Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: A shame

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs. PP,
    u hav indeed expressed the very sentiments tat I hav, time & again, wanted to or tried to myself! In fact, reading ur comments, I felt tat I was reading my own thots posted here! And it is true tat if u express ur concern abt such issues w/ most ppl. in our society, u r sure to get a non-supportive response!
    Nevertheless, I'm glad tat being sumone from the older generation, u r so updated on wats happening everyday in our society and r raising ur voice against it!
    I, despite belonging to this gen. more or less, am deeply anguished by the present state of wat I always believed to be a unique, rich culture founded on strong moral values!
    And yes, hats off to u for adivising not to point out exceptions in our society! As u say, we must all see the general pic. of day-to-day life of people, especially the present gen.! This makes me point out tat many of our elders (or even other ppl. for tat matter) make this mistake of normally refusing to believe/accept the fact abt this cultural deterioration tats spreading in our society slowly but steadily! They believe tat just bcos they themselves r still maintaining their values etc. and know ppl. who maintain them, they r under the delusion tat even the general society itself is still like this! They believe for eg. tat children brought up in traditional families will automatically maintain the same values etc.!
    It is this 'frog-in-the-well' attitude tat has resulted in most ppl. being unconcerned abt the ever-increasing rot & ruin tat is creeping into our culture today!
    I also agree w/ ur point tat most parents themselves r no longer ready to sacrifice nething for their children/families today! Parents- esp. mothers- today hav a pivotal role in the correct upbringing of their children and seeing to it tat they don't go astray. Unfortunately, in today's norm of 'survival of the fittest', academic as well as materialistic struggles r reigning over ppl's minds, resulting in devaluation of morals/values!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx, lordstanher It is so heartening to know there are still some people thinking on the same wavelength
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    These are 2 letters published in the “Letters to the Editor” section of today’s “The Hindu”:
    Television woes
    Sir, -I am appalled at the quality of Indian television soap operas in which women are portrayed in a poor light; they are shown as objects of ridicule and abuse –both physical and mental. I fail to understand why women allow themselves to be portrayed in this fashion.
    Rekha Lakshmanan,
    St.Louis,Missouri.

Sir, -Things have, no doubt, changed and changed for the worse. As youngsters, we were told by our elders to switch off the television whenever there was a programme or movie that was thought to be unfit for viewing. Now whenever such a programme is relayed the youngsters tell us to please go away.
    Sathish Saxena,
    Visakhapatnam,A.P.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Digression
    Hello,
    Its been quite sum time since I visited the forumhub......I've actually been going thru an emotionally difficult time lately, as my father had passed away last Saturday (2nd apr.).....I was originally supposed to have left Singapore finally this tuesday (5th) and thereafter arrived back in India, but when I was given this tragic news by my mother on Saturday, I urgently pre-poned my ticket and rushed home on the 2nd itself and was done w/ the funeral rites (which felt rather traumatic for me) the next day (3rd).
    As you can imagine, I've been in a state of utmost grief as well as shock, as this happened rather suddenly and I feel worst abt the fact tat I was unable to meet/be with my father just b4 he died! The last time I saw him was when I was home on vacations last Dec...
    Of course, he had been suffering from kidney failure & been on dialysis for the last 5 years and we knew he wasn't going to live much longer...but still, it all ended quite suddenly!
    I'm trying my best to get over this altho it will take time to heal.....I most likely won't be visiting the hub again for a quite a while until I'm able to pull myself back together completely.
    And lastly, apologies 4 the digression, but I didn't know where exactly to post this message.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences, lordstanher! I understand how you must be feeling now. Please try to console your family. Time alone can help you get over your sorrow. Take care.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lordstanher,

Deepest condolences. Almost everyone of us would have faced such a loss sometime in life. I've been thru' it, of course, I was a teenager when my father died and didn't really understand the impact then. May his soul rest in peace!

PP Ma'm, sorry for the digression!
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lordstanher!
    I join scorpio akka and PP madam in offering my condolences to your father's demise! May his soul find everlasting peace and continue to guide you and your family through this difficult phase.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lordstanher,

My deepest symathies to you and your family ! May the Almighty give you and your family the necessary courage and strength in this most difficult situation. Try to be around with people whom you feel more comfortable with. Please do take 'extra' care of your mother.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello,

i posted earlier as johnny etc. people are attacking me . all i ever did was support india in this forum. what really hurts is they are atackin gme because iam half pallan . but all i did was support india and tamil nad iin this froum. people in this froum seem to know .what did i do wrong?..iam of pallan caste but i never instigated any casteism as i only suppoirt india an d tamil nadu.. u ppl are my country and my state..how could u allow this to happen to me?..for ur information iam not pure pallan origin, my relatives are brown eyed. this is what really hurts as i did not atttack high castes or dravids. this is what really hurts knowing .i dont know why my own country ppl and os the same origin want to see me an dmy family ruined. whoeer u r iam sorry. please stop attackin gmy family and me.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless u guys. bye.

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast