Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: MGR film songs are always popular

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Nakkeeran,
    Thank you for your confidence in me. I have said it before and am saying it again and again. I am not an expert nor fully knowledgeable on Tamil films or music. My information is based on books and interviews from the cine field. If you read widely you will observe that many of these books contradict with one another. As for the cine personalities, I have met far too many of them. Sadly owing to old age and ailments, many of them are not able to confirm many matters.

There are a lot of gaps in the cine regime. So it is people like you who should check up whatever is posted.

Recently there was one person who somehow got hold of my personal email address and sent a nasty message asking me to stop posting, quoting many mistakes that I seem to have made. (I gave my email to only one person and it is now being very intelligently circulated)

The email made me happy as the person has finally and clearly rejected me as an expert. That is exactly the way I had wanted to be treated.

So, to say it again, please do not accept everything I say as an expert opinion- Please. I am not from Tamilnadu, I rely on books and interviews with cine personalities. I also make my own mistakes.

Thank you.
    With regards.
    Manisekaran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sahodari Usha Shankar,
    Ulagam Sutrum Valiban was a movie that was shot very hastily. Many scenes were shot in the absence of proper lighting. The sun was not cooperating.
    '
    The lady Metta was also a fast make case. MGR did his very best to teach her the lyrics. You see carefully, her lip movements do not syncronise with the lyrics. But there was no time for remake or reshooting. MGR had to return to India fast. In Sathya Studio he set up 40 settings to re shoot. But not everything could be re shot.

Immediately after singing the first line (PONNIN NIRAM...) she tumbles down in the reverse, but that shot was not remade.

As for the Bangkok Grand Palace that I happened to see in person, words fail in describing the beauty of what I saw. But that grand palace contains the Buddhist temple in the Sri Lankan architecture, a temple in the Cambodian architecture, a building for keeping the relics of Budddha and another building for keeping the scriptures. There is also a grand banquet hall. There is also a temple that houses Emarald Buddha, the most important and most holy spot in Thailand. Being a holy and restricted spot, no duet scene would be allowed. Documentary perhaps yes. MGR in his intelligent mind has captured some areas with documentary formula and imposed a bacground dance scene with Metta.

Again he had done the shooting in the absence of lighting. You could see dark clouds in this scene.

If only the sun had shone, it would have been another banquet for we movie goers.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617