Ner konda paarvai

Ajithkumar, VidyaBalan releasing 8th of Aug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Ajithkumar, VidyaBalan releasing 8th of Aug
    Rachel, You guys are still updating things here, I move to twitter and see all the update. I will try to visit often.
    Tribute to Hero’s who gave their lives so that their brothers and sisters, wherever they may live - yes, wherever they may live - may live with dignity and in freedom. *November 27th Remembrance day *

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoo View Post
    Rachel, You guys are still updating things here, I move to twitter and see all the update. I will try to visit often.
    hi..cujoo

did you watch the movie?

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ner Konda Paarvai (NKP)

Even though the film seems effortless in potraying the Courtroom Drama with boldness (thanks to the awesome Pink movie's scenario by Shoojit Sircar), NKP slightly deviated from the motive, as to why the non-practising lawyer comes forward to help the molested victims. I especially liked the way the the character Deepak Sehgal reacts throughout the film Pink where the writer & directer lets the motive and its consequences open to the audience. During the flow of Pink you don't get it all along (even when you get a glimpse of Deepak's wife) until Deepak says in his closing statement "No means No, even if it is voiced by your wife". The way Deepak narrates it inside the courtroom deals his own confession by holding a turbulance of pain and like a window to his arogant past and how he himself was responsible in making his own wife a victim for his own desires. This aspect is beautifully carved into the film Pink without cutting it off with baseless flash backs and taking just the time to talk about sexual harrasement. The whole point of the film is how the society still dominates women, that too, by their own relations including their husband. With Deepak's repentance, the guilt takes a full circle.

In NKP, they made it look more like a sympathy under emotional circumstances, including the girl's weakness and the anger tiggered by a conflict with the responsible of the act (and the guilt - not being there for his wife when she needed him the most). Not sure if director Vinoth overlooked this facet in Pink or he deliberately altered it. Nevertheless both films are fantastic to watch.

For the record : "No Means No" is a solgan against "sexual assault, acquaintance rape, and dating violence" by The Canadian Federation of Students (CFS) who created the campaign in 1990. For NKP, the key word is "Dating Violence".

NKP - Crack of Dawn
    Last edited by mappi; 3rd November 2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

6. Likes rachel liked this post