Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A habit you wanted to get rid of....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i know Scorpio some ppl always claim it's good luck to keep wearing their (holey) socks..but keep in mind it's also good health (of the poor others) that are at stake for your good luck!
    I know some people (i won't label) who don't wear deodorant...some people can't help it others are just careless...atleast wear perfume..just a little no need to bathe in it......they are dressed well, speak well and then they sit beside you and you can't even breathe....i know people also have to have to remember not to leave clothes out when cooking...the smell just sticks on! Please store your clothes where they belong...and use incense,candles,fan,or atleast open a window

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    Blahblah, pretty soon you won't be able to 'Mandanggai' me because of the number of my posts, they will plummet soon enough ...wait and see. I hope so
    This is exactly how we identify mandakkai when he comes in with another ID.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    ....i know people also have to have to remember not to leave clothes out when cooking...the smell just sticks on!
    And I was thinking my brother was the only one with the habit of closing doors to his closet and room whenever we cook ...he says if he doesn't do it, his clothes will smell like pakistani food, thus revealing his identity ...just kidding, I mean about the identity part though it does happen with other people...those who don't appreciate their background. Well, don't blame them...what does a country like pakistan amount to when compared to this industrial giant USA successfull in every immoral aspect of life? ...kidding again, moral.... :P
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    Blahblah, pretty soon you won't be able to 'Mandanggai' me because of the number of my posts, they will plummet soon enough ...wait and see. I hope so
    This is exactly how we identify mandakkai when he comes in with another ID.
    AAAaaargh!!!!!!
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we have started to speak of bad habits that others have that peeve us, here goes a few!

An ex boss of mine had a disgusting habit of chomping on his food with great gusto. Of all things, I am extremely allergic to the sound of eating food and bad breath. This guy had both! He would promptly come by my desk at 1 and ask me to join him for lunch! Oh the agonies of his contorting face and the endless chomp-chomp!!!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    I am extremely allergic to the sound of eating food and bad breath.
    Me tooooooo

This guy had both! He would promptly come by my desk at 1 and ask me to join him for lunch! Oh the agonies of his contorting face and the endless chomp-chomp!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more disgusting habit I have noticed in many of my colleagues- Monitor spying. Whenever they pass by across various cubicles, their heads and eyes do a left-right dance to capture whatever is there on the monitors of fellow workers. Some people stand before you and talk but their eyes are fixed on the monitor of a near-by colleague watching interestedly what he/she is doing.. I find this habit in many people who just can't resist policing what others are doing. Same with those who flick thru' papers on yr desk without permission
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess if you were working, you wouldn't have found it so disconcerting, akka. It is only when you are busy hubbing that you resent invasion of your "monitor privacy"...

But seriously, I have faced this problem too...I often take a brutal approach to that. If it is a good friend that I know I can tolerate, then it is fine.

If it is my boss, I ask him pointedly, "Did you want something from my box/desktop?"

If it is a particularly pernicious character who keeps staring at my monitor, I coolly switch it off and talk to him, till he leaves. Or I do a quick window minimize - so that they get the message.

Try one of these - they are sure-fire remedies.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    Guess if you were working, you wouldn't have found it so disconcerting, akka. It is only when you are busy hubbing that you resent invasion of your "monitor privacy"...
    adapavi, project change-kku apparum romba busy.. hubbing time has come down drastically.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789