11 22.45%
  • Post 2003

0 0%
Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Films of Mani Ratnam

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suryastrike
    vijay asked mani to make a film for him..while i hear that news i was laughing.and i depressed at mani.wat a great director in india going to do worst job.if mani direct vijay.mani wil lose his name in indian cine industry.
    mani directed Rajini..'coz of rajini is the great actor.he is the wonderful entertainer in indian actors.the dialogue delivery of rajini fantastic than any actor.he is the perfect match of DON character.but vijay he don't know how to act.
    if mani going direct a new movie.he can direct a movie with surya or ajith.if it is a love story.then it wil be a madhavan .if it is a don character that must be "Ajith" .if it is a normal commercial story.that may be ajith or surya.
    if it is film for historical then it wil be for vikram..

vijay can dance for one song in his film.'coz he knows that only.
    NO MIKE MANIRATNAM WILL CHANGE VIJAY'S
    NORMALGET-UP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    MANIRATNAM-KITTE MAATNA
    AVALEVUTHAN
    PITCHI PEAN PARTHERUVAARU
    HE WILL TEACH VIJAY HOW TO ACT!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    but manirathnam wil take atleast 10 months for one film
    it is not possible for vijay.'coz he acts 3 films per year and earn more money.and mani will not allow any provoke dialogues against any actors in his movies.and also he is a decent director.but vijay wants dappa kuthu song..and introduction song (it is only for rajini in indian cinema )
    and mani want perfect acting.that he wil not expect frm vijay.vijay never do like that acting.and he wil not take risk.vijay's irritating dialogues r not possiblr in mani's movie..
    first vijay has to learn more in real life and also acting.
    he doesn't know how to behave others.his route is not correct.he hides all what he is doing behind the scene
    ELLARUKKUM ARADI KULITHAN.
    ADATHA ATTAM POTTAVANELLAM ENNA ANNNNU TERIUMA

Post Thanks / Like
    if it is a love story.then it wil be a madhavan .if it is a don character that must be "Ajith" .if it is a normal commercial story.that may be ajith or surya.
    interesting point about the historical ... i remember reading somewhere that mani ratnam's dream project is to adapt Kalki's "Ponniyin Selvan" to screen ...

hmmm ... if this were to materialize, i wonder who would play the title role ?!!

don't know how accurate this is - informed hubbers please shed light !

Post Thanks / Like
    hi hubbers ..this one is really a good thread ..

well lemme tell u the only malayalam film that MR took was "UNARU" staring mohanlal...

got a feeling only a few here have seen the movie " IRUVAR ".. eventhough the movie wasn't accepted by the mass, it was critcally
    acclaimed...

i wud rate nayagan,iruvar,kannathil muthamittal and roja as the top 5 MR movies..

nayagan is definitely on top inspite of some scenes taken directly from the eng movie "the godfather"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danny
    nayagan is definitely on top inspite of some scenes taken directly from the eng movie "the godfather"
    talking of The Godfather ... it really would be interesting to find out to what extent mani was actually influenced by coppola's film. you know, i saw Nayagan much before i saw The Godfather ... both films are equally engrossing and i've seen both many times since ... but frankly, i'm yet to figure out the scenes in Nayagan which were lifted directly. except maybe the killing incident which makes him a "dada" - in Nayagan it was inspector kelkar, while in Godfather it was vito corleone killing the local don fanucci.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mani's Unnaru in Malayalam was based on Labour struggles. Typical Mallu concept in 1984. Very early days of Mohanlal. He was good. Movie was so-so.

MR was a classic.Great dialogue/screenplay and ofcourse music.
    Geetanjali was another beauty.Best music in a mani movie ( I love oh papa laali) and great performances.

nayagan/agninakshatram are Mani movies where he deviates from typical commercial formats.Kamal was great in nayagan and so was karthik in AN.

Anjali was brilliant.Sheer magnitude of making movie with so many kids.Great screenplay.Great photography as well.

Roja/Bombay/Dil se were of same concept normal man in midst of terrorism.Roja was the best.Other 2 were ok.

I liked Thiruda Thiruda a lot.Superb entertainment and best music by ARR in a Mani movie.No classic but pure fun.

Iruvar was sheer poetry. It went way over audience head. But Mohanlal/Prakashraj, dialogues took the movie to another level.

Alai payuthe was ok again not great so was Kannathil Muthamital.
    I have not seen Yuva/AE so I can't comment but reliable sources were dissapointed.

My top 5 Mani movies (chronological order)
    1) Mouna Raagam
    2) Geetanjali
    3) Anjali
    4) Thiruda Thiruda
    5) Iruvar.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Nayagan is Mani's best movie till date.. Mounaragam depended heavily on Ilayaraja alone.. Without Ilayaraja music, it would have gone for a toss. But Nayagan was excellent.. The way he portraid Kamal, the scenes with Karthika etc was really good... Geethanjali, Agninatchathiram, Anjali, Dalapathy are all more musicals.. and masala-mixed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danny
    well lemme tell u the only malayalam film that MR took was "UNARU" staring mohanlal...

got a feeling only a few here have seen the movie " IRUVAR ".. eventhough the movie wasn't accepted by the mass, it was critcally
    acclaimed...
    interesting - i know mani made a kannada film to begin with, but a malayalam film with mohanlal?! didn't know that ... i thought Iruvar was the only film they had collaborated on.
    and talking of Iruvar, mani actually went on record to say he was disappointed that mohanlal didn't get the national award for his brilliant performance in that film ...
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it true? I have a doubt ramsri. Kalki's 'ponniyin selvan' is a superb historical novel that portrays the tradition of tamil kings. I have read that more than thousand times. The narration of kalki was simply superb. Lot of twists and tricks.. oh.. what a talented story writer he is.. I think current directors should opt for separate dialogue writers rather than writing their own ugly dialogues.

I still have a doubt whether Mani can bring the same unique style which Kalki used in his novels to the silver screen. The characters in the movie should be played by matured actors and I think Mani knows this clearly. But the problem might be the budget. Producers might not feel very good to spend crores and crores for this film even if it has popular actors.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsri
    if it is a love story.then it wil be a madhavan .if it is a don character that must be "Ajith" .if it is a normal commercial story.that may be ajith or surya.
    interesting point about the historical ... i remember reading somewhere that mani ratnam's dream project is to adapt Kalki's "Ponniyin Selvan" to screen ...

hmmm ... if this were to materialize, i wonder who would play the title role ?!!

don't know how accurate this is - informed hubbers please shed light !
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast