Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussions on Telegu Films

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HindustaniLadka
    Whatever, Bollywood films are still the pride of India. Even if they are not 100% realistic, they showcase some of the best talent from all parts of India. Bollywood is not the "north" Indian film indstry, it is the national film industry. People in all parts of India watch them. Bollywood films are also exported to the Middle East, Asia, and Eastern Europe/Russia. I don't know about other regional films, but i know for sure that Telugu films make India look bad.

Oh, by the way, what is wrong with making the colleges colorful?
    All other reginol movies are also played all over the world...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HindustaniLadka
    Oh, by the way, what is wrong with making the colleges colorful?
    HL - the complaint is not against making colleges look colourful ... the complaint is against the tendency that most hindi filmmakers have, of favouring STYLE over SUBSTANCE. if you want to make your film look colourful, then by all means go ahead ... but for God's sake don't make that the main theme of the film!
    the reason i say this is that most young filmmakers these days (and this includes the likes of karan johar, aditya chopra et al) really don't make films that address relevant themes or issues - and all the "making colleges look colourful" stunts are used only to cover up for the non-existence of such themes. the glitzy sets and the glam locales are generally used to distract the viewer from the film's wafer-thin plot.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    of course, having said that - we must also applaud the efforts of people like farhan akhtar - i though Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya were two SERIOUSLY good films. they stuck to the mainstream pattern of hindi cinema - they had the usual masala elements, esp DCH - BUT they were also technically brilliant, had strong storylines (esp Lakshya) with solid acting performances. and most important -they were entertaining.
    just goes to show what good filmmaking is about - it's really all about making a whole that's greater than the sum of its parts - its a concept that not many in hindi cinema seem to have embraced.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are Hindi movies all about these days? All Punjabi weddings !! Is this great for you guys? Compare movies like Deewar, Company, Fiza, Yuva with Kal Ho Na Ho, DDLJ, etc. No reality. It's just colors and glitz. Maybe the Indians raised in America will like it because it does not show the real India. Clearly, Tamil movies are so much better than the Hindi movies. I just don't understand why the Hindi movies changed its trend from revolving around Bombay to going all the way up to Punjab and show that as India. And SRK is the biggest contributor to this shift. If Amitabh had a bad guy with 4 fights and 5 songs, SRK has a big Punjabi family, a wedding, a love story in between, and about 8-10 group dance songs with all kutas and pyjamas. OMG !! Save Hindi cinema...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m_23_bayarea
    Compare movies like Deewar, Company, Fiza, Yuva with Kal Ho Na Ho, DDLJ, etc. No reality.
    i'm surprised (and glad!) to know that some people actually liked Yuva - for some reason it doesn't seem to have done too well up north ... prob'ly bcos people there aren't used to watching films with such contemporary themes ... ?!

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm surprised (and glad!) to know that some people actually liked Yuva - for some reason it doesn't seem to have done too well up north ... prob'ly bcos people there aren't used to watching films with such contemporary themes ... ?
    Yeah u r right...but Yuva did make a lot of news than other movies...there was a lot of discussion bout the movie and the theme of it...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber catre's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Indian films

GO HINDUSTANI LADKA! J'AI HINDI! (what ever that means)

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oohlala
    Amma Naana O Tamil Ammayi.
    I wud like to add Anandha Mazhai, i dono the name in telugu.
    Sat sri akaal Sardarni, kee haal hai?
    Gawd....u know telugu as well, huh?!! ....quite impressed! 'guess it makes u feel more Indian to know various local langs. rather than being fluent in just one/two....(atleast it makes me feel tat way!)
    Neways, coming back to the topic in qsn. I'd like to add a few more exceptionally good tel. movies- old & new- to my earlier list (& Surya's):

- Mogudu Pellallu (*ing Bhanupriya, altho it didn't seem to've made a very big hit?)
    -Swarna Kamalam (Bhanupriya again)
    -Swathimuthyam (altho therez a tamil version too!)
    -Pavithra Bandham
    -Kshemanga velli labhanga randi (not the songs tho!)
    -Annamayya (Nagarjuna)
    -Aa naluguru (just saw it 2 days ago!)

will name more later as I recollect......

Hindi movies definitely have good cast, dance, etc, etc.... but when u come to the stories its nt up to the grade...
    Hmm.....personally I don't find the standard of the stories ne better even in South (in this case Telugu) movies in recent years.....most of them hav cheap comedy consisting of double-meaning dialogues, exaggerated emotions and reeeeally pathetic scenes like showing a woman's saree pallu falling/wearing/taking off the saree/leching at a woman etc....which pass off as comedy! eeeyuck....

Hindi films focus on looks but not stories.
    I think even in the South this is the trend today! Only diff. is Hindi films now focus on Western looks whereas South is sticking to trad. looks....to sum extent atleast!

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsri
    Putting lots of colors in the movie dosent make in better. And i guess no Indian students ever saw their class room in yellow and red...only Bollywood can do that...there sud b some logic...
    have to agree with that. i guess that was the reference to films like "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and the imaginary, candyfloss college atmosphere it tried so hard to create ... yeah, that was really corny.
    Mee too agree! And its not just the matter of providing a 'colourful' atmosphere tat defies logic in case of Bollywood.....I've noticed (& I'm sure evn most others) tat in many Hindi movies, whenever there is a car chase sequence or showing someone travelling in a car, the car/s in the sequence are suddenly (& illogically) changed from one scene to the next!
    For eg. an Amby or a Fiat shown in one scene becomes 10 years newer/older in the next! And then a dent or a broken taillight/Headlight on a car is magically absent/repaired on the same car in the very next scene!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstanher
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    There are good telugu movies:
    Sagarasangamam
    Yep, I like tat too! (A.K.A Saalangai Oli(?) in Tamil ) I esp. liked the song 'Thakita Thadimi', where K'haasan dances on the well, as a kid!

Shankarabaranam
    Yep, tat too! Btw, Surya- do u know Telugu as well??

There are much more I'll name later.
    Um....I think 'Sitara', 'Shiva' were good.....also 'Challenge', altho the song/dance sequences weren't tat good! :P
    That was a good scene. I love SPB's voice in that song also!

I know a little. I can understand, but not really speak it.

PS: I just saw a movie called ARYA yesterday!! Now my head hurts!

It's just a stupid love story, pakka masala. But that masala also wasnt made well. U gotta see it to have the reaction of non-stop headbanging until u pass out.
    Back after a while...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast