Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: SUN TV & Other Recipe Collections

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello kavitha,

What I meant was to cover the vanali with a bigger plate for the first 2 secs to make sure that the seedai does not explode. After that, remove the plate. Did not mean to close throughout the process!!

If you are still not satisfied, you dont have to close the vanali. Instead, clean the ellu thoroughly and sieve the flour. Becoz for a cup of flour, hardly, we take 1/2 sp of ellu; hence, it is easy for you to clean everything.

Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u for the recipe,R..I will try it real soon..I have the poornam recipes of Mrs.Mano..If urs is different please do post it..Can u also tell me how to make urad kozhukattai?

Also,i shud stir the rice flour in the boiling water after its taken off the stove?

Regarding seedai please do take ur time..No hurry..Iam wondering if u add jeera do u remove its tails?What does cleaning the ellu means?

Last question,please bear with me..Wat is karamani in english or hindi?And ellu is sesame right?Which one i shud get ?Black or white?For making the ellu podi also..

Thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    No need to remove the tails of jeera. Cleaning means removing the stone or any dirt from jeera or ellu which is the reason for exploding.

Since I dont see black ellu(yes, it is sesame), use white ellu. Anything shd be fine, guess.

Urad kozhukattai is to grind red chillies, green chillies(each 1), urad 3 tbsp, salt coarsely. Squeeze lemon juice on the paste and do seasoning with oil, if you want.

Chowly/lobia is the hindi name & black eyed beans is the english name for kaaramani.

For kozhukattai, yes, you have to stir the flour after switching off the stove; then only, you will get the kneaded ball dough.

To differentiate between the pooranams, you can make round shape with dal poornam, boat shape for ellu & urad pooranam and finally, our usual (nose shaped) coconut pooranam.

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R for clarifying my doubts. Will try seedai soon and let you know. I have seedai recipe from arusuvai.com

Tried ellu podi from the above site and it tasted good.
    Never argue with a fool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for replying R.Yes i remember boat shaped kozhukkatai and nose kozhukattai..That was a good idea to differentate..U haven't told me whether ur poornam ingredients are the same as Mrs.Mano..
    When i asked for chowly in the grocery shop today they seemed confused..Next time i will try with "Black eyed beans"..I also got Sphagetti today to make ur Pasta dishes..

Abt Urad kozhukattai wat to do with the paste?The quantity seems so small..Its called uppu kozhukattai right?and i remember it will be big and rough fa kaila pidicha mari irukum(Upma color).Is that the one u are talking about?Please clarify me..

Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, gvb..saw Mrs.Mano's recipes and the poornam recipes are same. In fact, tried only one time her dough method and it came out nicely too.

Definitely, if you ask the grocery shop for black eyed beans, they might not be aware becoz they know hindi very well than English and it is quite a common word. Even, in the cover it says the same or ask for LOBIA. You can look where you find channa, peas etc.

My paati use to make kaara kozhukattai on vinayaka chathurthi. But, by the time we are done with these varieties, would be so exhausted. One more kozhukattai called pidi kozhukattai; but, the procedure is little lengthy since have to take rice rava from the rice etc.

Abt. urad kozhukattai, sorry..did not write clearly since I was in a hurry to take my son to the class. Here it is-

Urad poornam(salt kozhukattai):

Take half a cup of urad dal and soak for an hr. in water. Drain the water and grind with 1 no. of green and red chillies, salt and hing coarsely. Steam them on the idly plates for 5 mts. Once cold, separate them; season in oil with mustard, grated coconut and curry leaves. Mix well and squeeze lemon juice.

Now, take 1 spoon or so to stuff in the kozhukattai dough which is more than enough. though the qty looks like very less, we cant take like other sweets. So, the said qty is enough becoz I see my family concentrates more on all three kozhukattais than the urad one!!

Yes, the color will be same and udhir udhira irukkum. YOu cant hold it in yr hand, just have to take in the spoon only.

Post Thanks / Like
    will post uppu seedai today for sure..gvb..

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the list for everyone's easy reference.

PAGE 1

• Naanu paati thalagam
      tirunelveli sambar
      paruppu puli kuzhambu
      paruppu urundai kuzhambu
      curry leaves puli kuzhambu
      mango puli kuzhambu

PAGE 2
    • Masala kuzhambu
      Black channa vada
      aloo tikki
      Instant dhokla
      Tava fried idly
      Mixed vegetable pakoda
      Mint paneer tikka
      paneer kofta

PAGE 3

• gughni
      baby corn in coconut milk
      paneer butter masala
      karnataka okra curry

PAGE 4

• mango payasam
      pumpkin halwa
      kaaramani sweet pongal
      apple badham halwa
      red pumpkin chutney
      sesame sambal
      ginger sambal
      coriander chutney
      ellu milagai podi
      poondu milagai podi
      chutney podi

PAGE 5

• curd upma

PAGE 7

• cabbage thuvayal
      gatta rice
      sweet & sour cabbage
      bread dosa
      kadai panner
      1-2-3 uttappam
      bottlegourd mint raitha
      red tomato apple chutney
      kaara vada paniyaram
      andhra potato curry

PAGE 9

• Milagai bajji

PAGE 11

• sprouted moong parata
      baingan kurma
      mullangi kootu

PAGE 12

• mysore pak
      angaya podi

PAGE 13

• neem flower rasam
      bread masala
      soya macaroni delight

PAGE 14

• kalasamelara kuzhambu(kootu)
      kamalbogh

PAGE 15

• curry powder
      orulaikizhangu powder
      potato rice
      masala mochai
      stuffed baked potato
      mochai sundal
      mochai rasam
      vaal ki usal

PAGE 16

• mango burfi
      sweet mango rice
      vitamin chutney
      pappaya olan
      kadai pappaya

PAGE 17

• Dough for kozhukattai

PAGE 18

• Salt kozhukattai(urad poornam)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R ,
    Thanx for giving such a detailed reply..I remember seeing "Lobia" i think..will check it out next time..I think Pidi kozhukattai was the one i talked about..Got it confused with uppu...Kara kozhukattai is that small balls made with rice flour and chilli powder right?I love them..
    Do i have to grind the uraddhal with little water or no water?Am sorry for asking the most basic of questions its just that i want to get it right..

That was a great job giving all the recipes posted so far with page numbers..U have been very helpful and i thank you for that..

Looking forward to ur seedai recipe..I will try it b4 this weekend..Please do take ur time..

GVB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R
    Made "mullangi Kootu" and it came out v.good...Full of flavor..Got a big thumbs-up from my Husband..Thanx

GVB

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast