Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To kill a mocking bird - Harper Lee

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To kill a mocking bird - Harper Lee

I am currently reading this absolute treasure of a novel. I have seen the movie before and I remember being enthralled by the charming children and their southern gentleman father played marvellously by Gregory Peck ( Best Actor Oscar for his splendid performance). Please share your thoughts on this intricately detailed delightful book, if you've read it. I highly recommend this novel for anyone interested in reading fiction that is similar to the genre of "Swamy and friends" and "Prathapa Mudaliar Sarithram" poignantly infusing racial injustice in a poor town in Alabama during the Depression era.

There used to be an old thread by this title but I couldn't find it now, hence the new thread...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cygnus,

I agree with you about Gregory peck's sterling performance in the movie - the movie and the man himself have remained my favourites till today!

I read the book ages ago, when I was still in my teens and did not think much about it until I saw the movie and then, I appreciated the book...silly isn't it? Just saw the topic in this forum and thought of penning down my 2 cents' worth.

Happy Reading - am sure you'll enjoy it and you can picture Gregory as you're reading the book....

Rgds.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cygnus,

Havent seen the movie yet but read the book a couple of times. The book ponders into many realities which are tough to grasp at first. Atticus is sure an inspiring human being. Enjoy reading

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NM!!

Glad you're back! Yes I did picture Peck as Atticus while reading the book and I loved it!! The movie absolutely is my all time favorite and I agree, I worship Gregory Peck too!!

Rajasaranam!

Hi and thanks for your response. I finished the book long ago and re-read many parts that strike some indescribable chord deep in the soul....

I don't think I can find the right words to describe Atticus. He is the epitome of righteousness without the element of ideality, that makes him very much human and tangible. Since I had seen the movie before reading the book, I was constantly picturing Gregory Peck as Atticus while reading. He has nothing short of immortalized Atticus!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Cygnus,

I agree with you about Gregory peck's sterling performance in the movie - the movie and the man himself have remained my favourites till today!

I read the book ages ago, when I was still in my teens and did not think much about it until I saw the movie and then, I appreciated the book...silly isn't it? Just saw the topic in this forum and thought of penning down my 2 cents' worth.
    NM ...

Gregory Peck is simply awesome! what a performance!

I completely agree with you...I read the book in high school, but never truly appreciated until I watched the movie recently... ....it's not silly, we are visual ppl and i think watching a classic piece like that will impact anyone....
    one of the BEST!!! ....

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    love this book.i also loved the character of scout......A's tomboyish daughter and how the author portrays the struggle in the story perceived through the kids'innocent eyes. very endearing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have seen this movie. His acting was great.
    Liberty is my religion. Liberty of hand and brain -- of thought and labor. Liberty is the blossom and fruit of justice -- the perfume of mercy. Liberty is the seed and soil, the air and light, the dew and rain of progress, love and joy.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This book is actually amazing!

Boo Radley scared the day lights outta me at the beginning...but then at the end

dont wanna give too much away hehe lolz

its soo gd!

its mainly on the racial segragation in America right? well...its based aroundd that....kinda like Roll of Thunder, Hear my cry...but To kill a mocking bird is from the whtie peoples eyes....ROTHMC is from the black peoples eyes...mmmmmmmm! awesome bks!
    THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the book. Atticus Finch is really a character I admire. Sensible, headstrong and supportive ,he is also a good father to his kid.

Ending was sad though. Guess the jury couldn't come to the fact that black men can be innocent too, as much as white women can be guilty
    ~~I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.~~

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast