View Poll Results: Which is the best song from Chandramukhi?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Devuda Devuda - SP Balasubramaniyam

10 15.87%
  • Konja Neram - Asha Bosle, Madhu Balakrishnan

11 17.46%
  • Athithom - SPB, Vaishali

15 23.81%
  • Kokku para para - Tippu, Manikka Vinayagam, Rajalakshmi S

4 6.35%
  • Ra Ra - Binni Krishnakumar, Tippu

20 31.75%
  • Annanoda Paatu - KK, Karthik, Sujatha

3 4.76%
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandramukhi Audio is released today!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    just heard the songs... pure dissapointmens man!!

http://musicmazaa.com/tamil/aSongsli...mukhi&ref=free

so many songs inspired from IR's 80s songs....very very low standard for a Rajini Movie..
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea...forget to mention....Raa Raa is def a DIRECT LIFT from IR's 80 song... :P:P....and the starting of Konjam Neram,the flute bit reminds me of Ku Ku Kuyilum paadum....hmm...see la..mabby it will appeal to the mass..but for me..pure waste! Deva would have done a splendid job...even Baba is much much better than this!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.Devuda Devuda - Good song ...Sure hit ..Just wait for the movie man !!

2.Konjam Neram - Like a 80s Illayaraaja song .....Like the song by Yesudas in Poon Thota Kavalkaran ( I forgot the song ) ...Ok ...Nice Melody on the first hearing ...

3.ANithom - Nice song thaan,chranama esp amazing ...But i doubt if this will be a hit ....Innum koncham fast airuka venamaa ???

4.Kokku Para Para - Is this the song which is picturised on pattam ? Sure hit in my opinion ,though not a great song ..This song is the dark horse in my opnion ..well go well with the kids ...

5.Raa Raa - Semi classical song in the climax ..ennaku romba doubt a ...SHould be for some crappy situation ....Let us see keep the fingers crossed ...But the song is very good ...a New singer is singing and tippu too ..so should be rajni and prabhu for that ...Female is for jothika ( as advertised) ..The second interlude is intresting ...a marked change ..WHy should it be in telugu ???
    What can be situation ??This is my fav in this movie ,ahead of Koncham neram ...( ANybody who knows telugu can guess what is the meaning ofthis song ?Or is it a keerthana kind ?)

6.Ananoda Paatu - Ok song ,nothing great ..Ketkalam ..

I get a vintage IR feeling in this album - Not agreat album ,but definetely refreshing .....Even if teh movie is average the songs will go to places ...

Somehow i get the feeling that vadivel is goin to steal the show from rajni .....

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far i have listened to all songs xcept the last one still in the middle of the Raa Raa song.

Raa Raa is enjoyable,but the rest of the songs are very subpar.i am very disappointed with this album.THe title songs sucks!!!.that is liek a freeby hit but VS has disappointed.the gilli title song,dhool title song and dhil title song were 100 tiems better then devudu devudu.

the rest of the songs sound old and jaded.nothing special about anything in this album.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Baba songs r better than this movie songs. all songs r crap !!!

All songs sound like they had already been used for Vijay by VS (particularly the song Annanoda sounds like papala papali pazhame song)

The title song is the worst title song Rajini has ever had (even Arunachalam song and Pandiyan film song(ulagathukaga) sound better ((

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Chandramukhi - An average album by all means

Blame it on the hype. But on the first few hearings, i somehow feel VS has letdown Rajini in CM.

Devuda Devuda - SPB saves the day. The lyrics are as usual philosophical/political. But there is nothing grand/new in the tune. Seems to be inspired from Dhool. The "repeatu" is irritating.

3/5

Konja Neram - I call it the "beedi" song. The front benchers need a break. C'mon. Why the heck this song needs Asha Bhonsle? Just to hype it up, i guess. Madhu BK sounds like Yesudass of the 80's. The orchestration in the interludes is decent.

2.5/5

Adhindhom - May be i am the odd one out. But being a IR fan, this songs hooks me up right away. VS has taken this right from IR's books. SPB takes me down the memory lane. The tempo might be on the slow side, but it has some catchy stuff in the charanams.

4/5

Kokku Para Para Kozhi Para

Again i seem to be the odd one. Like this one more than the first 2. The rhythym of this song is cool. Sure to catch up with kids. "Superstaru pattam nam pattam" - Interesting

3.5/5

Raa Raa
    The telugu twist is similar to the tamil twist in Manichitratazh (The original). Guess "Jho" is possessed by a telugu "Aaavi". The tune is very familiar. scratching my head on this. This song might fit the movie, but not for hearing it on a silos. I pass this one.

2.5/5

Annanoda Pattu
    Karthik is wasted in this effort. Man! this song sucks. It looks more of the kuthu songs of the recent years. Again i am not game to this.

This song is for the front benchers, as a compromise to song #2.
    Am curious to see whos goin to dance for this song. P.Vasu should be intelligent enough not make Superstar to dance for this.

1.5/5

On the whole 2.6/5

Rajini has made sure spiritualism runs through the lyrics if not the movie is a spiritual fare like Baba. VS has not given his best shot for this. May be he has run out of gas as he has been churning lotsa songs in the last few years. Looking forward to IR's Mumbai express is all i can say.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    downlaod cd rip from http://tamilstate.com/forum/

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh - Thanks for the link.

Devuda Devuda must be most awful Rajni intro song in last 10 years. A total letdown.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chandramukhi - An average album by all means

Quote Originally Posted by callmeshyam
    Raa Raa
    The tune is very familiar. scratching my head on this.
    In the anu pallavi when the female voice goes praaname needhi ra, it could've triggered off memories of the opening lines in Vizhiyum Vizhiyum from Sathurangam, except sung in higher notes.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raa raa - Beautiful usage of raga surya.. Only IR has used it before (in 'isaiyarasi' - thaai moogaambigai). VS's usage gives a haunting touch (aptly). In Malayalam, 'asaveri' was used which probably inspired VS to pick a rare raga.
    konja neram - could've been a nice song (raga: abhogi) if not for Asha bhonsle. Horrible pronunciation, much worse than Sadhana S.

Apart from these two, nothing much to talk about.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast