Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Raghu"

// "ts"..... at the sabha, when the pandavas lost Draupadi in the game, Duryodhana called her and asked her to sit in his lap (thighs). Bhima took a wow then to kill him by breaking his thighs..//

Not only that of Bheema...

But also Draupadhi takes a vow that she will tie up her Hair only after applying the Blood from the same Thigh of Duryodana... by hitting at it....

... admixing with the blood by breaking the dirty-hand of Dussaasana... who caused a worst possible insult to any lady ... especially a Queen...by derobing her in the presence of a vast assembly of people..... (on the orders of the King and Brother Duryodana)

Thus all the three commitments were carried out by Bheema...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draupadi makes a vow to drink the blood of Dushashana and Duryodhana

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    Draupadi makes a vow to drink the blood of Dushashana and Duryodhana
    It was bhima not Draupadi
    A pizza with the radius "z" and thickness "a" has the volume pi*z*z*a.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sudhama sir

If, as you say Mahabhratham was the fifth veda, was Ramayana the 4th veda, like you have said, Mahabhratham had 3 avatars of Lord Vishnu (Lord Krishna, Balaram and Parasuram) during these Dwapara Yuga period, I heard Maha Iswar took avatar as the Pandavas, is that true? Prior to this during the Satya Yuga Lord Vishnu incarnated as Lord Rama and Lakshman, so was Ramayana the 4th Veda?

Prior to both of these Lord Vishnu incarnated as many entities, like

1. Koorva
    2. Macha
    3.Narashima
    4. as a Bhramin (I forgot his name)
    5. Rama
    6. Laksham
    7. Krishna
    8. Balrma
    9.Parasuram
    10. Kalki avatar yet to happen in Kali Yuga

is my order correct, if not please enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama

(2) Only in that Divine Spirit... Four more Needhi-Sasthras or Gospels... have emanated in Mahabharatha.... ..They are.. (a) Bhagawad-Geetha.. (b) Vishnu- Saharsranama . (c) Yaksha-Prasna (d) Vidhura-Needhi.
    Where does Shrimad Bhaghavatam comes in your list, according to His Divine Grace, Sripala Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhuda, Shrimad Bhghavtam was scripted during the Mahabharatham as well, though I don't know the difference between Bhahavad Gita and Shrimad Bhaghavatham

Post Thanks / Like
    Bhima's son Gadotkaja had a son called Barberik, who knew the outcome of the war thanks to the boon granted by lord Krishna, does not barberik sound like what is now a greek name?, after all the Aryan invasion was from Greece right?

another question, what was Karna's wife and son's name?

was it not Arjuna who killed Karna's son fom behind(another Adharma killing) to take revenge on Karna for killing abhimanyu(another adharma killing)?

Karna's son was not mentioned as much as abhimanyu in mahabharth, why?

and who was Yuyutsu in the Epic, I forgot who he was

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vaguely remember this.. so i might not be 100% right..
    I think yuyutsu was born to dhirdhirasthra and was the last of the 100 kauravas.. He was against the injustice done to draupathi and the pandavas and joined the pandavas in the war.. He was the only kaurava to survive the war...

Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu
    the dasavadharam comes in this order

1.Matsya or macha (fish)
    2.Koorma (Turtle)
    3.Varaha (Boar)
    4.Narasimha (Half lion )
    5.Vamana (dwarf)
    6.Parasurama
    7.Rama
    8.Balarama
    9.Krishna
    10.Kalki

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, does someone remember the name of the last character of mahabarath? He's supposed to be the grand son (or great grandson) of abhimanyu...

Post Thanks / Like
    "Raghu"

// Dear Sudhama sir... //

Thanks my dear Mr. Raghu. Welcome. I am glad to note your high calibre as a Gentleman.!!!.

// If, as you say Mahabhratham was the fifth veda, was Ramayana the 4th veda, like you have said, Mahabhratham had 3 avatars of Lord Vishnu (Lord Krishna, Balaram and Parasuram) during these Dwapara Yuga period//

Mahabharatha is called... as the 5th Veda...

...not because of three Awathaaras of Vishnu are involved...

.. but because of its message-content ... a translation of Veda into Reality...

In fact almost all the Main Devas... including the Lord Shiva... are involved in this Epic.

Out of all the Awatharaas of one and the same God, Vishnu...

...Krishna-awathaara is only called as POORNA-AWATHAARA....

...due to several reasons... one of which is that He being the Monitor- Conductor... so called Soothra-Dhaari ( meaning the person who operates a Doll-show ... Bommalaattam.... Soothra= Thread;... Dhaari = Holder / Conducter / Operator)... from behind the relevant characters...

... gets done... making others as the Doers or Heroes and Heroines while the God takes up the dual Role of just a Servant. of Human-beings...
    on one side...

... alongside the simultaneous Role of the Supreme-conducter from behind.. ... ensuring the realistic enactment of Vedic- Dharma by action...so to say by the dint of Implementation of the Vedic-Gospels

... an Embarassing status carried out in an amazingly emulative manner.

//, I heard Maha Iswar took avatar as the Pandavas, is that true?//..

Pandavas are Not the Awataras of Lord Shiva... but the sons of different Devas....e.g.... the 3 Sons born to Kunthi, Pandus first wife. plus 2 for Madri his 2nd wife.

Kunthi's:--

Yudhishtira - Yama...
    Bheema - Vaayu-Deva...
    Arjuna - Indra...

Madri's :--

Nakula & Sahadeva - Aswini Devas...

Maheswar Shiva... graces and helps Arjuna a lot ... he being the staunch Shiva-devotee... but Shiva does not directly participate much in Mahabharatha... but on a few occasions.

... unlike Ramayana... where Hanuman is the Complex- embodiment of Vayu and Lord..Shiva .

// Prior to this during the Satya Yuga Lord Vishnu incarnated as Lord Rama and Lakshman, so was Ramayana the 4th Veda? //

Veda comprises of 4 parts... so called 4 Vedas... Ramayana is not named as 4th Veda.

Lakshman is not the Awathara of Vishnu... but he is of Aadhi-saesha (Vishnu's servant... (Five-hooded Holy-Snake)

But as a matter of gratitude and appreciation by Lord Vishnu... towards Adi-sesha for his remarkable performance in Ramayana...

... he is bestowed with a high honour as Elder brother... Balarama... a Complex admizture of God and his Servant within one shape ( Vishnu + Adisesha)

//...Prior to both of these Lord Vishnu incarnated as many entities, like

1. Koorva.... 2. Macha ...3.Narashima ...4. as a Bhramin (I forgot his name) ...5. Rama ...6. Laksham ...7. Krishna...8. Balrma ...9.Parasuram
    10. Kalki avatar yet to happen in Kali Yuga //

Not so the order of Awathaaras are as below :---

(1) Macha Awatharam... Combined with the body of the Fish.

(2) Koorma Awathaara ... Combined with the body of a Tortoise.

(3) Varaaha Awathaara ... Combined with the body of the Boar(Not Pig)

(4) Narasimha-Awathaara ... Combination of a Man and Animal ..Lion

(5) Vamana ... Tiny-Man... First shape of Mankind.

(6) Parasurama... Full Man's shape... with Complex-characters of Man + Beast
    Sudhaama" said...

//(2) Only in that Divine Spirit... Four more Needhi-Sasthras or Gospels... have emanated in Mahabharatha.... ..They are.. (a) Bhagawad-Geetha.. (b) Vishnu- Saharsranama . (c) Yaksha-Prasna (d) Vidhura-Needhi.

Raghu in Reply...

//Where does Shrimad Bhaghavatam comes in your list, according to His Divine Grace, Sripala Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhuda, Shrimad Bhghavtam was scripted during the Mahabharatham as well, though I don't know the difference between Bhahavad Gita and Shrimad Bhaghavatham//

Bhagawatham ... was made by Sukha-brahma-Rishi... a Complex Life-History of... Dhruva-charithram... Narasima-awatharam...etc of Vishnu... along with the major content on early days of Krishna ... ... including Kamsa-vadam... Rukmini-Kalyanam... Govardhana-giri lifting...etc...

... In brief.. the major content of Bhagawatham... is the narration of various sorts of Krishna-Leelas ... during His Boyhood ...

...prior to the commencement of Mahabharatha epic's stage involving Krishna....

Bhagawatham is different from Mahabharatha... even the authors are different.

... even though Krishna takes part in both... but one after another..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama avargaLE!

I did not intend to participate in the discussion here, but for that Kannadhasan lyrics!

I largely differ from your views - on the "nature and intent" of the M.Bharatha, but as some friends here wanted i refrain from discussing them, and just let the discussion about the "epic" unravel itself

But there are certain unmistakable things in M.B - like the (Extra-marital) sons of the "Vedic gods" i.e. the Pandavas - prevailing over "others" - which is a very strong symbology - a portend for things to come then! (M.B must have been "edited" between 800 B.C 200 B.C by various authors, and also "enriched" throughout the later centuries by various "seers"!)

But we can continue with other lines of thought elsewhere or in another apprpriate time!