Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1494

Thread: A shame

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    One of my childhood friends was the eldest of 6 and his dad worked with my dad, but was an alcoholic. Apart from not giving a paisa to home, he'll hit wife, throw vessels around, shout and abuse children. The mom, though wanted to remedy the situation, had only primary education. So what did she finally do? Worked in the local school kitchen and brought up all the children. Can we tell her to sit home, after all 'uththiyOgam is purusha lakshanam'? Then we won't have 6 mature adults in the society today (and my friend later took care of his dad's addiction after he grew up and employed, by treating him in a clinic), but possibly criminals.

So, the decision to work or not has to be on a case-by-case basis. There cannot be a blanket statement.
    but this is not proper example(IMHO).....
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sarna_blr, I agree this is not an example to support women going to job or seeking a career. Just to dispel the myth that 'u is purusha lakshanam'. Agreed it's the respo for man to provide for his family, in general. However, some "extreme" statements need countering by "extreme" situations And if some is happy to be 'avalakshanam', life has to still go on for other family members

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sarna_blr, I agree this is not an example to support women going to job or seeking a career. Just to dispel the myth that 'u is purusha lakshanam'. Agreed it's the respo for man to provide for his family, in general. However, some "extreme" statements need countering by "extreme" situations And if some is happy to be 'avalakshanam', life has to still go on for other family members
    avalakshanam.....
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Looks like arguing for argument's sake! Being older than you I may have seen even more instances of unelightened mothers who have made their children grow into pucca villains & brutes!!!

What I wish is enlightenment for women, encouraging home environment for children & elders, pampered life in the shade & safety of home for women( already 'gifted' with enough physical discomforts by nature why aggravate it with all that added strain?). AND peace in the lives of men!!!
    ippdi oru kevalamaana thought-a refined english sonnaa mattum enna aaga poguthu PP madam??

Post Thanks / Like
    There is something called 'figurative' language Anyways, let me explain what it means -

'pootti vaiththal' can easily be done by statements like below:

-women, be at home in your little kingdom as outside home is man's kingdom
    -women, be happy about child-rearing at home and kitchen activites. May be read, surf, watch TV etc but never worry about any activity outside - not even charitable work
    -women, working and earning money is not for you. It's only for men to be engaged in

All the above are figurative lock & key stuff. To work or not work depends upon ones situation and INDIVIDUAL CHOICE. I may not know the best situation for "Mrs Lakshmi" or "Miss Meena" as much as they do (Disclaimer - names are just generic examples, doe s not refer to any individual)
    well said...

Post Thanks / Like
    Time to go to bed!!!
    itha post pannanumnu avasiyam illai..

anyway, "naan escapu.. aala vidungadaa saami"-nu sollavareengannu puriyuthu..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    app_engine : great posts

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    app_engine : great posts
    Thank you sir!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [app_engine:

IMO, women need to learn atleast one money-making skill...be it a job or home based small business or other skills...In this fast world, you never know what will happen to the bread-winner(husb) the very next moment... Incase of any mishap, like physical disability or illness or death, she needs to be prepared to take the role of the bread-winner... aprom aludhu polambittu irukiradhula use illai... It's a basic survival skill... Not every woman has support from parents/relatives,monetary or otherwise... & even if they are supportive, better we be prepared for the worse... whatever happens, life will go on...

college degree alone doesn't always give a person enough confidence...I know of enough home-makers who are well educated but are not confident enough to even go to a bank or make a bill payment or talk to an insurance guy or go to a service centre or do such other basic things on their own... Women going for work/doing business(atleast for a short period of time) definitely helps them learn social skills faster & gives them the confidence that they can survive on their own... & also to understand themselves & the real world better...whether they choose to work full-time or part-time or not to work is entirely their choice... but they need to have the confidence they can survive without other's help for basic things... And that confidence shouldn't be 'kuruttu dhairiyam'... To me, having the freedom to spend another person's(husb in this case)hard earned money is not financial freedom...

Anyway, I don't believe in discussing what is right & what's wrong... Life will teach it's lessons at it's own pace... what we believe is right/wrong is the result of the timing & magnitude of diff experiences one had in life... Some ppl are lucky enough to not to go thru very hard phases in life & so their beliefs might be completely diff from that of one who has gone to a diff exper(hard phases) in life...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan
    Time to go to bed!!!
    itha post pannanumnu avasiyam illai..

anyway, "naan escapu.. aala vidungadaa saami"-nu sollavareengannu puriyuthu..
    'kEvalamillaatha' karuththukkaLai 'kEvalamillaatha' vithaththil uraikkum bright boy, you are sadly mistaken! Sleep is my well earned rest! Don't read anything else into it!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.