Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1155

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha
    Nakeerar avare,

Wonderful, I didn't know such a thread exists on Indian History & Culture. Well, this is a story reading thread. I enjoy reading historics.
    Thank you, Have you read my other threads like 'Ramayan -another great epic', and '63-Gnyanmarhal',...etc in this section ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha
    Nakeerar avare,

Wonderful, I didn't know such a thread exists on Indian History & Culture. Well, this is a story reading thread. I enjoy reading historics.
    Thank you, Have you read my other threads like 'Ramayan -another great epic', and '63-Gnyanmarhal',...etc in this section ?
    //dig//

Hi Raghu,

No, I am reading one by one. I will keep everybody posted on those topics also.

//dig//
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nakeeran,

No praise can be too high for Ur posts on the day-to-day happenings of the mahabharatha war.

It was a monumental effort on ur part.

Splendid work. Congratulations.

Please keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like
    can some one pls tell me, what excatly happend after the pandavas escaped from the candle palace?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    can some one pls tell me, what excatly happend after the pandavas escaped from the candle palace?
    Hi Raghuji

U mean, the palace of wax ?

If yes :

They all were roaming in disguise until they found a village where a wicked asura was eating one member of a family everday. As per his conditions, one person should be sent to him everyday for food & he will eat him. Bhima bailed the villagers out by killing that Asur.
    Then they continued to live in disguise until the swayamvar of Draupadhi was announced. Arjuna ( along with Bhima ) in disguise appeared in that hall & won that event.
    Hope you know what happened after that .

Vartaaaaaaaa.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Raghu, Nakeeran, Sudhaama Sir, Viggop, Badri, Hari Krishnan Sir
    and all the others that have well contributed to this thread...

Finally I have finished reading the 73 pages of this thread! And again is it happened with the Ramayana thread most of my questions have been answered.

Mainly three things kept coming to my mind whenever I was thinking about Mahabharatha:
    1. Gambling:
    How can a king lose a kingdom by gambling? Is it fair for the people ? For his family?
    --> Those questions were well answered by Badri sir saying that one of the purpose of Mahabharatha was to show what gambling could lead to....

2. Draupadi:
    My second question (simply put) is: How can 5 brothers marry one woman? This is quite disturbing for me... Would anyone please help me on this? Sri Rama's Avatar emphasized the 1 man/1 woman concept... this is happening after Ramayanam... So how can Sri Krishna allow/support this?

3. Dharma/Adharma during the war:
    Krishna pushed the Pandavas to defeat their opponenets using in some cases "unfair means"... Is it normal for a God to do so?
    --> Here also I think I got the answer... "adharma has to be fought using adharma" as even Sri Krishna did it. But what a contrast with Sri Rama....

Ramayanam and Mahabharatha are quite contrasting on such few points...

Around page 54 of this thread, Pizzalot raised a few points... For some of them Badri Sir answered them but there are still some left to be answered... Can some knowledgeable person help us by answering those points?

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaz

Give me some time, i can answer 1 & 3 but 2 that puzzles me as well, in fact i find this the MOST disgusting thing ever, yet the pandavas are HAILED like anything

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Raghu,

No probs... I will wait for your post!
    Thank you again for creating such intersting topics!

Addition to my questions regarding Draupadi:
    In our culture a brother's wife is supposed to be the equivalent of a mother... Is this concept recent, i.e. it was not the case during Mahabharatha?

Please Sudhaama Sir, Badri Sir, Hari Krishnan Sir... could any of you enlighten us regarding the whole Draupadi "issue"?

Vasanth.

Post Thanks / Like
    >>1. Gambling:
    How can a king lose a kingdom by gambling? Is it fair for the people ? For his family? <<

Yudishtar agreed to every conditions of Shakuni maama, so as LAW ABIDING king, he had NO choice but to OBEY Shakuni maama. but the MORAL behind this is GAMBLING is ADDICTIVE, one will loose his mind and loose everything, this is what happened to PANDAVAS!!!

Yudhishtar gambled everything to win, so that he can KEEP his pride, and he failed

lessons learnt : STAY AWAY FROM ADDICTIVE SUBSTANCES and ACTS, such as TOXINS
    (alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine...etc) and acts like GAMBLING etc etc.....

Post Thanks / Like
    >>3.Here also I think I got the answer... "adharma has to be fought using adharma" as even Sri Krishna did it. But what a contrast with Sri Rama.... <<

No, Sri Ram also used adharma , he killed Vali by standing behind him and shooting an arrow, this is YUTH ADHARMA

correct GOURAVAS could not be DEFEATED by following the terms and Conditions of a WAR, when they had WARRIORS like KARNA, PITHAMA BHISHMA, DRONARCHARYA, while the PANDAVAS had ONLY ARJUNA, the entire PANDAVA clan dependent hugley on PARTHA

GOURAVAS never used any adharma EXCEPT the killing of ABHIMANYU