Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1155

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your reply...

Regarding Sri Ram killing Vaali from behind I remember that a fitting reply was given by Sri Ram on why he did it...
    So I feel that somehow it has been justified...
    Can someone provide us with the answers Sri Rama gave to Vaali?

But in Mahabharatham, maybe that shouldn't be our approach... i.e. find justifications for the Adharmic ways that were used by the Pandavas... maybe those shouldn't be considered as individual events but rather part of the global picture to achieve a Greater Good...

So our approach itself should be different based on whether we are looking at the Ramayana or at the Mahabharatha.
    Each individual event from the Ramayana can be "justified"
    whereas the same cannot be said of the Mahabharatha except if we look at it from a global perspective (Pandavas had to win the war whatever the cost)....

In Ramayana the target and the way to achieve it are important whereas in Mahabharatha only the target is important whatever the means...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vaz,

As and when you have some time, please go through this, thanks

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4611

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Raghu,

have started to go through it...

So nobody to enlighten us on the Draupadi "issue"??

Vasanth.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaz,

Obviously , Draupadhi getting married to 5 men is the most disgusting thing to happen & probably the worst precedent set in the great epic Mahabaratha. Whatever may be the reasons behind it , its absolute nonsense & adding fuel to the fire, the instructions came from another woman >>> Kunti , the mother of Pandavas !!
    Wonder how Srikrishna was watching all these nonsense.

I don’t see any rationale behind this act of Pandavas. Its an insult on womanhood

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeran
    Vaz,

Obviously , Draupadhi getting married to 5 men is the most disgusting thing to happen & probably the worst precedent set in the great epic Mahabaratha. Whatever may be the reasons behind it , its absolute nonsense & adding fuel to the fire, the instructions came from another woman >>> Kunti , the mother of Pandavas !!

I don’t see any rationale behind this act of Pandavas. Its an insult on womanhood
    totally agreed...

I feel this MORE disgusting than what thutchathanan did to draupadhi !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaz,

oh, so Polygamy is not disgusting? One man getting married to many women is ok? Arjuna was married to so many women, and yet none of you have stated that as being denigrating to womanhood!

Nakeeran, I didn't think you would such a male chauvinist?

In fact, polygamy would be an insult to womanhood! While the woman remained married to just one man, the man had the liberty of marrying several!

In fact, if anything, Polyandry was some sort of women empowerment, breaking the traditional mold of being treated as a mere object to be enjoyed and the more powerful the man, the more such objects he could have!

Both are equally to be denounced, if you come to that! But before pronouncing judgment, please don't confuse yourself with time. Please remember, the Mahabhartha did not happen in the 21st Century, and is therefore not bound by the same set of laws that we are used to.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badri
    Vaz,

oh, so Polygamy is not disgusting? One man getting married to many women is ok? Arjuna was married to so many women, and yet none of you have stated that as being denigrating to womanhood!

Nakeeran, I didn't think you would such a male chauvinist?

In fact, polygamy would be an insult to womanhood! While the woman remained married to just one man, the man had the liberty of marrying several!

In fact, if anything, Polyandry was some sort of women empowerment, breaking the traditional mold of being treated as a mere object to be enjoyed and the more powerful the man, the more such objects he could have!

Both are equally to be denounced, if you come to that! But before pronouncing judgment, please don't confuse yourself with time. Please remember, the Mahabhartha did not happen in the 21st Century, and is therefore not bound by the same set of laws that we are used to.
    Leave aside whether I am a male chauvnist or etc ....

I dont think there was any precedent to that Draupadhi issue even during Mahabarath or Ramayan days. Her case was the first & unique of its kind ! No way, it can be justified .

Post Thanks / Like
    Veteran Malayalam writer MT Vasudevan Nair's beautiful novel randamuzham is a retelling of the Mahabaratha from the perspective of Bheema. It will be enjoyed if one grants the author his artistic liberty.

There he subtly hints that the Kunti very much new that it was girl they had brought home when she asked the Pandavas to 'share'. MT paints Kunti as someone for whom winning the kingdom and keeping it united was the paramount agenda. And this was the reason why she got all of them to marry Draupadi.

The novel is a poignant retelling of the highly emotional and sensitive Bhima, who is underrated by everyone, including Draupadi, whom he loves to distraction.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badri
    oh, so Polygamy is not disgusting? One man getting married to many women is ok?

that is EQUALLY DISGUSTING

even Sri Krishna had so many women

Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu Sir

There is a difference in the way Arjuna or Krishna had followed in having multiple wives

In both the cases, the women willingly got married but not the way in Draupathi. SHe was IMPOSED on this sad thing .