Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Dear Viggop,

Vidur had a bow which can destroy the universe, which was granted to him by the supreme personality of god head Maha Iswar(Lord Shiva),similar to Shiva thanusu in Ramayna, which lord Rama broke to mary godess Sita. but Lord krishna played some trick, so that he vowed not to fight the battle, some one please correct me if I am wrong..
    Vidhur did have this bow. But Krishna had nothing to do with him not fighting. He has no prejudce and is impartial and sees the pandavas and Kauravas as the same. He didnt want them to fight and hence wouldnt side anybody. After failing to convince Duryodhana not to go into war, he breaks his bow at the darbar, announcing that he will not side anybody.
    A pizza with the radius "z" and thickness "a" has the volume pi*z*z*a.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama
    Excellent post on why Karnan had to be defeated and destroyed.The higher cause of dharma precedes all individuals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    I thought Kunti went along with the Pandavas in the forest.It is there she asks them to share Draupadi.
    Vidura was a great devotee of Lord Krishna
    The draupadi story happened much earlier. This was when they were accomodated in the "arakku mAligai" in deceit where they was an attempt to kill them.

Is not Vidura called as Sanjaya? He narrates the entire war to Dhiritharashtra by seeing thru Gnana Kann.
    Sanjaya is Dhritharashtra's charioteer. He was a yogin who visualised the entire war using his gnana kann and narrated it to the king.

Vidhura is Dhridhrashtra's half brother.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TS for your info, but I am Sure Maha Iswar granted a boon to Vidura in the form of a Bow.

("Senjoatru Kadan theerka saeraadha Idam saerndhu Vanjaththil veezhndhaayadaa Karna.... Naanum vun Pazhi sumandhaenada")

thanks sudhama sir for remainding me this, greatly sung by Dr.S.Govinderajan in the thamizh film karna, this song and film still brings tears in my eyes as and when I recall them, greatest clasic film in Thamizh , thanks to awsome acting prows of the legendary greatest actor Dr. Shivaji Ganeshan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Thanks TS for your info, but I am Sure Maha Iswar granted a boon to Vidura in the form of a Bow.
    Thats what i said. he did have a bow which he destroyed when the war was confirmed.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ts!
    Shri Krishna did play a trick on vidhura to make him break the bow. Lord krishna comes to hasthinapur to negotiate a settlement between Pandavas and the Kauravas. Duryodhan rejects the peace offer and says that Pandavas have violated the agreement of being in exile and incognito as they were exposed in The kingdom of virat when Arjuna came out of hiding and fought the Kauravas to save Uttara kumara, the prince of Virata and hence they have to spend 12 more years in exile. But Lord krishna says that is not so. The ensuing peace deal fails and duryodhan says that he will not give even 5 pin head space of land to the pandavaas. War is declared as the only way out. Shri Krishna knows that if Vidhura participates in the war, then Pandavas will lose as Vidhura is none but the Dharma raja in human form. Hence he plays a trick by asking Vidhura for hosting him in Hastinapur and avoids the palace of Kauravas or Bhishma. This creates suspicion in the mind of Duryodhan and the next day when war plans are being done, he insults Vidhura by saying "Paksham Paandavar pakkam, batchanam Kauravar pakkam" meaning that he eats Kaurava's food but is loyal to Pandavas. This enrages Vidhura who takes an oath that he will never participate in another war for the prince of hastinapur and breaks the bow in a fit of rage. Krishna plays a similar trick on Aswathama and sows seeds of suspicion in the minds of Duryodhana and Karna which prompts Aswathama to take an oath that he will not participate the war as long as Karna is alive. The trick he plays is that he(shri krishna) drops a jewel and asks Aswathama to bow and take it, Duryodhana and Karna who see this think Aswathama has sold himself to the pandavas and karna insults him for this.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    ts!
    Shri Krishna did play a trick on vidhura to make him break the bow. Lord krishna comes to hasthinapur to negotiate a settlement between Pandavas and the Kauravas. Duryodhan rejects the peace offer and says that Pandavas have violated the agreement of being in exile and incognito as they were exposed in The kingdom of virat when Arjuna came out of hiding and fought the Kauravas to save Uttara kumara, the prince of Virata and hence they have to spend 12 more years in exile. But Lord krishna says that is not so. The ensuing peace deal fails and duryodhan says that he will not give even 5 pin head space of land to the pandavaas. War is declared as the only way out. Shri Krishna knows that if Vidhura participates in the war, then Pandavas will lose as Vidhura is none but the Dharma raja in human form. Hence he plays a trick by asking Vidhura for hosting him in Hastinapur and avoids the palace of Kauravas or Bhishma. This creates suspicion in the mind of Duryodhan and the next day when war plans are being done, he insults Vidhura by saying "Paksham Paandavar pakkam, batchanam Kauravar pakkam" meaning that he eats Kaurava's food but is loyal to Pandavas. This enrages Vidhura who takes an oath that he will never participate in another war for the prince of hastinapur and breaks the bow in a fit of rage. Krishna plays a similar trick on Aswathama and sows seeds of suspicion in the minds of Duryodhana and Karna which prompts Aswathama to take an oath that he will not participate the war as long as Karna is alive. The trick he plays is that he(shri krishna) drops a jewel and asks Aswathama to bow and take it, Duryodhana and Karna who see this think Aswathama has sold himself to the pandavas and karna insults him for this.
    Thanks JG for that, so that's how Aswathama had that stone embedded in his head!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Ashwathama was born with the jewel on his head.It is embedded into his body.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Ashwathama was born with the jewel on his head.It is embedded into his body.
    Not sure about that

and thanks for the link about the Mahabharth quiz, I got 18/25

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey!
    slight misunderstanding. what krishna drops is his modhiram or ring. Jewel is something he is born with and in the last day of the war, shri krishnaa takes that jewel away from him as a punishment for his unjust practices in the war (by killing children of the pandavaas when they are asleep).
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast