Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foolish Concepts of Patriotism

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Foolish Concepts of Patriotism

Hi!

Patriotism itself is related to certain geographical area. The foolish patriot loves the geographical region and the rivers, mountains, seas etc. of that particular area but he does not love the people in that region. He hates people of his own nation who do not belong to his religion, sect, language, caste and class. He always hates other countries, and most of time he wish there should be a war and his country should teach a lesson to the other countries. The funny thing is that he or no one from his family never wishes to join military. For him, exhibiting flags, shouting slogans, singing patriotic songs is the right way of patriotism.

Some of my friends think that I do not love India, because I do not see cricket match, even if it is between India and Pakistan. I have also heard if someone appreciates the play of Pakistanis, such patriots become angry.

What do you think about the right way of patriotism?

Mahavir Chavan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foolish Concepts of Patriotism

Quote Originally Posted by mahavirchavan
    What do you think about the right way of patriotism?
    If you want my answer in one sentence,it is 'paying your taxes'.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BlahBlah,

How true it is !! Wish all those tax evaders see this reply!

Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Global mindset has somehow become a fashion today.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriotism is helping to keep your country clean!!

Not just admire the habits of others in more advanced countries, while you throw out everything from your window and expect somebody else to clean up after you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said, Niro.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foolish Concepts of Patriotism

Quote Originally Posted by blahblah

If you want my answer in one sentence,it is 'paying your taxes'.
    True !! as long as the taxes paid are utilized for the well being of the country and its people. But does it happen in our countries??

To me patriotism means "eliminating corruption". It's a collective responsibility of every individual.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriotism has always been a selfish feeling.It is just a tonic to unleash the inner maniac. It is mostly associated with violence.Beyond a point,it is the subjective perception that matters.When some body tries to attack you ,one-on-one , you try to block it calling defense mechanism.Assume, you multiply this defense mechanism by thousand and the goverenment consent in killing ( not murdering) the "ENEMY" is not punishable by law,there you have the definition for patriotism.I want to call the synonym for patriotism is self-will.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have put it very well Raghavan!! For me, patriotism is simply the love of the land, you live in. It has nothing to do with loyalty or blind adulation for the favoured politicians, who are here today but gone tomorrow!

But the land and the love you have for it is enduring. That's what we ought to teach the children, that they stand to inherit the good and the bad of people's deeds.

Post Thanks / Like
    One way to be patriotic is to push the government to go after corrupt politicians. Corruption is the only thing that is keeping India down. India is a sleeping giant and the corrupt politicians are stopping India from waking up and becoming a superpower. Seriously, if corrupt politicians were out of the government for the most part, more moeny would be spent on infrastructure and the poor and we would develop even more quickly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast