View Poll Results: Will this style attract any readers?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure! It is intelligent!

7 100.00%
  • Yuck! Are you nuts?

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying out a new writing style - Chapter The First

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    well, actually I did submit it...and one of them was interested, but at the last minute, I got cold feet. I thougth it wasnt good enough and that it needed revision. So I asked them for time, and I am ashamed to admit, it is now lying in the back burner.

I lack the discipline needed for an author, Q!!
    awww don't feel too bad...maybe then by posting your revised chapters you'll see how much posters really enjoy your story and get over your cold feet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. That is why I am doing this exercise...and thanks to all of you who have posted your comments so far, my feet are feeling warm already!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey there,
    really like it so far. Reads like good literature

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides, we could read your novel for free and give you our undivided attention and two sens worth before you go commercial, Pa!!

That's when the know-it-alls turn up, to thumb their snooty noses at ya, in the guise of good literary critique!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Pa....and thanks for your two sens...

Hey C-Man: Thanks much buddy! Drastic change from what's going on in One-liner tale, what?
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only today I happened to see this thread, Badri! Well done! Good old story telling in the charming style of descriptive prose writers of yester years, spiced with good satire. But I am afraid the majority of youngsters have no patience with lengthy stories of this type. No need to worry about that. A select few like us should more than satisfy the writer in you. As for the story, since I don’t have the good fortune to have read LOTR yet, I immediately recalled King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table. This is like a medieval story and the language suits it. Some portions of Michael Criston’s Time Machine have good descriptions of medieval era & the feudal life scenario. And finally, Badri, with your mastery of the language it is a pleasure to read the yarn you spin. Go ahead!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    For this alone, I will go ahead with the story, Mrs PP. Thanks for making my day.

It is as you say, one cannot hope to satisfy the world, but at least one can endeavour to satisfy those have the finesse and class to appreciate.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Badri! U've got us all eargerly waiting here PA!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Badri,
    I came across this only today....I certainly enjoyed reading it, PA!! (Excuse me, Niro, it is sooo catchy!!). Love your language and wonder where or how you came out with the names ???? When's the next chapter??

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Big Akka! The second chapter is underway, but I am so swamped with work that the creative juices are not flowing!!!

Will try to get it out soon. Feeling flattered to have so many people actually asking for the next chapters! :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast