Page 100 of 116 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1155

Thread: The Greatest Indian Epic - Mahabharath

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 14 continues --------------------

BURISRIVAS Vs SATYAKI & VIOLATION OF WAR RULES BY ARJUNA :

Earlier I had mentioned that Satyaki was instructed by Yudhishtira to reach Arjuna & support him & he despite all odds was moving towards his direction.

While Satyaki was forging ahead, BURISIRAVAS , the son of Somadutta challenged him mid way & there arose a bitter fight between 2 foes from childhood days ( the background I will narrate later as this may disturb the flow of the war sequence ) .

After exchanging challenging words between them, the 2 old foes started to fight . Both poured dense showers of arrows. The fight was tremendous & one of the highlights of the Mahabarath war itself !

The bitter fight went to such an extent that both having lost their chariots & all , resorted to sword fighting which after an extended tenure, also got broken

Now they resorted to wrestling. With both of them are skilled in this also, the fight was interesting as each seized other’s neck , arms etc & this was cheered by a big crowd from both the armies as everyone stopped their fight & watched in awe, the bitter fight .

Both sometimes binding each other with their arms, sometimes striking each other with their heads, sometimes intertwining each other's legs, sometimes pinching each other with their nails, sometimes clasping each other tightly, sometimes twining their legs round each other's loins, sometimes rolling on the ground, sometimes advancing, sometimes receding, sometimes rising up, and sometimes leaping up.

All this were being watched by Arjuna & Krishna at a distance & Krishna’s expressed his concern that Burisiravas is fresh with energy but Satyaki is very tired already & this is not a contest at all.

Krishna urges Arjuna to intercept & protect Satyaki.

But Arjuna was focused on Jayathratha , his main target & he just replied back a huge chunk of arrows that covered him from all corners.

Krishna’s concern deepens now ( SATYAKI IS RELATED TO KRISHNA ) as at this moment, Burisravas lifts Satyakin & exerting vigorously struck Satyaki and brought him down upon the ground.

And like a lion dragging an elephant, Bhurisravas, was found dragging Satyaki.

Now the FINAL moment of the fight comes. Bhurisravas , drawing his sword picked from the nearby area, seized Satyaki by the hair of his head and struck him at the chest with his feet. Bhurisravas then was about to cut off from Satyaki's trunk his head

A PANICKING KRISHNA SCREAMS AT ARJUNA :

NOW THAT THIS IS DO OR DIE SITUATION FOR SATYAKI NOW. IF U HESITATE FOR A SECOND, U CAN SEE THE DEAD BODY OF SATYAKI ONLY.

Thus PROVOKED BY KRISHNA, Arjuna, mentally worshipped
    Bhurisravas in that battle, saying,

I am glad that, Bhurisravas, is dragging Satyaki in battle, as if in sport , without slaying Satyaki

Mentally applauding the Kuru warrior thus,

Arjuna, replied to Krishna :

My eyes having rested upon of the Sindhus, I could not, see Satyaki. I shall, however, for the sake of that Yadava warrior, achieve a most difficult feat.

Having said these words, in obedience to Krishna, Arjuna , fixed on Gandiva a sharp razor-headed arrow. That arrow, shot by Arjuna, cut off Burisrivas’s arm with the sword in the grasp

DAY 14 CONTINUES

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    DAY 14 CONTINUES :

BURISRAVAS - SATYAKI EPISODE :

Stunned by the act of Arjuna, Burisravas now abandoning his hold on Satyaki, wrathfully reproved Arjuna :

Arjuna , U have done a cruel and heartless deed, since without being engaged with me, U , unseen by me , cut off my arm. Please tell this to Yudhishtira even this also that , 'Bhurisravas, while otherwise engaged, was slain by me in battle?. Were U taught this use of weapons by Indra or by Rudra, or by Drona, or by Kripa?
    U, in this world, better acquainted with the rules about the use of weapons than all others. Why then how did Cut off in battle the arm of a warrior who was not engaged with U? The righteous never strike him that is heedless, or him that is terrified, or him that is made carless, or him that beggeth for life or protection, of him that hath fallen into distress. Why, then, U perpetrated such an extremely unworthy deed that is sinful, that is worthy only of a low wretch, and that is practised by only a wicked bloke! A respectable person, can easily accomplish a deed that is respectable. A deed, however, that is disrespectable becomes difficult of accomplishment by a person that is respectable. A man quickly catches the behaviour of those with whom and amongst whom he moves. This is seen in U Arjuna . Being of royal lineage and born, especially, in Kuru's race, how had U fallen off from the duties of a Kshatriya, although U were of good behaviour and observant of excellent vows. This mean act that Ur act had been perpetrated for the sake of Satyaki , is without doubt, conformable to Krishna’s counsels. Such an act does not suit one like U. Who else, unless he were a friend of Krishna's, would inflict such a wrong upon lone that is heedlessly engaged with another in battle?

Thus addressed , Arjuna replied saying,

It is evident that with the decrepitude of the body one's intellect also becomes decrepit. Knowing as I do the rules of battle and conversant as I am with the meaning of all the scriptures, I would never do an act that is sinful. Knowing this well, U rebuke me yet. The Kshatriyas fight with their foes, surrounded by their own followers, their brothers, sires, sons, relatives, kinsmen, companions, and friends. These also fight, relying on the (strength of) arms of those they follow. Why, then, should I not protect Satyaki, my disciple and dear kinsman, who is fighting for our sake in this battle, regardless of life itself, that is so difficult of being laid down.
    If I had calmly beheld Satyaki on the point of being slain in great battle (and had not interfered for saying him), sin would, then, owing to Satyaki's death, have been mine, for such negligence! Why then U are angry with me for my having protected Satyaki?
    U are questioning me saying, 'Though engaged with another, I have yet been maimed byU.' In that matter, I answer, I judged wrongly. Sometimes shaking my armour; sometimes riding on my car, sometimes drawing the bow-string, I was fighting with my enemies in the midst of a host resembling the vast deep, teeming with cars and elephants and abounding with steeds and foot-soldiers and echoing with fierce leonine shouts. Amongst friends and foes engaged with one another, how could it be possible that Satyaki was engaged with only one person in battle? Having fought with many and vanquished many mighty car-warriors, Satyaki had been tired. He himself, afflicted with weapons, had become cheerless. Having, under such circumstances, U tried to display ur superiority. U. had desired to cut off, with ur sword, the head of Satyaki in battle. I could not possibly behold with indifference Satyaki reduced to that strait.

Hearing the words of Arjuna, Bhurisravas, bearing the device of the sacrificial stake on his banner, abandoning Satyaki, desired to die according to the vow of Praya. Distinguished by many righteous deeds, he spread with his left hand a bed of arrows, and desirous of proceeding to the region of Brahma, committed his senses to the care of the deities presiding over them. Fixing his gaze on the sun, and setting his cleansed heart on the moon, and thinking of the sacred mantras , Bhurisravas, betaking himself to Yoga, ceased to speak.

Now all the persons in the entire army began to speak ill of Krishna and Dhananjaya and applauded Bhurisravas.

Though censured, the two Krishnas, however, spoke not a word disagreeable Bhurisravas also, though thus applauded, felt no joy.

Then Arjuna , said these words,

All the kings are acquainted with my great vow, viz., that no one
    shall succeed in slaying anybody that belongs to our side, as long as the latter is within the range of my shafts. Remembering this, U do not censure me. Without knowing rules of morality, it is not proper for one to censure others. That I have cut off Ur arm while U , well-armed in battle, wert on the point of slaying the unarmed Satyaki, is not all contrary to morality.

Then Arjuna continued :

Burisravas, the way I love my brothers, equal has been my love over U. I respect U a lot for ur traits all these years. If at all some one to be blamed for this , it’s the Kshatriya dharma only

While Arjuna was saying this, set free by Burisravas already , Satyaki rising up, drew his sword , rushed towards Burisravas, jumped over him & cut off his head using a sword like a flash. He did it despite the rushing of Arjuna & Krishna towards him to stop this sinful act.

Satyaki, thus , with his sword, cut off the head of Burisravas, who had been deprived of his arm by Arjuna and who was then sitting in Praya for freeing his soul from the body.

The warriors did not applaud Satyaki for that act of his in slaying that perpetuator of Kuru's race who had before been almost slain by Partha.

While Satyaki tried to justify his shameful act, none approved it & disregarded him with a bitter note & went back to their respective positions to resume battle.

THIS SATYAKI – BURISRAVAS EPISODE IS ONE OF THE MOMENTS WHEN THE WAR RULES WERE BROKEN .
    1. A WARRIOR WHILE FACING ANOTHER WARRIOR SHOULD NOT BE INTERCEPTED BY A THIRD WARRIOR ( this happened with both Abimanyu & today )
    2. AN UNARMED WARRIOS SHOULD NOT BE ATTACKED

DAY 14 CONTINUES ----------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    DAY 14 CONTINUES - ARJUNA KILLS JAYATHRATHA AMIDST DARKNESS

Arjuna now resumes his battle which is hot pursuit of Jayatharatha & gradually inches towards the place where Jayathratha was positioned.

Duryodhana urges Karna to fight with Arjuna & a tired Karna resumes his battle. Now Karna finds himself attacked by 3 strong men – Arjuna, Bhima & Satyaki .

Covered by three mighty warriors, Karna displays tremendous skills & fires shafts on all the 3 simultaneously despite blood coming out of his limbs . The fight was so fantastic that both Karna & Arjuna covered the sky with arrows.

Each rendered invisible by the other's arrowy showers, they continued to strike each other. And they roared at each other and pierced each other with their wordy darts, saying, I am Partha, wait--or, I am Karna, wait! Indeed these two heroes fought with each other wonderfully, displaying great activity and skill. And the sight they presented was such that other warriors became witnesses of that battle.

And applauded by Siddhas & Devas, who watched with awe , the 2 fought with each other.

Duryodhana, addressed his warriors now :

Carefully protect Karna . Without slaying Arjuna he would not abstain from battle.

Enough support was now offered to Karna & he gets assistance from Ashwathama who fought a fierce fight with the 3.

Finally Arjuna manages to near the vicinity of Jayathratha & his missiles also hit him . Arjuna kilsl the charioteer of Jayathratha & his horses.

But Jayathratha was equal to the task. He was a skillful warrior & he strongly resisted Arjuna’s shafts & never retreated or ran away from the scene. For every arrow of Arjuna, Jayathratha was giving a befitting response & this went on for a long duration.

Despite Arjuna waging a valiant battle, he could not get near Jayathratha .

Meanwhile, the sun was going down quickly.

Krishna addressed Arjuna :

Arjuna, now Jayathratha is being secured by 6 strong experts of warfare . Besides, Jayathratha himself is a skilful warrior. Without vanquishing those 6 giants, u will never be able to slay the ruler of the Sindhus
    I shall, therefore, resort to Yoga for shrouding the sun. Then Jayathratha will come to a conlusion that the sun has been set & he will come out of his array. Availing yourself of that opportunity, U should strike him.

Arjuna agrees to Krishna’s suggestion.

Krishna now , creates darkness.

All the warriors of Kauravas, thinking the sun to have set were filled with delight at the prospect of Partha's laying down his life.

Actually, the Kauravas , not seeing the sun, were filled with gladness. All of them stood, with heads thrown backwards.

King Jayadratha also was in the same attitude. He was looking at the direction of Sun.

And while the ruler of the Sindhus was thus beholding the sun, Krishna, once more said these words :

Look. Jayathratha is now looking at the sun, casting off his fear of U . This is the hour, for the slaughter.

Now Arjuna rushed towards Jayathratha .

As there was total darknwss , no one could see whats happening around but the Kauravas were celebrating thinking that the sun was set.

Arjuna goes very close to Jayathratha now & takes up an arrow , chants divine mantras .

Now Krishna whispers to Arjuna :

Quickly cut off the head of Jayathratha. The sun is about to get at the mountain of Asta. Listen, however, to the words I say about the slaughter of Jayadratha. The father of Jayadratha is Vriddhakshatra known all over the world. It was after a long time that he got Jayadratha, that slayer of foes, for his son. At the birth of the son an incorporeal and invisible voice, said unto king Vriddhakshatra – Ur son will become worthy of the two races in respect of bravery & skills . But while struggling in battle, some bull among the Kshatriyas, some conspicuous person in the world, excited with wrath, will cut off this one's head.
    Overwhelmed with affection for his son, he gave a curse that :
    Whomsoever will cause the head of my son to fall on the earth while the latter, struggling in battle, the head of that man will certainly crack into a hundred pieces.
    Vriddhakshatra, repairing to the woods, devoted himself to ascetic austerities. He is still engaged in the observance of the austerest of penances outside this very Samantapanchaka. Therefore, cutting off Jayadratha's head , quickly throw that head upon the lap of Vriddhakshatra himself.
    Look, even now Jayathratha was looking at the western direction only. Kill him.

Hearing these words of Krishna, Arjuna quickly shot that arrow & coursing swiftly, the arrow snatched Jayadratha's head away.

Arjuna now , with his shafts, sent that head along in the welkin without allowing it to fall down sent that head outside the limits of Samantapanchaka. Meanwhile, king Vriddhakshatra, was engaged in his evening prayers. The head of Jayathratha was thrown upon Vriddhakshatra's lap, as the latter was saying his prayers in a sitting posture.

As the old King , stood up after finishing his prayers it suddenly fell down on the earth. And as the head of Jayadratha fell down on the earth, the head of Vriddhakshatra, cracked into a hundred pieces.

After completing this task in a flash, Krishna withdraws the darkness.

Now the Kauravas realized that the darkness which they saw momentarily was just an illusion produced by Krishna & all were totally shocked & stunned by the sudden turn of events .

Now Krishna, Arjuna, Bhima all blow their counches loudly to send that positive message to Yudhishtira who on hearing this , became cheerful.

Now the trio moves back to Drona to resume the fight with him.

DAY 14 ENDS NOW BUT ONLY THE DAY THE WAR CONTINUES EVEN AFTER THE SUN SET

Post Thanks / Like
    DAY 14 THE WAR AFTER SUNSET

The dreadful 14th day of the war didn’t end after the Sun was set.

It continued even after that
    !

The manner in which Jayathratha & Burisravas were slain made the Kauravas furious & the Pandvas, having achieved this were also equally prepared for continuing the rage.

SO, THE WAR CONTINUED EVEN IN THE DARKNESS.

Seeing Arjuna rush towards Drona, a furious Karna & Duryodhana & all others follow him to have a do or die battle now.

While Arjuna was keen to fight with Karna, Krishna stopped him at this moment saying :

Let Satyaki fight with Karna now & NOT U AT THIS JUNCTURE WITH KARNA. THIS IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE TIME FOR U TO MEET KARNA. KARNA IS HAVING A BLAZING DART WHICH WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY INDRA & IT’S A POTENT DESTRUCTIVE WEAPON . I AM ALSO AWARE THAT KARNA IS PRESERVING THIS DIVINE WEAPON ONLY FOR USING IT ON U. HENCE, AVOID FIGHTING WITH HIM NOW.

As instructed by Krishna, Arjuna moves to another direction.

Now Duryodhana chose Panchalas as his target & poured his entire frustration on them by deeply penetrating into their ranks & caused extensive destruction to their elephants, chariots & infantry division. In the process Duryodhana crushed a big division of Pandavas.

At one stage, Duryodhana singlehandedly encountered Bhima, Satyaki, Durupada, Virata & Shikandi & even Yudhishtira & ripped them apart with flurry of arrows.

Duryodhana was like a destroyer by himself at this stage of the war

However a tired Duryodhana was supported by Drona

Now Arjuna & Satyaki tried to stop Drona .

Now even Drishtadyumna also joined them.

By this time, he night became pitch dark.

Bhima continues to torment the Duryodhana brothers & now kills 2 of his by name :

Durmada

Dushkarna

NIGHT EVENTS OF DAY 14 CONTINUES ...............

Post Thanks / Like
    NIGHT OF DAY 14 CONTINUES :

Duryodhana’s grief continued & a restless Duryodhana charged towards Bhima. Seeing this, GATOTKACHA, stepped in . Being a Rakshasha ,he found the night an advantage & caused immense destruction on the Kaurava ranks that they panicked.

The fight by Gatotkacha indeed was terrific & none amongst the Kaurava chiefs could stop his onslaught through conventional methods.

He also created illusions & assumed the form of a high mountain & Ashwatham who waged a splendid fight with him now managed to destroy that form.

Now Gatotkacha assumed the form of a mass of blue clouds & down pounred stones & rocks. Aswathama destroyed that also by aiming the Vayavya weapon.

Now parallely Bhima was attacked by 10 brothers of Duryodhana :

Nagadatta

Dridharatha

Viravahu

Ayobhuja

Dridha

Suhasta

Viragas

Pramatha

Ugrayayin

Bhima became filled with rage. He then took up a number of arrows, each capable of bearing a great strain & killed all those 10 brothers.

Bhima now targets one brother of Shakuni by name Satachandra & slays him

Seeing this , the other 5 brothers of Shakuni – Gavaksha, Sarabha ,Bibhu, Subhaga, and Bhanudatta, those five mighty car-warriors, rushing towards Bhima. Bhima slew those five mighty kings with five shafts of his.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karna is in nw, GREAT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    NIGHT WAR OF DAY 14 CONTINUES :

KARNA LETS SAHADEVA

Drona now, pushed by Duryodhana, targets Yudhishtira & fires the Vayavya weapon.

Yudhishtira countered this with a similar weapon.

Drona fires diverse celestial weapons such as the Varuna, the Yamya, the Agneya, the Tvashtra, and the Savitra. Yudhishtira responds well & baffles all .

Now a fiery Drona fires Aindra and the Prajapatya weapons.

Yudhistira was equal to the task & he neutralizes by firing the Mahendra weapon.

While all these were happening, Duryodhana urges Karna to move towards Arjuna & eliminate him by using that Vajra weapon which Indra gave him earlier.

Even while Karna was assuring him with confidence building words that he will definitely slay Arjuna using that special weapon, Kripacharya hearing all these words screamed at Karna with some harsh words saying that Arjuna is invincible in warfare & till now Karna didn’t do anything great to boast his prowess.

This results in angry exchanges between karma & Kripa . Seeing this , Ashwathama also joins the bandwagon of Karna bashers & he speaks more harsh words on Karna. Now Karna is thoroughly disturbed.

However Duryodhana steps in at the right moment & pacified them all & requests them to focus on the Pandvas.

A enraged Karna was resisted by Sahadeva now. Karna displaying great lightness in hand, cut off Sahadeva’s bow .

Karna then kills the horses of Sahadeva.

Karna then dispatches the charioteer of Sahadeva to death.

Even while Sahadeva tries to take another bow, Karna blows that into pieces.

A panicking Sahadeva now takes up a sword & a shield & even these 2 were cut off by a smiling Karna.

A hopeless Sahadeva now throws a mig mace towards Karna which get broken to smithereens by Karna’s needle sharp arrows.

Now totally armless, Sahdeva takes up the wheel of his chariot & throws it on Karna which also gets broken immediately like a flash by Karna.

Seeing himself deprived of all weapons, Sahadeva, struck by Karna with many shafts, left the battle.

Pursuing him for a while, Karna smilingly addresses Sahadeva with pinching words :

Do not fight in battle with those that are superior to U. Fight with Ur. Equals. Do not mistrust my words.

Then touching him with the horn of his bow ( LIKE WHAT KARNA WHAT HE DID EARLIER TO BHIMA THE SAME DAY ) , he once more said :

Arjuna is fighting resolutely with the Kurus . Go there, O son of Madri, or return home if U wish.

Having said those words, Karna smilingly proceeded on his car against the troops of the king of the Panchalas.

The great Karna devoted to truth, did not slew Sahadeva although he had got the opportunity, recollecting the words of Kunti.

Sahadeva, then, heartless and afflicted with arrows, and pierced with the wordy darts of Karna, no longer cherished any love for life.

Ashamed totally, Sahadeva quickly runs for his life & ascends to the chariot of of Janamejaya, the prince of the Panchalas.

I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THE PANDAVAS IF KARNA HAD KILLED BOTH BHIMA & SAHADEVA !!??

Post Thanks / Like
    NIGHT OF DAY 14 CONTINUES :

KARNA & YUDHISHTIRA

KARNA vs GATOTKACHA - KARNA KILLS GATOTKACHA BY VAJRA WEAPON

Karna, after letting Sahadeva , concentrates on Yudhishtira now. Karna now is uncontrollable as he destroys the Panchala army & makes Drishtadyumna run to another chariot for safety . Despite Yudhishtira trying his best, he was no match was karna.

A panicking Yudishtira screams at Arjuna to save him & also kill Karna immediately.

Seeing the prowess of Karna, Arjuna exclaims to Krishna now :

Yudhishtira if frightened by Karna today. Our army is flying away . I see Karna careering fearlessly. Our foremost of car-warriors are flying away. Karna is scattering his keen shafts. I cannot, like a snake incapable of putting up with the tread of a human being upon its body, bear to see him thus careering at the head of battle, before my eyes. Proceed, therefore, to that spot where Karna is. I will either kill him, or let him slay me.

Krishna in reply :

There is none else capable of advancing against him in battle, except U.. I do not, however, regard the time to have come.

Saying this, Krishna quickly calls for Gatotkacha & explains him the situation & asks him to fight with karma. Ever obedient & brave

Gatotkacha takes up the challenge & rushes towards Karna.
    & the fight between the 2 looked like another war itself.

Gatotkacha displayed all his magical illusion skills & troubled the entire Kaurava army backed by Karna & Duryodhana. Karna tried all conventional weapons by Gatotkacha was stubborn.

Gatotkacha’s destruction was so immense that Duryodhana time & again irritated Karna by asking him to use the dart given by Indra.

Duryodhana was worried because the manner of penetration caused by the Rakshasha was such that a major portion of Kauravas were destroyed

Then Karna, seeing the Rakshasa alive at dead of night, and the Kuru army struck with fear, and hearing also the loud wails of the latter set his heart upon hurling his dart. Inflamed with rage, Karna took up that foremost of victory-giving and invincible darts, desirous of compassing the destruction of Ghatotkacha.

THAT POTENT DESTRUCTIVE WEAPON OF INDRA WHICH WAS GIVEN AS A QUID PRO QUO BY INDRA WHEN KARNA GIFTED HIM HIS EAR RINGS & KAVACHA WAS THUS APPLIED BY KARNA ON GATOTKACHA.

that fierce weapon which looked like the very tongue of the Destroyer was now hurled at the Rakshasa. Indeed, seeing that dart in Karna's hand, all creatures in the sky uttered loud cries.

Fierce winds began to blow, and thunders with loud report began to fall on the earth. Destroying that blazing illusion of Ghatotkacha and piercing right through his breast that resplendent dart soared aloft in the night and entered a starry constellation in the firmament.

Having fought, using diverse beautiful weapons, with many heroic Rakshasa and human warriors, Ghatotkacha, then uttering diverse terrible roars, fell, deprived of life with that dart of Indra.
    Even while falling down dead, Gatotkacha took a huge form that fell on the Kaurava army & killed so many by the sheer size & weight of the body.

While the entire Kauravas celebrated Karna , the Pandavas were filled with grief .

However, there was one person who was cheerful on this incident. It was Krishna .

Indeed, uttering loud shouts he embraced Arjuna. Tying the steeds and uttering loud roars, he began to dance in a transport of joy.

Then embraced Arjuna once more,

A grief sticken Arjuna wondered at Krishna :

Krishna, the cause must be very grave when at such a time U feel so much joy.Tell me truly what that cause .

Krishna replied :

Great is the joy I feel. Listen to me, Krishna. that Karna, his dart being baffled through Ghatotkacha, is already slain. The man does not exist in this world that could not stay before Karna armed with that dart.
    By good luck, Karna’s natural armour ( KAVACHA )had been taken away.
    By good luck, his earrings also had been taken away.
    By good luck, his infallible dart also is now baffled, through Ghatotkacha.
    With the above 3 strong assets, Karna was invincible. Let me tell U emphatically that even U could not have killed Karna . No , not even my Sudharshana chakra could have touched Karna.
    For Ur good, Karna was divested of his ear-rings by Indra
    Similarly was that deprived of his (natural) armour. Indeed, because Karna, cutting off his (natural) armour and his brilliant car-rings, gave them unto Indra.
    He is incapable of being vanquished in battle by the gods
    Consider urself to be fortunate now that the might of Karna is already diluted .
    With his dart , if Karna had not slain him, I myself would have had to slay Bhima's son Ghatotkacha. From desire of benefiting you, I did not slay him before. That Rakshasa was inimical to Brahmanas and sacrifices. Because he was a destroyer of sacrifices and of a sinful soul, therefore he had been thus slain.

Now lets focus on Drona .

Hearing the words of Krishna, Arjuna starts his focus on Drona now.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeran
    No , not even my Sudharshana chakra could have touched Karna.
    What, ?? This is news to me

Keep up the Excellent work NakeerarE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeran
    No , not even my Sudharshana chakra could have touched Karna.
    What, ?? This is news to me

Keep up the Excellent work NakeerarE
    Raghuji. True . This was from SriKrishna's mouth itself because the Kavacha was AN IMPENETRABLE ARMOUR which Karna had it along with when he was born. Knowing the power of that armour, Indra ( Arjuna was born to Indra's powers U know that ) with a vested interest , wished to save Arjuna & hence took away Kavacha.

In return for that gift, he got Vajra which he used on Gatotkacha