Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: P.U.Chinnappa

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senthil (@ 140.*) on: Sat Jun 26 13:33:20 EDT 1999

How many films has Chinnappa acted? What were his successful dramas? Anything on his personal life?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

bb (@ ineh*) on: Mon Jun 28 14:28:14 EDT 1999

i think sathiya keerthi should answer this

Post Thanks / Like

SK (@ pano*) on: Mon Jun 28 21:37:53 EDT 1999

bb:

ayyayyO, ennai ippadi maatti vittutteengaLE!
    Counting the movies mentioned in the PUC article
    in PPP, my guess is that PUC acted in about
    25 movies.

Post Thanks / Like

Kishore Krishna (@ unkn*) on: Sun Jul 4 21:08:55 EDT 1999

RPG/HMV released a tape each of PUC (Ringing Voice of PUC) and SGK songs (Immortal melodies). The PUC tape contains several of the songs discussed in this thread (paarthaal pasitheerum, chandrothayam etc). I found a best of PUC tape as well (pirated) with songs from Sudarshan, a musical discourse (krishna bhakthi?), mOhanaanga vathani unaiye kaanum baakyam varumO,etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Surveswaran (@ 140.*) on: Mon Jul 5 11:20:07 EDT 1999

Kishore Krishana

Do you have the song Nandu Sirpi from kannagi? And some songs from Uthamaputhiran? I am interested to listen to those songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Kishore Krishna (@ unkn*) on: Sat Jul 10 19:50:02 EDT 1999

Sureswaran: The only song I can identify as from either of those movies is chandrothayam ithile which is in the HMV (songs from sudarshan, krishna bhakti, kubera kuchela, mangaiyarkkarasi, jagathalaprathapan, kannagi) tape. The pirated tape does not identify movies- it does not have anything close to 'nandu sirpi.' The songs are: kathal kanirasame, keligal seithidavaa,namakkini bayamethu, kanna paramatma, chanthrothayam ithile, dhamodara, musical discourse, yaarukku venduvathu, mohanaanga vathani, saarasam vaseekara kangal, ellorum nallavare, maharaajargale, nadai alankaaram kanden. 70% of these songs are in the HMV tape - the others are paarthaal pasitheerum, selvame suhajeevaatharaam, enna seithaai, and unakken veenkavalai. A separate noisy tape made by Latha Musicals (in tamilnadu) of which I have a copy has kaasinaathaa gangaadhara, kelikkaigal seivaal, venpuraave, namasthe namasthe, ithuve punniya boomi, ennum ezhuthum, yaarukku venduvathinge, antharangam athuve, kannile vilayaiyaadum, thiruchenkaattaan_kudiyile.

Post Thanks / Like

raju (@ pccr*) on: Tue Jul 13 11:07:26 EDT 1999

i bought p.u.c's greatest hits as a curious item ( i like to explore in music) and fell in love with the song 'sarasam, vaseekara kangal'. was this song a hit. i even sing it in my sleep. what are the lyrics and what's it all about?any body seen the film?did he and m.k.t really have that long hair/was it in fashion then?
    sarasam. vasee...oh! there i go again....

Post Thanks / Like

Siddharthan (@ 140.*) on: Sun Jul 18 12:23:00 EDT 1999

Raju:

Yes PUC's songs are very catchy especially because of his voice. Yes I too long to see the film, but unfortunately, many of PUC's films have been lost. There are lots of Songs of PUC that you can enjoy. MKT, PUC and all stars of the 30s' and 40's had the same long hair hairstyle. It was considered modern when it was usual for people to have "Kudumi" (pigtail). You must listen to "Namasthe Namasthe" from Vanasundari also a very nice song like Sarasam.

Post Thanks / Like

Sugumar (@ 153.*) on: Fri Apr 12 04:02:17 EDT 2002

i'm looking for movies of mk thyagaraja bhagavathar and pu chinnappa, not available in singapore, can someone from india help me, and send me a clear copy, i'll pay fro the tape and also the postage fees, thank you, - sugu_king@yahoo.com.sg

Post Thanks / Like

dilip (@ 203.*) on: Fri Mar 28 05:26:59 EST 2003

PUC greatest actor and ttalented artist. Ratnakumar, Mangaiyarkarasi songs are memorable. I have only four of his movies.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast