Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Singing...What is it all about???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gooshi can i still call you that?
    Sorry hon been busy and on holiday so didn't even see this thread till now...

looks like you and me both...but im worse..i can't remember lyrics worth a cent...just mostly hum or tha na na na...my way thru ...but however a private singer i am...i still do it...and get caught sometimes too

anyways the letters abc etc. are for notes on instruments not for singing in english...middle c (on keyboard and piano) since you have a keyboard you'll know

left hand: starts with middle c, d,e,f, g ,a, b,c
    right hand: c, b, a, g, f, e,d, c
    it's easier to understand just get a child's piano song book...

to sing we use do,re,mi, fah,so,lah,ti,doh(hi)
    just a way to organize your scale/voice range...first doh sing as low as you can to highest without cracking....personally think desi way of learning to sing is the best way to improve...i don't know how voice training in english instruction would go..sang in choir when a kid...was highest soprano....but now i realize those are just mediocre labels and that my passion for classical (carnatic) music will never end until i take lessons....which i seriously hope to do sometime in my life...hopefully after i graduate...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    Hi Gooshi can i still call you that?
    Sorry hon been busy and on holiday so didn't even see this thread till now...

looks like you and me both...but im worse..i can't remember lyrics worth a cent...just mostly hum or tha na na na...my way thru ...but however a private singer i am...i still do it...and get caught sometimes too

anyways the letters abc etc. are for notes on instruments not for singing in english...middle c (on keyboard and piano) since you have a keyboard you'll know

left hand: starts with middle c, d,e,f, g ,a, b,c
    right hand: c, b, a, g, f, e,d, c
    it's easier to understand just get a child's piano song book...

to sing we use do,re,mi, fah,so,lah,ti,doh(hi)
    just a way to organize your scale/voice range...first doh sing as low as you can to highest without cracking....personally think desi way of learning to sing is the best way to improve...i don't know how voice training in english instruction would go..sang in choir when a kid...was highest soprano....but now i realize those are just mediocre labels and that my passion for classical (carnatic) music will never end until i take lessons....which i seriously hope to do sometime in my life...hopefully after i graduate...
    Hi Querida, Yes, you can use gooshi but I'd prefer the new one .... really appreciate your reply. First of all, I don't want to sing in English . I'm interested in Hindian music...I read somewhere that some people think that just by singing, they'll achieve the singing voice they desire, but that's not correct, they'll have to concentrate on vocal excercises more than they do on singing. So thanks for the excercise you shared.

Well, wish you best of luck and hope you succeed in making your dream come true. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts in here .
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123