Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Karnataka Recipes!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shreya23
    hi red pepper
    thanks for having located the recipe.
    btw wanted to ask you this ,how long can we conserve the bittergourd pickle?and should we keep it in the fridge?bye
    shreya
    I don't make big quantity of bittergourd pickle. Normally I use 6 to 10 bittergourds. My husband loves this so he will finish it in less than two weeks. He will eat it just like a side dish. So I never had a chance to experiment with keeping it longer. But I think if you crisp fry the gourds or sun dry (until water content is evaporated) before making the pickle it will last longer. Keep in the refrigerator.
    That pickle I have in the blog is made with 6 bittergourds. I didn't even refrigerate it. It was on the dining table aand my husband finished it in 4 days!!
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That pickle I have in the blog is made with 6 bittergourds.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe,RP.Am gonna try it.
    Sailaja
    Indian Food & Andhra Recipes -
    Sailu's Kitchen
    Healthy Recipes for Kids -
    Kids Zone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sailu,

Ur kadai paneer looks very appetising... Will try it soon... BTW, how many tomatoes approx makes 1 cup(i believe this is the standard cup measure ie,225ml) of tomato puree?...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ur kadai paneer looks very appetising... Will try it soon... BTW, how many tomatoes approx makes 1 cup(i believe this is the standard cup measure ie,225ml) of tomato puree?
    I guess it depends on the size of the tomatoes you use,Dev..
    The kadai paneer which I prepared the recipe called for approx 3 medium size tomatoes ..thoda idhar udhar..no probs....
    Sailaja
    Sailu's Kitchen
    Kids Zone

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All

I am desperately looking for some udupi brahmin here who can give me recipe for thier huli/ sambar which is made in their household traditionally like the one which is served in the udupi srikrishna temple ..no onions / tomato please ...just the authentic sambar...i hope to find it here as it started as a karnataka thread.
    slllllurrrrrrrrp !

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

khara biscuits

dear CI
    i am a banglorean and miss the food there like crazy!! i am very fond of baking and i bake quite often...
    i was impressed to see so many great recipes under one thread! i was wondering how to make khara biscuits like in bangalore bakeries.
    how is your little girl doing?

thanks.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made the traditional Karnataka dish 'Ragi Roti' today.Of course my recipe did not go the authentic way ..have included some grated carrots and mashed green peas to make my toddler eat his veggies..
    I am going to try out the akki roti next week.
    Sailaja
    Sailu's Kitchen
    Kids Zone

Post Thanks / Like

recipe for akhi toti (with coconut)

Quote Originally Posted by shreya23
    hi
    can anyone pls give me the recipe for akki roti , the one which has grated coconut etc & is cooked with a hole in the middle?
    shreya
    hi
    herez the recipe
    To 1 cup rice flour, add 1/2-1/3 cup of grated coconut, 4 tbsp oil, 1/2 cup chopped onions., some coriander leaves chopped (lots), green chillies chopped, salt to taste. mix it to form a dough. The dough should not be as firm as chapathy dough. It should be a little more wet. Let it rest for a few min(optional). Take out a huge ball and flatten it out on a non-heated tawa .. (even a non-stick pan is pretty good, as it is easy to cool before u make yr next roti). Make a hole in the centre. Heat the tawa, slowly add oil(best would be peanut oil), Once the oil starts sizzling, close and cook till the bottom part is crisp. Turn it over and cook on the other side till done... Serve with coconut-coriander chutney... My husband likes it with malai kofta! a funny combination

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi kittymitti,

Thanks for the recipe.

I love to make akki roti and my whole family loves it. One more variation is to add "avare bele" (instead of onions) It takes really yummy!

However I have a prob. Everytime I make one roti, I need to swtich off my tava, let it cool down, to try the next one. I tried flattening it on plastic covers, it does not work out. Hence I try it directly on non-heated tawa. Is there any other option?

akki roti with malaai kofta cool.

We eat it with chutney or curd

Post Thanks / Like

akhi roti

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    hi kittymitti,
    Oh yeah.. I have eaten it with aravaka.. As u say, it tastes awesome!
    It is very esay to make the rotis on non-stick pans (flat) because they cool in minutes...Before u make the next roti, just cool it in running tap water and the temp drops down. However, it is hard to get this temp drop in the regular iron dosa griddle...
    thnaks and have a great time!

I want a recipe for kodubale..Can u please post it.. I have tried several reciped but none have really worked...

Thanks for the recipe.

I love to make akki roti and my whole family loves it. One more variation is to add "avare bele" (instead of onions) It takes really yummy!

However I have a prob. Everytime I make one roti, I need to swtich off my tava, let it cool down, to try the next one. I tried flattening it on plastic covers, it does not work out. Hence I try it directly on non-heated tawa. Is there any other option?

akki roti with malaai kofta cool.

We eat it with chutney or curd

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast