Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How (much) has ForumHub changed since the early days?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How (much) has ForumHub changed since the early days?

I've been around, off and on, for 13 years now...

I was here in the days when it was an "open" board, i.e. you didn't need to be registered for a user name and password to participate...

Many 'Hubbers haven't been heard from in a while...

I remember names like Sundar Atre, "Tamil Babe" (I often was curious to know how much of a "babe" she really was ), a guy called "Anon", etc....

There were some who were regulars on TFMPage... kinda curious to know where they are, what they're up to these days, etc...

I remember names like Naveen Jebaraj, RJay, JSri, etc...

I guess, nothing lasts forever...

But if anyone's got any updates...
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

2. Thanks nboqawekumec thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madurai veeran, g.dravid, mani m. manivannan..

punnahai, donna iannapollo, mutziputz, Saradha / ukw ,Sugrutha

Ofcourse Al(phonse) and mAmA p. siddharth! LOL
    Last edited by geno; 21st December 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

5. Thanks nboqawekumec thanked for this post
    Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    temporary-sori-observer, Nichiro, Malligai, Shakthi, Thirumangai........
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who feels that ForumHub has become very quiet these days?

I remember the old days (when it was an "open board") when things were much more lively... We could freely discuss certain controversial (cough cough cough...) topics which would not be allowed any more (cough cough cough...)...

Many of the old-timers don't seem to participate any more...

I guess nothing lasts forever...

8. Thanks nboqawekumec thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it's also the case that with the enormous popularity of "social networks" these days, people are less interested in discussion forums...

'Tis a shame...

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see this thread, especially since I am hopping by the hub after ages.The hub is like an open archive of my online presence over the years from school to college and so on!! . My friend, is itchingggg to read those immature stuff I wrote back then. n the stories section, I've written some post making fun of girls with make up and all sorts of stupidest stories. I better get them all removed haha...He doesn't know my hub ID so, I am safe so far :P

I've been visiting here since 2004 in 9th grade or so. I forgot what account name it was also...and i was most inactive..then again active on the "chevy" ID and been on it, since then. But most off :S

only know very few hubbers :S - NOV, SP akka, wibha, surya, lm, karthikeyan ,lamby , crazy akka, Querida, PP maam... donno...M These days I rarely sit on the lappy. A mobile app for the hub will maybe help me be more active :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to Forget "Idiappam!!!" - Ha! he gave us the term "ATVS" Anti-tamil vedic stooge!!

There was a PN Kumar in the old hub(prior to login) - who was on the "other side" but made some sense!

And Aravindan who predominantly wrote in the newer form of Hub in History section...

There was */hehehewalrus!! Sekar, RC!,

phdgirl and Tiruttakkan and srimangai in kavithai threads..
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so can someone clarify...

I mean I've been around here since around August 2000, I think... As I mentioned, I first visited TFMPage, and then got through here...

But when was TFMPage/ForumHub started?

Can anyone give any details on the precise origins of TFMPage/ForumHub? i.e. how did it all start, was it in the form of a student project or something?

Who are the longest serving 'Hubbers, etc. (aside from RR/NOV)?

Post Thanks / Like

Also been wondering... where's 'Hubbers like Bingleguy, PrabhuRam, App_Engine, Badri, Sudhaama, etc. these days?

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice thread. i really would like to reconnect with folks like bharath, whynot, trend, neutral fan, yaaro etc. especially now that i have made my first short film, would love to share it with them! hopefully they are all older and wiser now... we did waste a lot of time on these tfmpage boards arguing and fighting those days....
    Last edited by tigger2; 25th January 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast