Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singing...What is it all about???

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Singing...What is it all about???

Here's a topic everyone would find interesting(I hope)....especially those intertested in singing (in the bathroom ) ...

Could someone please explain what Octaves are and how does one go figuring out how much one has?

Also, how do you successfully hold a tune?

I love to sing(and no, not in front of people and I won't go looking for a instructor either or I wouldn't have come here)....oh and please, if anyone does post some information, please take care to post in, ummmmm ...well, simple english.....I have no idea what all those A's, C's or whatsoever are when people explain about octaves....(You'll be the one providing the knowledge so don't expect anything from me ). READY, GET SET, GO!!!!!!!!!
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I sound like I know nothing about singing and that's true....but don't go about lecturing me on how I should go and learn something first then post posts on singing

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay Blah Blah, Nirosha, Scorpio, Querida, and others, whats the magic spell? Huh ?

18 views and no replies? Need keyboards?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deep_Secrets,
    If you are really serious about singing(without going for a tutor), I would suggest you get a little keyboard, you should get one for $40 and less, and practise some tunes from books or the net - it will get you a good grasp of notes and their frequencies. Once you can perceive the difference in sound between two adjacent keys, say, you should be able to modulate your voice to the right note.

Octave is followed in Western notation - every sound falls into one of 8 frequency ranges. The Indian notation(Carnatic or Hindustani classical) have atleast 12.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deep,

U can count me in... I'm almost the same as U r, in music...A big zero as to the technical terms but would like to learn music...& no idea of taking up regular classes...Hope someone will help us out...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Secrets
    Okay Blah Blah, Nirosha, Scorpio, Querida, and others, whats the magic spell? Huh ?

Can't you guess that we are no better at it than yourself? Trust blahblah to jump in if I knew atleast the ABCD of these things.All I sing is 'Mein ne ek sundar sapna dekha'-watch looneytunes regularly and you will get to know atleast that much.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blahblah,

Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah

Can't you guess that we are no better at it than yourself? Trust blahblah to jump in if I knew atleast the ABCD of these things.All I sing is 'Mein ne ek sundar sapna dekha'-watch looneytunes regularly and you will get to know atleast that much.
    ....I meant something else and you took it as bohat hi something else ....Looneytunes sing love songs in urdu

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looneytunes sing love songs in urdu
    So you don't know even the Cartoon network in India is entirely Hindian now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hi Deep,

U can count me in... I'm almost the same as U r, in music...A big zero as to the technical terms but would like to learn music...& no idea of taking up regular classes...Hope someone will help us out...
    Welcome!!! Welcome to Deep's world of Ignorance (and Secrets) , You too BlahBlah .....So both of us are lazy and want to achieve something as big as the ability of singing ghar baithe bithay? (Sorry, do you understand urdu?)

Hehehewalrus, that sounds sensible....my kid brother has a piano so I'll just use his .....I am broke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast