Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sudarsanam the MD

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

RV (@ nat-*) on: Thu Jan 29 17:42:53 EST 1998

Manisegaran: Your going would be a great loss for all of us. I think I speak for all of us when I say we were all looking out for you postings in various threads.

Thanks for saving my head from breaking into pieces.

Ungalai ketkaamal naan seidha thavarukku meendum varuttham therivitthuk kolgiren.

Naan niraya lines ezhudhi irundhene ? Oru velai neengal andha threadkku poga villaiyo ? Mudhal variyai inge mattum partthergalo ennavo theriya villai.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Manisegaran (@ 202.*) on: Sat Jan 31 12:01:10 EST 1998

RV
    I am not gone for good. After my last posting I went outstation on holidays and just returned today. I am not in any way upset with you but my only fear is that I just cannot be a daily visitor to this site. But I must confess that I am pretty addicted to this site as butter is to bread (Naan Yen Piranthen-Coconut Seenivasan dialogue)Could you please tell me in which line you had communicated with me?

ASVATHAMA
    The one who acted with MKT in Chintamani in 1937, produced by TV Rao(actress Lechumy's father) is the actress Asvathama who is different from the MD Asvathama The MD Asvathama has also composed for films like Kulamangai, Deivabalam, Pizhaikkum Vazhi and Naan Kanda Sorgam.

RAJI EN KANMANI
    There was a query on Malligai Poo Jathi Roja from the film Raji En Kanmani. I hope the enquirer would visit this site. I saw the film when I was 7 years old, so I hope my memory serves right. It is a Gemini film, commercially a flop, but created sensation in the community for the untimely storyline. It was acted by T.R. Ramachandran, Sri Ranjani and Sreeram. TRR appears as a pichaikkaran, playing harmonium, and Sri Ranjani as a blind flower seller. They team up and she sings to attract customers. One of the songs is Malligai Jathip Poo Roja. They fall in love. Sri Ranjani has not seen the face of TRR, but once touches his face to get the feel of his face. TRR then meets up with a doctor(Sreeram) to arrange for the eye operation of Sri Ranjani.He leaves Sri Ranjani in the house of the doctor and goes to make financial arrangements. Some soolchi takes place happens and he is sent to jail. Later he tries to escape but police shoot his leg and extend his jail term. After waiting for a long time the doctor gives up hope and performs free operation. Having given up the hope of ever seeing TRR they get married. They have a son. While the mother and son go for a walk,the boy crosses the road he is almost knocked down by a car. But he is saved by a limping stranger. But in the course of saving the boy he is hit on the face. TRR recognises Sri Ranjani and is shocked to learn of the marriage. Sri Ranjani who does not recognise TRR takes him home and nurses him. As she touches his face she has a feeling that she has touched the face before. The doctor who turns up at that moment identifies TKR. TKR takes him to a corner and says that his coming was accidental and never intended to destroy the family. He wishes them well and leaves the house. SUBAM!

In those days the Gemini organisation never believed in promoting any individual artiste. It believed in team work. There will be credits like MUSIC by Gemini Isaikkulu, STORY by Gemini Story Ilakka etc. It was only in the later days that they slowly relaxed this style and started to reveal the individual artistes. Anyway, the MD for Raji En Kanmani is Parthasarathy. Apart from Mallikai Poo Jathy Roja there is another "KILLER" song called "Sundara Malare Solliduvaye En Anbar Vanthal Ennidam Neeye" by the same R. Balasaraswathy Devi.
    In this film a test was made on the acceptability of western music in Tamil films. Both the songs are Spanish in origin. The songs became widely accepted and appreciated as the MD introduced more mood and feelings into them. Thats all I can remember on something that I saw at the tender age of 7. May be some elders in this site could correct me if I have gone wrong on the details.

PORTER KANTHAN
    There was a querry on some minute details. I am sorry I do not have them as I have not seen the movie. From the info I have the MDs are MSV/TKR, the story dialogue and screenplay are by M.S. Kannan.Songs are by Valliappa and Maruthakazi. Apart from Varunthathey Manamey by SC Krishnan there is also a song "Nalla Nalla Sevai Nattukku Thevai" by Jikki& Co. and another song called "Vinaya" by Gandasala. More than this I do not know. Very sorry.
    Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

kElvigaL (@ bone*) on: Sun Feb 1 03:18:10 EST 1998

Manisekaran:

Nandri for the details.
    mudinthavari inga vandhu "thendral" mAthiri veesitu pOnga.

Do you have any info about the movie "Ada vantha theivam". who is the MD ? VR or KVM ??
    I vaguely remember the hero was TRM.

Post Thanks / Like

Manisekaran (@ wmu-*) on: Sun Feb 1 10:24:56 EST 1998

Aada Vantha Deivam is starred by TRM, Anjali Devi, E.V. Saroja and MR Radha.The MD is KVM.There are some super songs as follows:-
    1.Kodi Kodi Inbam Perave Thedi Vantha Selvam-P.Suseela
    2.Kodi Kodi Inbam Peravey Thedi Vantha Selvam-TRM
    3.Aasai Kondem Amuthamey-TRM
    4.Sangam Muzhangivarum Singara Thamizh Kalaiye-TRM
    5.Sottu sottunu sottuthu paru ingey -TRM/P.Suseela
    6.Nilayaga En Nenjil Oli Veesum Deepam-P.Suseela
    7.Valiya Vantha Seetheviya Thallathey-K.Jamunarani.
    Songs are by Maruthakazi.

Post Thanks / Like

Manisekaran (@ wmu-*) on: Sun Feb 1 10:43:54 EST 1998

RV,
    Hindi Theriyamaley AAN padalgalai Try Pannugiren. Uthattil irunthu Mozhivathu Hindi, but En Ullathil irunthu Pozhivathuthan Thaithamizh. Aagave anniya mozhyil pizhai irunthal porutharulavendum.
    AVAN AAH
    1.Kan Kanathathum - 1.Jane Ne Nazar
    2.Jala Jala Jala Jal - 2.Jala Jal Jala
    3.Aaha Nanithai Arinthu - 3.Jumne Januki Umkiliye
    4.Karirul Neram - 4.Rath hangeri
    5.Anbe Vaa Azhaikkindra -5.Ajare Abu MeraDilpukara
    6.Kalyanam Oorvalam Varum- 6.Rajaki Ayegi Barat.
    7.Minnal Polagumintha - 7. Chotisi Ye Zindagani
    8.Un Perai Ketten 8.Sun Peke Ki Nam

Post Thanks / Like

RV (@ 1cus*) on: Sun Feb 1 18:37:29 EST 1998

Manisegaran:

Nandri. Aan-il kadaisi 4 paattuthan ippodhu gnaabagam irukkiradhu. Pallaviayip partthaal paattaiyum mozhi peyartthadhu pol irukkiradhu. Sunthe the Naam Hum, Choti Si Hai Zindagaani pondravai migavum arumaiyaan paadalgal. Avatrai ninaivu padutthiadhurku nandri.

Post Thanks / Like

RV (@ nat-*) on: Wed Feb 11 18:04:35 EST 1998

Summarizing this topic is going to be rather tough.

Post Thanks / Like

RV (@ nat-*) on: Mon Feb 23 19:04:47 EST 1998

I am not going to summarize Sudarsanam songs here. It can be basically seen in two early posting by Sathiya Keerthi and Manisekaran.

I will try to summarize the remaining part.

Post Thanks / Like

MFC member (@ 192.*) on: Sun Mar 1 06:29:08 EST 1998

Naanum oru Mani Fan Club member.

Post Thanks / Like

tester (@ 192.*) on: Sun Mar 1 06:30:27 EST 1998

Test pl ignore

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast