Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: SUN TV & Other Recipe Collections

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    I made “Channa masala” yesterday and it turned out pretty good.It especially appealed to my husband since he liked the aroma of the spices used.This is a great recipe.Thanx.

GVB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for trying and happy to know that yr family loved it. Keep experimenting more..

Rgds.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R:

Made tomato dosa and it wasnt red as I thought it would but the taste was good.I added 2 red ripe and healthy tomatoes for a cup of rice.

Also tried morkuzhambu with your inputs of adding half a tomato and mustard seeds. It was a different taste.

thanks

Seetha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seetha,

It was a while ago since I prepared tomato dosa; so dont remember the rice qty except for 5 tomatoes in nos. I used, in the place of 10.

Though the color is not like blood red, but it was like reddish orange(could be, becoz of cooking on the tava) color; that I am so sure and remember very well.

FYI, prepared yesterday godhumai rava mixed with pudhina dosa and the color was not completely green since the other ingredients will also influence their color, guess.

thanks for trying, anyways..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R for your inputs!! Looks like you keep experimenting always!!

Seetha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends,

Here is a recipe which is very famous and popular in Andhra region becoz of the excellent taste. One of my friend, who is from Hyderabad-she prepared this around 8 yrs back and I tried this at my home 3 yrs back for some guests. Unexpectedly, they are from Andhra too and we all felt very happy that we chose the right menu.

Since it is rich in fat content, you should be making this once in a while only!! The name is Double ka meeta and when I prepared at home, made some variations; so will differ from the authentic one, pls dont mind..

Double ka meeta:

White bread half of the loaf
    Milk 5 cups
    sugar 2 to 3 cups
    ghee to fry
    Cashew, raisins and badham each 1/4 cup
    saffron 4 to 5 strings
    cardamom powder 1 tsp

Cut each bread slices into two or four pieces and remove the crusts before you start cutting. Fry them in ghee till golden brown or otherwise, the bread will be get soggy when it is soaked in milk. Similarly, blanch almond and fry all the nuts and raisins in ghee. Keep aside.

Mix sugar with 2 cups of water and boil it for 15 mts. Add the powdered cardamom and the saffron dissolved in milk to the same.

Meanwhile, boil milk until it is thickened or atleast, one fourth of the qty should be reduced for the obvious reason.

Take a wide mouthed vessel, pour the boiled milk some and arrange the fried bread pieces on it; sprinkle the chopped nuts on them.

Pour the sugar syrup and the remaining milk alternatively over the bread pieces while they are still hot. You can even add the cut nuts now on the top. Either way, it will be good.

Refrigerate overnight and serve yr guests just after finishing yr lunch or dinner. No doubt, you will get lots of applauses and compliments from yr dear folks or friends.

Some points:

I was told by my friend that the original recipe has full cream milk(!), but made it with the full fat regular milk and the taste was so irresistible. You can add as much nuts as you want.

If you give atleast 5 to 6 hrs soaking time, then you will realize the taste. While serving, put 2 to 3 pieces of bread and the milk on it and around.

If you feel the sweetness is not enough, can prepare more syrup and pour it on the bread. So, keep a cup of boiled milk separately and check after 1 hr whether the sweet is enough or not. If everything is fine, mix the cup of milk with the bread mixture finally.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey R,
    This recipe looks mouthwatering. But have u heard of a recipe 'SHAHI TUKRE'? Its similar to this and its very very popular in the north. and it was first made during moghuls time when the chef ran out of everything expect bread and milk!!!!
    well,also traditional euroupian breadpudding is similar to this,and they make lots of variations of the same like
    caramel bread pudding
    banana nut bread pudding
    chocolate bread pudding and so on and on..
    Thus thought of sharing this information with all of u.
    Keep up ur good work!
    Bhargavi.Raj

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, of course, have heard about Shahi tukre though have not tried personally;also, came to know that double ka meeta is a one popular sweet to be served in muslim marriages.

Agree with you that most of the sweets are related to each other. Like you said, you can call bread pudding and similarly, payasam, payash or kheer, poli, puran poli, kesari, sooji halwa etc. (we can keep on going)-basic methods are same except for a few variations!!

thanks for sharing..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    R,
    Yes .When u said Puran Poli,It reminded me,have did u know about Dry fruit Puran Poli? My MIL makes it and its during some occasions they make. It is just heaven on a plate.
    Bhargavi.Raj

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bhargavi:
    When are you posting the dry fruit poli recipe???

Seetha

Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast