Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: SUN TV & Other Recipe Collections

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gvb,

Will send the collections shortly.

If you are in NJ, then, can visit Rt. 27 Patel brothers at the frozen section.

Reg., pasta, do you want the brand name or the main ingredients like sooji or wheat?

Anyways, for all the pasta recipes, you can try wheat or sooji pasta; If you are dieting, then, can go with wheat pasta. Coming to brand name, dont remember; any small size of pasta will do.

Recently, saw a pasta recipe of Mrs.Revathy(yet to post) and made the same with half sooji pasta and half wheat pasta, could not find any difference.

Abt milagai bajji, last week, my cousin prepared one and we all loved it much. Will ask her and get back to you.

Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    Can I have a copy of Mrs Revathy's recipe !. My id is apujittu@gmail.com. Hope to join the discussion soon....Any version is fine with me.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gvb,

Do you want the recipe for milagai bajji or inside stuffing for the peppers -am confused...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    i got ur mail..Thanx..Ricedishes ,tiffin and chutneys u had already sent me once b4..Someone had mentioned 30 thuvayals and i don't have that..Do u have it?No,am not in NJ am in KS..So i can get kova in indian grocery shops right?Are kova and khoya both the same?
    Yes,if u can please send me the entire recipe for milagai bajji..

Regards,
    GVB

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, dont have thuvayal varieties, but looks like one of the hubber Priya has got it.

Yes, kova and khoya are same. If it is not available, you can substitute with milk powder too becoz in a halwa sweet, one lady was telling that the substitution will be ok. So, try it.

Abt milagai bajji, got the recipe from her. will post here by tonight or tomorrow.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    R if am using milk powder shud i use the same quantity that is mentioned for khoya or shud i increase or decrease it in any way?..
    Great to hear u got the recipe..am waiting..

Post Thanks / Like
    R sorry to bother u like this but i hope that u'll be able to help me out with some doubts i have..I have tried making mysorepak 3 times and i just can't seem to get it right..The first 2 times i din't know when the sugar syrup has reached kambi patham so i cud taste the sugar when eating it..the third time i got that right but i wasn't able to cut it into pieces and i cud smell besan.I use 1:2:2 quantities ..and i have a few doubts..Hpw much water shud i add for 2 cups and shud the heat be on medium all the time?Any tips on how to tell whether the sugar has reached kambi padham?secondly after i pour the besan and mix it with sugar i immd pour the ghee too..shud i stir for a while?If u can,will u walk me thru the whole process?My husband's b'day is coming up day after tomm and am bent on preparing this cos this is his fave sweet..Again am sorry for this but please share ur inputs..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, gvb the same measurement can be used; but, this substitution is only for halwas, not for cake or any burfi varieties since the consistency will go wrong.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    If u have Mrs.Revathy shanmugam's kurmas and thuvayalas can u please send it to me?My id is packs@singnet.com.sg

kala

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kala,

I dont have thuvayal varieties. Will send you kurma shortly..

And apujittu, will send the collections soon..

Bye.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast