Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do others know....

Post Thanks / Like
    Akka - Thanks

And for those that are interested in Etymology of words, magenta is named after a place in Italy!!!!

Check this out -

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...ma/magenta.htm
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Magenta is a crazy colour.
    u wanna see it?

try this html code:
    "
    and see for yourself!!!
    I did!!!

That was a cruel joke to play, JG! You should have atleast warned me what to expect! Seeing a whole window ...brrr!!!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    badri wrote:
    That was a cruel joke to play, JG!
    ha ha ha!!
    I had my revenge!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    scorpio wrote...DS,

You earlier handle was a big giveaway- Gooshi-sounded very feminine. And, then, your avtaar of Alka and your style of writing were pointing that you are definitely a female, that too, very young. ....

Don't remind me of my earlier handle ..Akash ...How would an avatar of Alka Yagnik show that I am a female? ...Your judgements wouldn't have been questionable if my avatar was of, lets say, Udit Narayan (my next favorite after Alka :P )...

I thought my writing style was more guy-like than that of a girl ...and yes I am young, or if you'll categorize 17 as young ...
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is interesting..can you really decide based on the writing style the gender of the writer?

In that case, how about the so many authors of books who write both of male and female characters, taking on the identity of one or the other?

Based on written content, perhaps, but I really doubt how we can make a decision based on the style alone! Perhaps Scorpio akka would like to clarify?

What constitutes a male writing style, and what a female?

Perhaps using magenta fonts would indicate a female?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    This is interesting..can you really decide based on the writing style the gender of the writer?

In that case, how about the so many authors of books who write both of male and female characters, taking on the identity of one or the other?

Based on written content, perhaps, but I really doubt how we can make a decision based on the style alone! Perhaps Scorpio akka would like to clarify?

What constitutes a male writing style, and what a female?

Perhaps using magenta fonts would indicate a female?
    Why not start a new discussion on Male/Female Writing Styles...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free, DS, be my guest! I can't because I don't believe you can actually discern the gender of a person based on the writing style alone.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Badri,

An author is able to handle both male and female characters effortlessly in a novel as they think of themselves as that particular character when they pen the dialogues or write about the traits etc. That does not happen when we write our thoughts on the hub, do we?

As Shekhar said somewhere, male hubbers here write precisely what they want to say, no extra words ( except when you all decide to pull my leg) but that is not the case with female hubbers. They tend to write a bit more. Except few, spelling mistakes are limited and grammar is correct when a female writes ( dont interpret that males don't know English). Females don't use bad words while writing on a public forum and don't call names -You know very well from yr experience in the History section ( again, there might be exceptions)DS's style of writing also pointed out that she must be very young and inexperienced in life. She looked more like a eager student to me, which I think is true.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Feel free, DS, be my guest! I can't because I don't believe you can actually discern the gender of a person based on the writing style alone.
    Well, I think its the way a person constructs a sentence using specific words that suit their gender that another is easily able to tell what they are...

Women go for 'flowery' words and whole sentences(and whole word) and men are the opposite of all that :P :P :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    Badri,

An author is able to handle both male and female characters effortlessly in a novel as they think of themselves as that particular character when they pen the dialogues or write about the traits etc. That does not happen when we write our thoughts on the hub, do we?

As Shekhar said somewhere, male hubbers here write precisely what they want to say, no extra words ( except when you all decide to pull my leg) but that is not the case with female hubbers. They tend to write a bit more. Except few, spelling mistakes are limited and grammar is correct when a female writes ( dont interpret that males don't know English). Females don't use bad words while writing on a public forum and don't call names -You know very well from yr experience in the History section ( again, there might be exceptions)DS's style of writing also pointed out that she must be very young and inexperienced in life. She looked more like a eager student to me, which I think is true.
    Yup! As I have written in the Anecdote section that I have a lot to learn ...

Is HL Hindustani Ladka? ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast