azhagiya pon veeNaiye(kaagidha odam)

Next:

http://tfmpage.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl...ngs/ponv_ko.rm

Song: azhagiya ponveenaiye
    Film: kaagidha odam
    Singers: SNSurendar, Jolly Abraham
    Lyrics: Vairamuthu
    Music : Shankar Ganesh

SG duo, Deva of 70's , lifted this beautiful song from Tollywood. They must have been totally besotted with this song because this film has 3 versions of it (SPB,SNS-BSS and JA-BSS combo).
    -'kaagidha odam' had NaLini, KRvijaya and iLavarasan. I have seen this movie long time back on Malaysian television and vaguely remember the story line. NaLini in love with iLavarasan ends up marrying someoneelse, who later dies in a car accident. KRvijaya, MIL of NaLini , comes to know about naLini's ex boyfriend and what she does to make NaLini marry iLavarasan forms the rest of the story. naLinis 'kaLvadiyum pookaL' had a similar storyline.
    -There are couple more below average songs in this film. FM might remember them
    - Vairamuthu has repeated his favorite lines
    ' un koondhalil poo vaikkira en nenjil thee vaikkiraai'
    -Thanks to RC for sending this song.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,

Isnt this JA-BSS version?

Are you sure about the story? I remember the cast as Prasath (Not Prasanth), Nalini, Ilavarasan. I'm not sure about KRV.
    I watched the movie on my journey to Trichy from Chennai. The story, as I remember, is Nalini and Ilavarasan are in love during their college days; Prasath is aware of their love; Ilavarasan gets killed by the villains and Nalini is abused. Nalini remains unmarried; Prasath wants to marry her but she refuses; I fell asleep after this and so am not sure how this ends

Like you said FM should be able to give us the complete story

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think nalini acted as singer in this movie. There was KR Vijaya too in a special appearence role

BSS-SN duet was a great hit.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Temple City : Madurai / Capital city : New Delhi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,
    thanks for the two songs,
    1) paniyil naniyum malargal irandu
    2) aathaadi etho aasaigal

yet to listen.

paniyil nanaiyum songil pallavi is quite brilliant than saranam as written by u.

Around 3 songs were good in Love. In saathiyaa both SPB and chithra were quite good compared to mano, chithra in tamil.

another request Ramki,
    if possible pls upload this song in POW :
    paaduthu paaduthu pattu ponmalai saaralin kaatru from anbu sangili ( prabhu, revathi starrer)
    yvs mani

Senior Member Regular Hubber From Mars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki

Cast, Nalini, prasath, ilavarasan, KRV. they were all students and prasath had an eye for Nalini. When they went out for a college picnic, prasath wrote this song as a poem. Ilavarasan is a friend of prasath, steals this poem and sang as a song (happy version). Then nalini started loving ilavarasan and got engaged him as well. They went for a picnic stayed in a place where nalini was raped and iLavarasan was killed. Then nalini leaves the place. This song takes place when nalini and prasath meets again in some wedding after few years.

Ofcourse I watched this movie, because of this song.
    Another movie that I had watched for songs is 'yaaro azhaikiraarkaL', simply it is atrocious Young raguvaran with guitar
    ithu wedding ila paadura paataa ithu? I liked the happy version though

the other songs that I remember:
    pon veenaiyE ennOdu (Happy)
    sottuthamma neer sottuthamma (MV, ??)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    FM: KRV-m college student-aa?
    appadiye yaaro azhaikkiraargaL kadhayum sollungaLen

Senior Member Regular Hubber From Mars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RC

yaaro azhikiraarkaL kadhai maranthu pOchu paatu scene maathiram gnapagam irukku
    popular songs
    1. paal nilavu kaainthathE (JC)
    2. indha iravil naan paadum (JC)

not so popular
    1. unnai unnai thaanE (KJY, Latha kannan)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Thanks ramki.

(This is re: paniyil nanaiyum from priya oh priya )

I think the song is worth for its pallavi alone. Listen how the tune is taken up by the strings section. The vocals give a sensuous touch, but the strings seem to express the 'rush of feelings' inside. The orchestration goes through a sudden shift in the interludes. Maybe to reflect something in the picturisation. The ending of the song is a 'humming' counterpoint similar to 'ninaivo oru paravai'.
    Mano,chitra are ok, though the original is miles ahead.
    RR, fantastic description of the song, but you did not mention about my favorite instrument - bass guitar. The whole song is full of counterpoints (mainly the bass line). The song uses a favorite technique of IR, when the string/vocals are ascending, the bass descends. The 'straight' bass fills in the pallavi are replaced by the much 'twisty' flute fills in the charanams. The ending is actually a repetition of the motif, used througout the song, starting from the prelude.

BTW, this song must be in a oft-repeated raagam of IR, seems too familiar. Also the beginning humming of SPB (yeah, I listened to the kannada version) reminds me of 'nandha nee en nilA'.

The Mano/Chitra version is very bad (lets call a spade a spade). It feel like it is a few BPM's less than the kannada version. Maybe, the slightly different arrangment (I think less number of instruments) and less clarity in the recording does not help either (even though the bass lines are more prominent in the tamil version).

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RC,FM- thanks for the correction. As i said i saw it long timeback and i have only vague memories of the film

yvsMani i dont think i have that song

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

mouna raagam maNa veeNai(kolangaL)

Next:

http://tfmpage.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl...gs/mouna_ko.rm

Song: mouna raagam maNa veenai
    Film: kolangaL
    Singer: SJanaki
    Lyrics: Vaali
    Music : iLaiyaraja

This is a beautiful solo by SJ. I have seen this film but do not remember watching this song.
    kolangaL must be the last venture by IVSasi in kodambakkam. It was an above average film with good performances by Jairam and Kushboo.
    There were 4 songs but i only remember 3 of them
    'oru kootil'(Mano, Devi),
    'ullaasa poongaatre'(Chitra) and todays pick.
    There was one more duet by Mano and Sjanaki.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast