Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do women like their men doing domestic work?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Do women like their men doing domestic work?

Hi guys,Did you really think your wife will appreciate you sharing her work at home? Read this:I went home a couple of days back early from work than usual.Since I knew that my wife was having a busy day at work I decided to help her out. I cleaned up the house,arranged the bed,made some snacks and tea for her.When I was washing the utensils I noticed some soaked clothes to be washed.I further proceeded to wash them all, which to tell you the truth included some of her clothes as well. When she came back she was quite happy to see the tea and snacks and the room cleaned.But when she saw that I have washed her clothes,she was hurt and embarrassed.Now she says she doesn't want me to do any work at home! Well now, do you think that was a genuine expression?If so what is the reason why she is hurt when she finds me working?Do atleast some women consider it more manly to be proud and lazy? You ladies are also welcome to answer.
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    blah blah,

ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, for a man to do domenstic job,
    or share soem domestic burden.

Whilst doing domestic work, there is no question of
    who is ENTITLED TO DO IT. The only concern should be
    WHO IS FREE to it.

period.

My husband occassionaly helps with dish washing. (Though
    he does not dare to investigate on his other skills...esp cooking!)

May be I REPEAT MAYYY be, ur wife was hurt, because,
    some specific job which u did, might have embarassed her.

Good luck all to domestic workers (Remember Sex no bar!)

Senior Member Regular Hubber Hemant Trived1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Blah2,
    Women do like men doing domestic work .
    But they hate to give them credit for that.

Especially in cooking !!!.
    This poor soul never gets the due credit .

All Glory is cornered by wife when guests praise the dish prepared by me....sob...sob...sob...!!

Just kiddin,
    Yes, they hate to share the limelight.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah2 : We're brought up to clean our underwear because of menses!! Perhaps, that's why she was so embarassed by your kind gesture. Sigh ...
    we Indians find all sorts of excuses not to say a plain THANK YOU!!

Even in movies, I find it ridiculous when wives feel slighted to have husbands apologise or thank them. No wonder we are doomed as door-mats!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite true Nirosha, women even after many years of marriage have this self-imposed unequal status by virtue of which they think it's awful to have one's husband wash their clothes or do what is "rightfully" their chore

I think as Shahkthi pointed out as before, helping with dishes and general cleaning should be split among husbands and wives, may be based on who is free to do it at the time.

Hemant, please we do share the limelight with husbands, for most women, it's the female members of the in-law household thay they have a problem with!

And absolutely no, I don't know of any contemporary woman who thinks being lazy is manly!!

Tea, snacks, clean house, washed clothes would just floor me, as they do often

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    blah blah,

You have an excellent wife who minds your doing house hold work. Why do you want to spoil her, and endanger freedom of other husbands by setting a very dangerous example? !!

And don't listen to Shakti for whom ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, for a man to do domenstic job. ( my sympathies to her husband!)
    My wife also tried to reform me! But my selective deafness has saved me so far!!
    a smile takes you a mile

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine doesn't help in the kitchen either. But to be fair, with the kids, he's wonderful! My daughter who is 6, still prefers to bathe only when her Acha herds her into the bathroom. So at least, he helps out in something. And yes, he's good at squeezing out murukkus too.

So, a bit of help from a spouse is much appreciated!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar

And don't listen to Shakti for whom ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, ( my sympathies to her husband!)

:P Believe me he is very happy helping me. He feels its the purpose
    of his life

My wife also tried to reform me! But my selective deafness has saved me so far!!
    My sympathies for ur selective deafness and yeah ur better half who puts up with the selective deafness

It is not WHAT HELP THEY DO, itis AT WHAT TIME THEY DO WHICH MATTERS.

Help of one human being to another. No man vs woman talk .

I am happier when my husband helps me in dusting and taking caer of my kid, RATHER THAN cooking, which he is scared to try his skills.

Off the track....

(Nirosha, I thought u are 'SEN' so how do SEN'S do murukku? Is it 'chakki'
    u refer to?)

Till now, I never get those twists in perfect south indian, murukku
    which I try to make.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The inevitability of such topics as this, is that eventually some self-righteous preserver of the 'old order' is going to claim that men have yielded their bastions to the fair (read weak) sex and that they are to be pitied for their pathetic existence. No wonder at all that it should happen here

Senior Member Regular Hubber Hemant Trived1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would hate to call you DEAR ANBU so just Anbu will do,

Most evolved hunter in animal kingdom (After hman beings) are Lions and Hyenas. 8)

It would do you good if you know that 90 times out of 100, it is lionesses that hunt and Lions come and literally drive away lionesses first to have their first bellyful.

Same way, Hyenas do not have a place for males in the inner circle where females rule the roost.
    Males have no part in their society except procreation.

So may be in natur's matrix, being female dominated society means better evolution....Who knows?

Hemant

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast