Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Lifestyle

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu,

Am doing very fine, Raghu...

Tofu=bean curd thaan...

It's made from soy milk... of course soy milk is from soya bean...

more here.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like

Noodles?

Hi Dev...

You are really Great....U done a wonderful job here....I amazed by your posts... Keep going...

Whats your opinion about taking noodles for dinner...? for weight watchers..

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are few tips we practice in our home. hope this helps.

Use Soy Milk instead of Coconut milk for making any Non-Veg items such as curries or briyanis.

Use Soy Milk instead of regular milk to make coffee and Tea.

Stop using sugar on your tea/coffee, you will get use to it and will never have sugar again.

Use equal amounts of Quaker Oats and Dosa Batter to make Oats Dosas. This tastes the same as normal oothapam dosas with sambar, chutney and podi.

Dont fry curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds or fennel seeds, just add them to the sambar or non veg stews while cooking without fying in oil first.

Use oil to fry unless you can't avoid in situations.

Avoid 100% deep fried items, we can still have tasty indian food without fried items.

Make Appalams in microwave instead of deep frying in oil. It takes a minute to make 2 appalams in one go in a microwave.

If you are a great fan of Goat/Mutton dishes, you can still eat them by draining the fat if you use a steam cooker, or else you can leave the meat in the oven for 30 to minutes which drains the fat out, you can still cook the meat as a normal curry, the taste remains the same.

Somethings south indians are not used is eating nuts. Eat a handfull of Almonds and Mcademia nuts every day. These nuts contain higher levels of mono-unsaturated fats which are very important.

Don't use Electric rice cooker to boil rice. Instead, wash the rice in luke warm water until all the white starch go away and boil it in a large utensil and filter the rice. (vadicha saatham). All the starch will be drained this way and we use the rice to fill our stomach.

Last but least, check the nutrition label at the back of any food/snacks/drinks you buy in the store, if the label says saturated fat in grams then, think before buying.

Post Thanks / Like
    u can also make chapathi like this atta - 2 cups; oats powder - 1/cup; soya powder - 1/4 cup, black channa atta- 1/4 cup; methi powder - 1 tsp.
    this is good for people who want to reduce weight, also good for diabetic people.

use flax seeds powder for reducing cholestrol.

also if anybody want receipe for flax chilli powder , i can give . this is good for reducing cholestrol

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kugan98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends I think it will be a good idea to revive DEV'S thread for our diet discussing.
    As she has many recipes, tips and commets that will be very helpful to us.
    I think made a mistake by opening a new thread called DIET KITCHEN. I can ask our moderator to delete the thread.

What do you all say friends.
    We can post our low calorie recipes there.
    Thanks. Kugan98
    Chefs are just like children.
    They should be seen not heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    ofcourse kugan, we can continue in healthy lifestyle. no need to open a new thread. this is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    K...no need to delete the diet kitchen thread... let's post recipes there & diet discussions here...just mmy thought... if all others wish to continue here, I don't have any probs...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    k,
    we follow according to dev's idea. i think everybody will accept.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetsku ban... am eating a slice of pappaya after meals if I have the sweet craving...