Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Violence against women

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber M2J's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemant Trivedi
    Dear Friends,

One thing I really hate about Tamil Movies is, ALL MALES INCLUDING HERO , VILLAIN TO COMEDIANS SLAP WOMEN.

I am always pained when women are slapped in movies. Most of you might have observed this thing.
    its not alright unless they deserve it
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
    If you want Peace, Prepare for War.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Unfortunately, women tend to be thier own enemies. Sad.
    Well said NOV!!! Even though I'm a woman I have to agree with you fully ! It all depends on our own thinking and how a person is brought up and how she/he is guided.

BlahBlah,

Hats off to your Mom!! We need more mothers like her! and not expecting the media to change the world!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys,Probably its that my mom brought us all up as a single parent after my father passed away when we were all in School .That sense of independence and faith in the ability of women could have helped her .And I tell you I have seen many such mothers who do not bring up their sons as hammers and daughters as nails 8) .
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    Gayathri you can use your relation with your MIL (which seems to be great) as an example. I am sure your MIL will help you in this. May be you have the chance to change someones life.
    Funnily enough the daughter in law doesnt seem to complain!! and there are loads of things in our culture I'd like to see a change in.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayathri

there are loads of things in our culture I'd like to see a change in.
    Gayathri, you've got a point here ! I think we should try and discuss more on this cultural aspects rather than trying to find 'lame' excuses for such problems

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayathri

there are loads of things in our culture I'd like to see a change in.
    Gayathri, you've got a point here ! I think we should try and discuss more on this cultural aspects rather than trying to find 'lame' excuses for such problems
    yeah roshan! State of woman in india is very pitiable things like widow remarriage, relationship or another marraige after divorce etc these things are always seen in a bad way. I totally agree with the orthanukku oruthi, but if the oruthan is not anymore why cant she fall in love or marry innoruthan? why is this always wrong? I sometimes feel that Indian culture is indian woman's own enemy. If a woman remarries does that mean she has lost her morality?Our culture emphasises morality and chastity for woman. But what exactly is being morale? What exactly is culture?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the marriages are arranged and parents see it has their responcibility. They have pressure from society also. But once women get married parents are freed from the burden (its a fact that marrying of daughters is a real burden on the poor parents in Indian condisions ).

In case of widows they themselves have to find a groom which is new for them. It becomes more difficult depending on your In-laws and if you have children.

But now a days if you find your groom I dont think the society will object to it .

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    XYZ

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why feminism has not caught popular support in India. I can understand a man opposing it. But why no support even from a large minority of women?

In western countries there are feminist groups who keep the govt engaged on women issues. Ofcource we cannot replant the same consept in India because of cultural difference, but some sort of Indian equivalant.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    XYZ

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast