Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: SUN TV & Other Recipe Collections

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much R, for posting the recipe of Palak Pasta ! I tried with noodles only . Tasted wonderful and very good change from usual vegs. & readymade sauces. Good idea of mixing greens with pasta -- very nutritious.
    Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to read yr mgs, Indu & gvb..

Indu, will post here that mango burfi recipe and also sweet mango fruit rice(tested one) later this day.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Indu,

Here is the recipe for tested mango sweet rice:

Rice 4 cups
    ripe mango or mango pulp 4 or 5
    ghee 5 sp
    cashew 2 sp, raisins 2 sp.
    sugar 2 cups
    cardamom 1/2 sp.

Mash mango well in mixie and extract the pulp without that fiber. Measure it and if it is 2 cups, then dont have to add any water.

Meanwhile, fry nuts and raisins in ghee. Keep aside. In the remaining ghee, add rice, fry for a couple of mts and add sugar, mango pulp. Pressure cook like our usual rice. finally, add cardamom powder.

Some points to note:

If the mango is really sweet, can reduce the amt of sugar; so, add half of the sugar while cooking and after cooking is done, taste and then, add more if you want.

If you want it to be very soft, like sarkarai pongal, cook the rice separately; mash, then add the mango pulp, sugar etc. and proceed as usual.

Either way, the taste will be quite decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mango burfi:

Big mango fruit 2
    milk 8 cups or sugar less koa 350 g
    sugar 8 cups
    cashews 10
    saffron
    ghee 4 tsp

Prepare koa from the milk or buy readily available koa from the shop. Cut cashew into pieces and fry in ghee.

Peel the skin of mango and take the extract. In a wide vanali, pour the pulp and stir till it is thick.

Prepare sugar syrup with the sugar and 2 cups of water for a thread consistency. Once it is reached, add koa, stirred mango paste mix well. When it is like semi solid paste, add the saffron mixed with a tsp of milk, cashews and stir more. When it is fully thick, pour into the greased plate arrange the level. Once cold, put slices.
    -------------------------------

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    Made Mochai rasam today minus the mochai and it came out very good..Thanx for the recipe..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Here I am sharing you three recipes which made recently and also loved by my family. I am just digging out all the files which I copied from old old(2 or 3 yrs back) articles/books.

Yesterday, made this chutney and really got inspired.

Vitamin chutney:

Coconut 1
    tomato riped 4
    garlic flakes 5 to 6 flakes
    onion 3
    curry leaves 4 sprigs
    coriander leaves 1 bundle
    ginger 1 small bit
    green chillies 4
    red chillies4
    roasted gram 1/2 cup
    carrot 1 full grated
    salt, oil

Heat oil, add onion, garlic, chillies saute well till the color changes. Now, put leaves, ginger, carrot and fry more till it is soft. Add tomato, haldi stir well.

Grind the above all with coconut, roasted gram and salt.

Season in oil with mustard, urad dal and little cut mint leaves.

On seeing the ingredients list, pls dont get shocked or ignore. Definitely it is a change from our regular onion or tomato chutney.

For sour taste, I added tamarind; can even squeeze lemon juice.

I did not have coriander leaves; still, did not find any difference.

Those who have cholesterol problems, they can add 3 to 4 tbsp of coconut(just for flavor) which is sufficient. Yesterday, I added this much of qty.

As per the original recipe, you have to add sambar onion which has more nutrition and flavor than our big onion. But, added only the bigger ones.

==================

Next comes a couple of recipes based on pappaya vegetables!! Sowmya, pls excuse if it is not like yr traditional one.

Pappaya olan:

Pappaya 1
    whole moong 1 handful
    yam, carrot 1 cup together
    green chillies 4
    coconut milk 1/4 tin
    coconut oil, curry leaves and salt.

Fry moong and soak in water for 6 hrs. cook it with salt. Keep aside.

chop the vegetables into round pieces and cut pappaya into thin square pieces(or whichever shape you want). Cook them in plain water or coconut milk.

Mix vegetables with coconut milk, salt, cooked & mashed moong and slit green chillies. Boil for some time till it is thick.

Season in coconut oil with a tsp of mustard and curry leaves. Ready to take with rice.

Alterations:

Instead of coconut milk, can take coconut with green chillies, grind together and add to the vegetables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last, but least for today!

Basically, I am not a big fan of pappaya. For the last couple of months, have been convincing myself to try pappaya dishes. Anyways, this dish is really good and goes with roti.

Kadai pappaya:

Tomato 2 cups
    green chillies 2
    capsicum 1 cup

chop the above into small pieces.

Pappaya 4 cups
    carrot 1 cup
    beans 1/2 cup
    paneer 1/4 cup

Cut the above 4 into finger size pieces.

Powder

Dhania powder 1 tbsp
    red chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
    garam masala 1 tsp
    kasuri methi or methi powder 1 tsp
    salt, butter/oil

Fry and grind:

onion 2 small
    tomato 3
    cashew 8

Method:

Heat butter in a vanali and add chillies, capsicum, saute well. When soft, add tomato saute well till the raw smell disappears.

Add rest of the vegetables from the second part. Can add plain paneer or fried paneer. Mix paneer too here. After mixing well together, add the powder, salt and paste with enough water.

While boiling, add kasuri methi powder and allow to boil for a couple of more mts. Ready to serve.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, gvb. I also prepared that rasam without mochai or peas since didn't have them at home.

Will post tomorrow the seedai recipes, ok.

Bye.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Hi R
    Time and again I am motivated to say.. your speed and interest to contribute real tasty recipes amazes me.So sun tv'la oru kaalathila vanda mathiri... idhu xxxx vaaram style'la neenga "papaya vaaaram akiteengala?
    I am extremely happy cos I am sitting with a papaya right now and eagerly waiting to do some experiments
    Authentic olan?Adhuvum en style?My olan is convenience olan and we have never made use of coconut milk to prepare the same.. but that's the way my folks prepare.Looks like there are multiple ways of preparing olan.
    May give it a shot on palakkad recipes thread soon.

Regards
    Sowmya

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sowmiya and R,

where you guys get papaya? Is it a raw one? I live in US. Can i get it here? Your postings tempt me to try but don't know where to get the same.

also expecting to get seedai recipe by tommorow. All i heard from my family is/was 'seedai vedikum'. So afraid of making the same thoug i have couple of recipes from web sites. So give some inputs to avoid 'vedikaradhu' when you post seedai recipe R. All of ur recipes looks good, more over it tempt us to try. Good job!

Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast