Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilavenil
    I think gnanasampandhar and appar were in the forefront against Jainism.Appar was sometime a Jain before he reconverted back to Hinduism.Due to this,till his end,he had a feeling that he was impure because he abandoned Lord Shiva for sometime(when he was a Jain).By Manickavasagar's time,probably Jainism was already waning and it was no longer a threat to Hinduism.Once the Cholas became powerful,they defeated the kalabrar kings(Jain kings of Karnataka) and hinduism became powerful again in TN.

Post Thanks / Like
    some questions
    ================

Why is thiruganansampandhar known as "AludaiPillai"?
    Did Sundarar/any other nayanmar also debate and defeat Jains?
    What about allwars?did they participate in debates against Jains/Shaivites?Does Nalayira Divya prabandham consist of any such information on debates?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sundarar did make a few mentions here and there of the Jains (samanar or amanar).

¿Á½¿ó¾¢Ôí ¸ÕÁÅ£ÃÛó
    ¾ÕÁ§ºÉÛ ¦ÁýÈ¢Å÷
    ÌÁ½Á¡Á¨Äì ÌýÚ§À¡É¢ýÚ
    ¾í¸ûܨȦ¡ý È¢ýÈ¢§Â
    »Á½»¡»½ »¡½§»¡½¦Áý
    §È¡¾¢Â¡¨ÃÔ ¿¡½¢Ä¡
    «Á½Ã¡
    üÀÆ¢ô Ò¨¼Â§Ã¡¿Áì
    ¸Ê¸Ç¡¸¢Â «Ê¸§Ç.

Here, he ridicules the chants of the Jains as 'njamaNa njAnjaNa njANa njONa....' The Jains chanted Sanskrit or someting else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    Please clarify my other questions too.

As I said earlier, we should only follow teachings of these philosophers which are good.We can ignore saying which do not suit our times.

India is now a secular country where people of all religions like hindus,jains,buddhists,christians,muslims,sikhs,pa rsis,jews can follow their religion.No one has any right to make fun of other people's religions or their beliefs.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

GNANASAMPANTHAR

Dear Vigipop,

"I refer to your asking about Thendir Karpazhikka-" as per A.S.Gnanasampandthan, highly regarded scholar, here it is "Thendir " and the reference is to their Educatiion Kalvinilai and raping. This has been explained many a times, Devakala and Deivanayagam, both anit Tamils, see my posting ibn Kural or I sugest a separate forum for that .

And killing of 8000- is another myth, we see names like Sahasranamam, Kodiarchanai, Latcharchanai etc., ; if in a village a big Prayer Yagna held and the places were called "ChathurVethi Mangalam" in same way Ennayiram gramam- and few Samana Scholars whom Sambandaar defeated from a village named that actally killed themselves, but the things are wrongly interpreted.

If you can invite Devakala or Alexander Harris we can discuss on Christianity also.
    MosesMohammedSolomon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Solomon
    Can you explain the "karpazhipu" in simpler english.I really want to know the true meaning.I'm finding it difficult to understand your english.

If the meaning is different,then we can be proud that great philosophers like gnanasampandhar are really Godly and it is we ordinary folks who misinterpret things.Is A.S.Gnanasampandthan, the person who comes in pattimanram's in Jaya TV?I heard he is a respected professor.

I do not agree with Alexander Harris/Deivanayagam etc when they say that all hindu religious works like devaram,divya prabandam was about Christ.I expect them to be secular and not cause hard feeling among people of my religion.I'll also respect their decision to follow their religion and will not condone anything which hurts their religios beliefs.simply put,i'll respect their religion and i expect them to respect mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sir Viggops.

I thought you were asking about Saint Sambander use of the word 'karpazhippu' on the Jains. He did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    I know gnanasampandhar did use the word "karpazhipu".I want to know in what sense he used the word? was that to spread hate on other religious people? or that word has some other meaning? Gnanasampandhar is someone on whom there are lot of stories that Lord Shiva/Goddess Parvathi helped him etc.Will such a person use words which ask for genocide on people who just have a different point of view? if the answer is yes,then as a Hindu,i'll feel bad about it.I do not like people getting angry because someone has a different point of view.

Also,
    (1)Why is gnanasampandhar known as "aludaipillai"?
    (2)What about allwars?did they participate in debates against Jains/Shaivites?Does Nalayira Divya prabandham consist of any such information on debates?

Please answer these questions when you have time.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

GNANASAMPANTHANAR-THEVARAM

The context in which The word used by Gnanasampanthanar was to cutoff the wrong education of Samanar.
    Thendir Karpazhikka- Thendir Kalvinilai.
    If a man has a name Sahasranamam- it means AyiramPeyar.

When Yagnas were conducted with lot of Devots and Kodiarchanai or Laksha or Kodi Vedic chanting done, the name of the area was called like ChathurVedimangalam etc., Again Ennaiyiram might be a name of Gramam, where a Prayer with 8000 Vedic Scholars did Chanting.

We do not have to go by how misinterpreters view it.
    MosesMohammedSolomon

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast