber-so...nsoluble.shtml
    barley is the atta, beans is a desi food must. in addition fiber is also the skins of the fruit. i juice my fruits and vegies with my the skin, and yes the skin does get juiced, ill be a sole witness to that. i just encourage people to try juicing dont make it an alternative but incorporate, and sir also goin back to previous about you saying we shouldnt add sugar to the juice.
    "Try not to add sugars." whem im talking about making juice im talking about 100 percent fresh fruits and vegetable juice extracted from your juice no additves no juice masalas no sugars, just fresh juice if people are adding sugars to the juice that is totaly defeating the purpose of obtaining bennefits from the juice. again i am not arguing with anyone im just stating my point from my experince and the experience from my family. good quality juice depends on both the quality and freshness of the produce and the juice.
    NEHA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast