Thread: Tips for "Grooms -to- be"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    niro wrote:
    Where are you guys going to live???
    In my apartment in Bangalore.

niro also wrote:
    With or without in-laws in tow???!!!
    My parents will come and go. Her parents also will do the same.

Niro's third query:
    Uhm....Will there be a honeymoon or not??? Or will it just be a whole lot of sight seeing with in-laws as ahem, chaperones????!!!!
    We haven't planned that bit. My leaves are in some critical shape. So will have to plan accordingly.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Niro's third query:
    Uhm....Will there be a honeymoon or not??? Or will it just be a whole lot of sight seeing with in-laws as ahem, chaperones????!!!!
    We haven't planned that bit. My leaves are in some critical shape. So will have to plan accordingly.
    Thambi: Inga romba mukhiyama gavani....don't postpone the honeymoon...or you will hear about it till your "aruvadhavathu kalyanam"

You may take her to the moon next year, but she will still say "all my friends went for their honeymoon...neenga appave enna engayume kootikittu poga mateengale" or about a three hundred and sixty three other variations of it.

So, throw caution to the winds and go somewhere...you may not stick to your present organization/boss for life, but you are going to be stuck to your wife for a looooong time to come!!

Apparam un istham
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm why all this forewarning and scaring? Really are ladies like that? All of them so stereotypical? I mean i know of the stereotypical ones portrayed in say films or tv but in real life?

Post Thanks / Like
    Q: I take it that you are not married and therefore, you can't believe you will ultimately fall into the same sterotype.

Marriage does strange things to people. It makes bonded slaves of men and it brings out hitherto hidden facets of the woman. I daresay you will start discovering new facets of yourself when you get married too!

I am sure all girls start out saying I will be different...but seeing the metaphoric sacrificial lamb aka husband brings back savage memories of ancient past encoded in the very genes. Out goes the resolution to be different! Instead, she says, licking her lips, "Ha! And abandon this wonderful opportunity? What do I take myself for? A fool?"

That is what happens when the man says "I do" (to use a western concept of the marriage).
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well ok whatever why worry about things that are far from happening i'll just stay in my realm of ignorance thanx

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    I am sure all girls start out saying I will be different...but seeing the metaphoric sacrificial lamb aka husband brings back savage memories of ancient past encoded in the very genes. Out goes the resolution to be different! Instead, she says, licking her lips, "Ha! And abandon this wonderful opportunity? What do I take myself for? A fool?"
    This is truly great!!! ........and how true!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Badri!
    Good one!!!! particularly the "363 other variants"
    and the "encoded in the very genes"

I salute you!! y didn't u try ur hand in Thamizh film dialogue writing. I am sure u can beat crazy mohan.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Badri!

I salute you!! y didn't u try ur hand in Thamizh film dialogue writing. I am sure u can beat crazy mohan.
    JG,
    Let me print this salute and present you back on the 17 th of June.. You'll then decode practically what's really encoded in a woman's genes!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Badri!

Thambi JG: Sirithaal mattum podhathu...learn these lessons by heart!!

Tamizh film dialogs aa! Intha nakkal thaane venangarathu!

Post Thanks / Like
    akka wrote:
    JG,
    Let me print this salute and present you back on the 17 th of June.. You'll then decode practically what's really encoded in a woman's genes!
    Innum aarambikkaradhukkulle en kudumba vaazhkaile Gundu vaikiraangale!!! cries out like vadivelu..
    (eng translation: Why plant a bomb in my yet to begin married life? )
    Edho vaarthai prayogam nalla irundhadhennu paarattinen! Adhu kooda koodadha akka???
    (eng translation: I just congratulated badri for his intersting vocabs, Is that an offence big enuf for such a punishment?)
    - Gore Vidal

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567