Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Palakkad recipes

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

pachadi,kalan and morekutan

hello sowmya,

tried ur pachadi, kalan and morekutan. all of them were greatly enjoyed! esp.kalan was simply superb
    for pachadi i used the seedless cucumber variety and the taste was so good without the bitterness. thanks a lot and i hope u had an enjoyable onam.

had some queries.in morekutan,when u blend the coconut+condiment paste in the vegs, do u need to cook the vegs in the paste for some time and then pour the buttermilk ?
    i poured the buttermilk right away and felt the rawness of the paste slightly then i kept stirring and it got cooked in the buttermilk itself. end result was tasty but i thot i will learn the right procedure.sorry to bother u !

regards,
    rain

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: pachadi,kalan and morekutan

Quote Originally Posted by rain
    had some queries.in morekutan,when u blend the coconut+condiment paste in the vegs, do u need to cook the vegs in the paste for some time and then pour the buttermilk ?
    regards,
    rain
    Rain
    yes..That's the way I prepare morekutan or alternatively you can also mix the ground paste with buttermik and then add the buttermilk to the vegs.
    My preference is the first method.

Senior Member Regular Hubber dr#'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmmmmm...this sounds amazing. my family are originally from palakkad and these recipes are bringing back wonderful memories of my grandmothers kitchen.
    if you are reading this, you have far too much time on your hands.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Sowmya has created an index . it's on the 4th post of page 1. pls use it for easy reference.
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev:
    I think this thread has to become sticky. These are exclusive Kerala /Palghat recipes?

I think Sowmya has been doing a wonderful job!!

Thanks
    Seetha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all
    Created an index for easy reference as per Dev's suggestion and only when I began creating the same I realised how actively you people have participated in this thread.
    It was a nice experience to categorise each contributor's recipes and I was amazed to see how actively pearl,kavitha ravi,a_gopinathan,shoba,di,R and CI had shared their recipes with all of us with great enthusiasm and interest.Looking forward to see this thread of ours grow with more and more recipes.. and continued support from all.

Regards
    Sowmya

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

recipe index

hi sowmya,

great effort for bringing all the palakkad gems from fellow- hubbers in one place.

thanks to all of you for ur perseverance and selfless contributions.it's a pleasure trying out recipes from this thread.

regards,
    rain

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sowmya,
    you have done a great job by creating the index. Thanks a lot! Hope you all had a great onam! i had a great one, i was in kerala for this onam and celeberated it in the traditional way.

shall check in later and post a few more recepies which i got from my mom this time.

Rgds
    Anju

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi rain
    Thanks for your compliments.Everybody has worked with tremendous enthusiasm to make this thread a lively one.Do continue trying dishes from this thread as always.

Regards
    Sowmya

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi anju
    Good to see you back after a long gap and happy to know that you had a great onam.
    Your interest is amazing.. so you have collected some more traditional recipes from your mom?That's great.
    Looking forward to your recipes.

Regards
    Sowmya

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast