Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: A shame

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this thread can be clubbed with violence against women thread. what d y all say?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Jaiganesh!! No need for a separate thread.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,I feel this should be a separate thread as the other one discusses violence against women in general.Probably this should have been named 'Juvenile crimes'.But that's up to Mrs.PP.

As for the subject,we are foced to address the result as we neither have the resources nor the determination to address the cause.

I would like to narrate a little incident here:

One evening,around 8.30,I landed at the Pune railway station and was walking up to the road.There are several homeless people sleeping in the station compound.I noticed a particularly intoxicated boy,may be ten or twelve years old,coming from the opposite direction.At the same time a cute and well dressed girl of the same age was coming from my direction.When we reached that boy,he started showing obscene gestures to the girl and danced down to her as though to touch her[he almost touched her on her stomach],singing something,irrespective of the fact that there were several onlookers around.This poor little thing gave out a little screech with much of her voice swallowed due to fear.

I recovered from the initial shock,and since I was the nearest onlooker,took him by the collar and gave him a fine slap on the face.This guy ran a few steps, turned back arrogantly and gave me a little 'gali',which I took coolly,threatening with another slap .

Now the interesting fact is that most guys who have witnessed this simply laughed as though they have seen a great joke .And if that boy's 'folk',were around,I would have been in a compromising situation.

In this case is he the victim or the culprit?I would say both.But as we do not have the resources to see him as the victim and rehabilitate him,we are forced to see him as th culprit and punish him.

And may be, that's the only way open to us!

By the way,I was wondering what that little girl[looks as though she belongs to a wealthy family,she had a few shopping items with her too]was doing there at that hour .I felt the same amount of anger to her parents as to that boy.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please, jaiganes, let this thread be separate. This is also violence against women, no doubt. But I want an awareness created emphatically about the delicate issue of adolescent misbehaviour aided and abetted by the MEDIA.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jaiganesh ! PP and blahblah have got a point , I feel now !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure No probs for me!
    I had come across some discussions with lordstanher in that thread pertaining to this topic. Maybe moderators can move certain relevant posts there to this thread to beef it up.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    I want an awareness created emphatically about the delicate issue of adolescent misbehaviour aided and abetted by the MEDIA.
    The media does it really!They do certainly aid adolescent crimes[though involuntarily] and then sensationalise the issue.It was due to the media that the two thirteen year olds in the Mobile phone clip case didn't get a chance to correct the mistakes of their youth.Now both the boy and girl are tainted for life.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=" In these times, I think the focus shifts entirely on parents, if they would desire the well being of their children. They have a responsibility of enforcing rather strict rules when it comes to TV watching at home. If something is sleaze, it just must not be encouraged. Instead, I see parents actually cheering their three-year olds when they imitate the hip-thrusting moves seen in movie dance sequences. With parents like these, who needs societal perverts?[/quote]

Badri,

Very true. I really feel the burden of educating my daughters to courageously face the world. It is true that parents lead the way for what their children become. I am really afraid that my children will get influenced seeing those sickening serials and violent films. This is the reason why I have stopped completely watching those so-called family dramas for the past couple of years and encourage them to be away from TV after 7 pm once the kids serials get over.
    Unfortunately, they still learn in bits and pieces from their school friends who don't have any restrictions. Will you believe, one of my daughter's class mate openly tells that her aim in life is to be a film heroine, carried away by the hip-swaying dances in colorful costumes!!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will you believe, one of my daughter's class mate openly tells that her aim in life is to be a film heroine, carried away by the hip-swaying dances in colorful costumes!!
    You are right Scorpio, and it is not in the least surprising. I think parenthood brings on certain responsibilities and entails certain sacrifices, whether we like it or not. You have done well in sacrificing your TV viewing time, in the interests of your children, because unless you stay away, there is no way you can prevent them from being influenced. If we eat up all the sleaze in front of our children, we have no moral ground to restrict them.

Of course, if we elect to live our lives any damm way we want, we will just have to sit back and watch all these crimes ruin the lives of our children. But if we don't, then there is no other option for us than to first sacrifice on our part and then ensure our kids imbibe the right values.

Of course, there is no way we can play the role of a watchdog every minute. There are societal influences, peer pressure and other forces well beyond our control, but if we can inculcate in them a value system, coupled with good sense, we can go a long way in curbing these wrong tendencies that creep into our kids.

I noticed a particularly intoxicated boy,may be ten or twelve years old,coming from the opposite direction.
    If they are beginning to lose the sense of right and wrong at that age, even before they fully cultivate them, what hope lies for them in the future? As I mentioned earlier, I just seriously hope this thread would raise the level of awareness of everyone who reads it (whether a parent now or would be in the future) and realize how serious the situation is, and what a vital role theirs is to play.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    However strict the laws are laid, such crimes would happen (may be mitigated cause of strict law).

The solution is in the hands of parents, to educate the child, NOT TO INDULGE IN DANGEROUS RAGGING...

and for the parents of girl childreN...

1. TEACH THEM TO FACE RAGGING
    2. ASK THEM TO GANG UP WITH OTHER GIRLS AND RAG
    3. ASK THEM TO COMPLAIN TO POLICE(!! WOULD IT WORK??)
    4. BEFRIEND THEM AND you BECOME THEIR BEST FRIENDS, SO THAT
    ANY PROB COMES TO U FIRST RATHER THAN FINIDNG SOLUTION WITH A ROPE OR POISON.
    5. teach them to be BRAVE.
    6. EDUCATE THEM that law is in favour of anyone being ragged or sexually harassed.

Suggestions can be had....when situation arise...how ppl faces them depends on their surroundings, parent's education, and above all DESTINY.

VERY SAD INDEED

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast