View Poll Results: HAS THE ALL-CONQUERING, "WORLD-CLASS", GEN-X INDIAN GIRL ARRIVED?!!

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sania is indeed a Paradigm Shift towards the GEN-X Indian Girl

6 40.00%
  • Sania-Mania would last for some time and then she may even fizzle out

3 20.00%
  • Sania-who?!!

6 40.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sania Mirza! Is she the Paradigm Shift in Gen-X Indian girl?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sania Mirza! Is she the Paradigm Shift in Gen-X Indian girl?

This hyderabadi gal is absolutely Breath-taking and Mind-boggling!

* First Indian woman to beat the winner of a Grand Slam event.( she beat current US open champion, Svetlana - in the Dubai WTA tourney's league match)

* First Indian woman to win a WTA event.

* First Indian woman to beat a top-10 player

* First Indian woman to break into the top 100 ranks of WTA

Sania's Ascent in World tennis scenario has been dramatic and truly magnificent!

After her league match with Serena williams in the Australian open - she then won a WTA tournament in Hyderabad, which is the First-ever WTA title victory for an Indian women EVER!!

Sania Mirza had literally stormed into the top 100 of the women's world rankings with that WTA title, securing the Rank 97.

In Dubai she beat No 4 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova who is also the current US open champion and moved to play in the Quarter-Finals where she lost to Serbian Jelena Jankovic .

The Sania-Mania as it is described by the media is truly electric and very much evident. The Tennis racket sales in major metros shot up by 50% after she won the WTA open earlier in hyderabad in Feb of this year.

Sania may be the ultimate role-model for teenage India girls as she is all of 18 now!

Finally the ALL-CONQUERING, "WORLD-CLASS" GEN-X INDIAN GIRL HAS ARRIVED???!!!

What do you girls/women think of Sania-phenomenon out there?!

Sania mirza zindabad!!

P.S : Hey guys! She's damn cute too!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good one Geno,atleast a million times better than the cuuute Parthiv thread.While her achievements may not be huge,she represents the new Indian who dare to enter fields unexplored so far.Her run will certainly inspire many others who are out there.It was the achievements of Vishwanathan Anand that made chess popular in India.I can confidently say that we are moving towards a multy-sport culture.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    blahblah!!

Hi how have you been?!!

While her achievements may not be huge,she represents the new Indian who dare to enter fields unexplored so far.Her run will certainly inspire many others who are out there
    Absolutely! I think she has already made lots of teens star-struck and dream big and go places!

Amidst all odds the Indian "Super-woman" has truly arrived is what i'd describe Sania's achievements!

See ya soon blah2!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geno
    blahblah!!

Hi how have you been?!!

See ya soon blah2!
    Great Geno,one Northie laundry boy has been keeping me busy!I haven't seen you here for sometime and you are one hubber whom I miss when you are not around .

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno,
    idhey thaan Nirupama pathi sonnaanga when she reached #123 in 1998
    Why, Niru, Rohit Rajpal was Asian #1 for couple of years. He didnt even play 5 DC matches. Wait and watch for Sania - women's tennis is famous for comets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Walrus!

But Nirupama or Rohit didnt get into the top 100 of the exclusive world tennis circuit did they?!

Nor could they have beaten any Grand slam winner in a tournament no?!

Sania is at the 77th rank of WTA now after her QF entry at the Dubai tournament

I saw her match against Serena williams at the australian open gosh! she got guts man!

I "want to" believe and hope that she will try and break into say "Top 25" from her current 77th rank in the WTA!

Anyways - we cant discount your view altogether - wait and watch may be a good proposition - but i started this thread coz unlike any other Tennins player b4 - Sania's got the nation going with her maan!

i donno if u saw her QF match - but the dubai indian crowd simply were acting like she's on the final of the wimbledon about to win!!!!

so much so that Jelena Jankovic, who ended up beating Sania, told at the post-match interview, that she won "inspite" of the huge crowd rooting for Sania, and then she looked at the crowd and said - atleast after now, please support me in my next match(es) here!!

Sania could do a 'Sachin' in Indian Tennis history, if i go by the initial euphoria she has created!

And she already got her first Endorsement contracts!! and the Cricket guys like Sachin, Ganguly have already mouthed some soundbytes like - we should support such a young bright talent! (thanks to Azharuddin who hails from Hyderabad too i suppose!)

I think she would push for the Top 30; she has already talked about hiring a travelling coach and stuff and who knows may be Vijay amirtraj and other guys may help her out - in preparing for matches in the International arena.

Shes got oodles of cool attitude, and shes pretty gutsy, and ambitious! thats a good combo - and i pray that she atleast gets into the Top 25 - and get all the young things playing Tennis!!!!

The main point is inspiring young gals - and damn she already done that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blahblah!!

one Northie laundry boy has been keeping me busy
    Ah! lemme try and see that there! gimme some time!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi geno,loong time,no see

Sania has done things which no other Indian(man/woman)has ever done in tennis,so she needs to be supported.But I think there is toooooo much media frenzy which may get distracting if the gal does not have her feet on the ground.It's too early to make predictions.Let's give her time&space,she may make a mark on the international scene.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going by the spirit she showed by fighting in spite of her injury, I guess she is a very good international tennis player in the making.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast