Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foolish Concepts of Patriotism

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep

I dont like Pakistan - Am I unpatriotic? Not liking Pakistan is not the same as unwantedly getting involved in riots/processions/bandhs and generally bringing down the economy of our country!
    I am uneducated and have seem all people around me spitting on road and so by nature I spite on road. - Am I unpatriotic?Where is your common sense????Even being uneducated do you spit inside your house??You dont consider the country yours thats why you spit on the roads!!
    Gandhiji said dont pay tax for salt - Was he unpatriotic? When Gandhiji said that we were paying taxes to the Britishers!!!That time there was no OUR country!Is there any logic in your arguement??
    I will not get my license (even if I drive well) unless I bribe the RTO so I bribed - Am I unpatriotic YES!!You are also increasing corruption by giving in to it!What you are is selfish!
    I was made to stand in heat from 8 in the morning to 1 PM till Jayapratha MP can. I was so tried I did stand during Jana Gana Mana - Am I unpatriotic? You should have sat down before the start of our national anthem and stood when it was being sung
    YES Sandeep IN MY OPINION Please note I said In my opinion..any act done which brings down the dignity,raises corruption etc etc of our country is being unpatriotic!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    YES Sandeep IN MY OPINION Please note I said In my opinion
    Hard to counter that

Sad but true by the standards mentioned I am not Patriotic at all because I have crossed yellow lines while driving and even driven without licence.

What makes me SADDER is the fact that it seems I will not be able to become patriotic in near future.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Fire111999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manoj Kumar
    Truly patriotic means following certain principles, which brings pride 8. Most important is do your work sincerely with time punctuality. You not doing your work properly can influence the entire chain of work. You not moving a file from your department can delay or cancel someone else job. Never deprive someone of anything because of your disregard or negligence. It can be any job. When you do your work to your at most ability in the stipulated time, this improves the productively of the country. When the productivity is high, people get work, they earn. Once they earn they also spend… they buy more than their basic needs… to cater their need… more business are opened… this creates more job. Ultimately, there is prosperity of the nation.
    good one!
    ~~~Believe. Just saying - I can do it, can give surprising results. ~~~

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

~~~ Check out the painted hand elephant!~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion Patriotism is
    Not bringing down another country but bringing your country up.
    In other words its not raising slogans against Pakistan
    but
    its not spitting on the roads,
    its not throwing a banana peel on the road,
    its paying taxes,
    its not bribing the traffic constable when you ran a red light,
    its standing in attention when Jana Gana Mana is played,
    its not fighting for some obscure peice of land in Hoganikkal.
    Its all these small small things.
    very true. but sometimes it's really hard to do the small things like these. for eg, it is almost standard procedure to give bribes in certain offices. they even have a certain fixed rate for work to be done in a certain time. it's like tailors who have normal service, express service and urgent service for stitching the same blouse. but with tailors, it is their official fee, with these officers, they make it as close to official sth that is illegal can be. so how do you expect that pple can go around this?

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire111999
    In my opinion Patriotism is
    Not bringing down another country but bringing your country up.
    In other words its not raising slogans against Pakistan
    but
    its not spitting on the roads,
    its not throwing a banana peel on the road,
    its paying taxes,
    its not bribing the traffic constable when you ran a red light,
    its standing in attention when Jana Gana Mana is played,
    its not fighting for some obscure peice of land in Hoganikkal.
    Its all these small small things.
    very true. but sometimes it's really hard to do the small things like these. for eg, it is almost standard procedure to give bribes in certain offices. they even have a certain fixed rate for work to be done in a certain time. it's like tailors who have normal service, express service and urgent service for stitching the same blouse. but with tailors, it is their official fee, with these officers, they make it as close to official sth that is illegal can be. so how do you expect that pple can go around this?
    Dont relate patriotism with standing up for a song that we dont understand or to the law. Do you expect everyone to learn "national anthem language", in addition to the so called "national language", not to mention the "international language" and the local language along with their mother tongue. come on .. be practical.

As for the law, it changes with the government. I dont support bribing, but I cant call that as non patriotic, when we have to bribe. The same, if done by the government is called "service fee" or "convenience charge" and the like.. This is not specific to India, for instance, to get the US visa you pay $3000, wait for upto 90 days. But you can get it in 2 weeks if you pay a $1000 more. What do you call this?

I do have a lot of friends who are cops (both in US and India). In India, they get a bicycle, roam all day around in the hot sun, take directions from good for nothing / uneducated politicians all this for a meagre INR 3000 - 5000, which is half the money to lead a 'normal' life in India. The cops in US, get cars to roam around, have the latest arms and equipments, do not care who you are - they make a minimum of around $3500 - twice the money you need to live luxuriously in the US. Dont say India is a poor country. The Indian cops are definitely pathetic and it becomes worse when they get married. I have seen cops beg for a cup of tea / a cigarette.

There is absolutely no need to overdo our jobs. If we just do our jobs, it is patriotism. We can see all the expected results just by this. Be sincere in whatever you do. Try to understand people like the cops. Have you ever bought, at the least, one cup of tea to a cop standing under the sun for the whole day? Doing things like these show patriotism.
    யாகாவா ராயினு னாகாக்க

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Have you ever bought, at the least, one cup of tea to a cop standing under the sun for the whole day? Doing things like these show patriotism."

Can't help it man

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by manyvan2000
    Dont relate patriotism with standing up for a song that we dont understand or to the law. Do you expect everyone to learn "national anthem language", in addition to the so called "national language", not to mention the "international language" and the local language along with their mother tongue. come on .. be practical.

As for the law, it changes with the government. I dont support bribing, but I cant call that as non patriotic, when we have to bribe. The same, if done by the government is called "service fee" or "convenience charge" and the like.. This is not specific to India, for instance, to get the US visa you pay $3000, wait for upto 90 days. But you can get it in 2 weeks if you pay a $1000 more. What do you call this?

I do have a lot of friends who are cops (both in US and India). In India, they get a bicycle, roam all day around in the hot sun, take directions from good for nothing / uneducated politicians all this for a meagre INR 3000 - 5000, which is half the money to lead a 'normal' life in India. The cops in US, get cars to roam around, have the latest arms and equipments, do not care who you are - they make a minimum of around $3500 - twice the money you need to live luxuriously in the US. Dont say India is a poor country. The Indian cops are definitely pathetic and it becomes worse when they get married. I have seen cops beg for a cup of tea / a cigarette.

There is absolutely no need to overdo our jobs. If we just do our jobs, it is patriotism. We can see all the expected results just by this. Be sincere in whatever you do. Try to understand people like the cops. Have you ever bought, at the least, one cup of tea to a cop standing under the sun for the whole day? Doing things like these show patriotism.
    do u see that if the fees were official, it's be the same as paying taxes. but since it's not official, it's going into the pockets of the officials not to the country!

i agree with you that india should pay itself officers, and other employees a hgiher salary.

and i agree with you that just doing your job properly is patriotism.

~~~ God is a girl ~~~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234