Thread: PBS all time great for his melody

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

PBS all time great for his melody

friends, some one asked what was the first movie of PBS. It is JADHAGAM. I met him on the day Gemini passed away at Gemini's house. In fact i only forced the press people to get some interviews on that occasion. The great singer was praising all the time about Gemini and he said in tears that the song kalangalil aval vasantham made him strong hold in the filmworld. Anyway coming to the point, PBS songs, the percentage of hit songs from PBS is more than any other singer, i can say. I have seen most of the songs mentioned in this forum but why no one said about 'Avanallal puvi mele anuvum asaiyadu in prema pasam' and nenjam alai modave kannum kulamagave in manamalai.
    It is very interesting to say that many singers who entered the field showed their talents only by singing Nilave ennidam nerungade' and somebody mentioned that the song thennankeethu oonjalile to be listened in a open terrace in the night hours. with children surrounding you listen chinna chinna roja in the same way. And when u r in distress to get freshness,songs like mayakkama kalakkama and the great song puriyadu puriyadu vazkaiyin ragasiyam puriyadu please listen. Have you noticed today everybody giving importance to the melody like PBS in those days. I conclude Md.Rafi and PBS the greatest of great giants in indian movies. i can tell so many songs, of course not fully lyrics lines if u ask. PBS will be participating in the condolence meeting for late Gemini on 10th Apr 2005 10.a.m at Narada Gana Sabha mini hall chennai TTk Rd. why dont you join with us friends

gemini sridhar
    geminisridhar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of live orchestras and a legendary eatery

Nostalgia- Singer P.B. Sreenivas on the magic behind the evergreen melodies of the past, Woodlands Drive-in and more…

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2009/03/11/s...1150020100.htm

Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

rare song

hi can anyone provide the link to a rare song from the movie-neeya naana starring gemini & devika.
    "ku ku kuyilaka".

Post Thanks / Like
    It was heartening to see telecast of a live show honoring PBS a couple of weeks back one one of Tamil TV channels. While the overall quality of the concert wrt the singing and orchestra was nothing to write home about, it was still an admirable exercise in attempting to honor a musical legend.

May the greatness of PBS and his melodious vocals continue to weave their magic on forthcoming generations.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the misfortune of listening to PBS and PS singing rOja malarE raaja kumari.
    I turned off the tv not wanting to spoil the song forever for me.

who are the sadists who make these great legends sing again?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree fully with NOV. in that same stage, SJ sang one song with Srinivas (in place of PBS). aandondru ponaal. Thaanga mudiyalaipaa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tfmlover's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ethudaa Vaazkkai(Sathiyam ThavaraathE )

PBS in Sathiyam ThavarathE (1968)
    எதுடா வாழ்க்கை
    இதுவா வாழ்க்கை ?
    என்னடா வாழ்க்கை
    http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=429523

Regards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karnataka honours playback singer P B Sreenivas

Bangalore (PTI): Karnataka Government on Monday honoured yesteryear multi-lingual playback singer P B Sreenivas in recognition of his contribution to the Kannada film industry.

Affectionately known as "PBS" in the Kannada, Telugu and Tamil film world, Sreenivas was allotted a 2500 sq ft residential site by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa who handed over the allotment letter issued by the Bangalore Development Authority to the singer at the secretariat.

"I am so happy about it.It is God's wish that such an honour comes to me now, though belated", the 78-year-old Sreenivas, who has rendered thousands of songs in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu, told PTI after receiving the letter.

Yeddyurappa also presented him with a Mysore turban and a shawl.

PBS, also a lyricist, sung a song composed in praise of Kannada language and also the Chief Minister on the occasion, enthralling the gathering.

Yeddyurappa said "the previous governments should have honoured this legendary singer.I am happy that it is happening now".

PBS sang in films in which the late Kannada film icon Rajkumar starred and his renditions continue to hold music buffs in thrall. "I am still 18-year-old when it comes to music", he said in a lighter vein.

(From The Hindu)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    dashing ஸ்ரீ.ஸ்ரீனிவோஸ் & sensuous ஜானு !
    மாலையும் இரவும் சந்திக்கும் வேளையில்........பாசம்.
    http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=281...69083554741577
    ஒரே கேள்வி ஒரே கேள்வி......
    http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=268...௩௬
    மஹாகவி பாரதியாரின்....இந்த காற்று வெளியிடை .......

ஏன் சிரித்தாய் என்னை பார்த்து உன் எழில்தனை பாடவா......
    http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=205...95372482884383

dulcet singing என்னருகே நீ இருந்தால்.....

Intimacy oozes

பால் வண்ணம் பருவம் கண்டு ....

Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 5th December 2011 at 08:29 AM.