Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shah Rukh Khan

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber catre's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

SRK

I want immeadiate reply! WHO THINK THAT THE SOUTH INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY, THE MEN THINK THAT THERE BIG, UGLY, DISGUSTING MUSTACHES LOOK GOOD (CHIRANJEEVI, TELEGU)? IF THEY DONT GET A NEW "LOOK" THOSE UGLY PEOPLE, I THINK I WILL PUKE! PLEASE REPLY SOMEONE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. Someone that actually shares the same views on Telugu films as me.

yeah, i hate the way people in Telugu films look. They all look like idiots and the films represent the worst of society. Telugu films make Telugu speaking people look bad(i'm a telugu speaker). The reason why they cast such hideous people is because the directors or producers are ussually related to them. The films are madevery qucikly and the producers try to spend as little money as possible, so they cast their own relatives regardless of how they look. One thing i never understood was how Chiranjeevi became so famous(i know he has done some social work and all...but he is still a horrible actor). He is a big, fat, and ugly guy that can't act or dance properly. Even the actresses these days are getting uglier and fatter.

Anyway, lets create a new thread for more discussion on this topic.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber sahana6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would if i could but im not telugu.....
    sahana

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sharukh is really a good actor. but he cant be called as a great actor untill he does anything different. look at akshay kumar. he is not the same khiladi boy now. just look at the roles he is doing now. anti-hero in ajnabi, warrior poet in athws, action hero in khakki, angry young man in insaan. he is really growing as an actor.
    sharukh is an actor who doesnt look for variety. ajay devgan is another versatile actor who can do any kind of roles. sharukh will remain as the king khan of bollywood, but he cant be considered as a great actor.

Post Thanks / Like
    shah rukh khan is definitely NOT a great actor! i think his talents as an actor are extremely limited and his success can be attributed to the fact that he knows those limits and stays within them.

it wouldn't be very fair to call him an extraordinarily versatile actor either - one look at his body of work tells you that he hasn't gone through an amazing range of roles. even for films like "Asoka" or "Devdas" where you would've expected the lead actor to really get into the skin of the character and bring out a radically different performance, shahrukh's portrayals just seemed to be scratching the surface. there was not much insight or depth to his acting in those roles. in contrast, with films like "DDLJ" and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and "Kabhi Khushi..." where the characters he plays are good-goody and just require him to charm his way through the role - basically, just being himself, he comes out a winner.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    but for all his shortcomings, he's still an enormous success - and i believe he really does deserve the credit for that. even his worst critics will admit that the guy's got screen presence. you can like him, or you can hate him, but you definitely can't ignore him.
    also, as i said, he fully understands his limitations as an actor - he understands that he's no aamir khan or naseeruddin shah - he realizes that there are certain roles he just can't do, so he doesn't even try.

also, everything he does within the "mainstream" - roles like "Main Hoon Na", "Kal Ho Na Ho", and of course, old favourites like "Dilwale...", "Dil to Pagal Hai" etc. are instantly lapped up by audiences. on the other hand, the ones where he makes an honest attempt to be different, like "Dil Se..", "Asoka", "Josh" are summarily rejected. i guess this just reinforces his faith that he has a loyal audience who like him best when he sticks to his usual image. so he does.

all in all, shah rukh khan can be called an INTELLIGENT actor - a SMART actor, definitely. a DIRECTOR'S actor, maybe - because even people like mani ratnam have said that it's a pleasure to direct him. a LIKEABLE actor, yes - for evergreen roles like "Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa"

but a GREAT actor ???? nope, don't think so.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    ramsri, you are absolutely right. swadesh was a different film and sharukh gave one of his finest performance. still it didnt work at the box office. so it is not his fault if he believes that people want to see him only in colourful formula films. i personally think that his best performance was in bazigar.
    thinking about her is always a nostalgic feeling. i dont know why, but it happens to me.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not really a Shah Rukh fan, but I just saw Veer Zaarha. EExcellent Movie!!!! Maybe not for SRK, but just EXCELLENT!!!!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    I'm not really a Shah Rukh fan, but I just saw Veer Zaarha. EExcellent Movie!!!! Maybe not for SRK, but just EXCELLENT!!!!
    I didnt like Veer Zaara. The story has no naturality. There two much scripter intervension to achieve the final climax. SRK was below average in it.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shahrukh was great in Kabhi haan Kabhi Naa. Very underrated performance, great music Jatin Lalit and ofcourse great direction by kundan shah. I also loved in Shah Rukh in Fauji/Circus TV days.

Post DDLJ (which was good) he was continuously slotted in soft romantic/Family dramas.They got worse KKHH KBKG KHNH MHN .

Not a great actor like Aamir but a superstar with a great screen presence.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast