Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Science in India (and other discussions)

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raagadevan, thanks for your posts! I especially liked the article "Are we undermining our scientific temper?" - interesting article, thanks very much! Please continue with your input!! And if you can, invite others also!!

I have to admit, I don't have any personal knowledge or experience of Sci/Tech research, whether in India or anywhere else. But I'd like to learn!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber raagadevan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterV View Post
    Raagadevan, thanks for your posts! I especially liked the article "Are we undermining our scientific temper?" - interesting article, thanks very much! Please continue with your input!! And if you can, invite others also!!

I have to admit, I don't have any personal knowledge or experience of Sci/Tech research, whether in India or anywhere else. But I'd like to learn!!
    Thank you WriterV! I too do not have any direct involvement in scientific research but always had a fascination for various branches of science. When I come across news items (like the one I am posting below) where ignorant folks make pseudoscientific claims about everything under (and around!) the sun, I try to post them here. We need some comic relief in life once in a while!
    तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमय! - tamasomā jyotir gamaya

Senior Member Diamond Hubber raagadevan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking Sanskrit keeps diabetes, cholesterol at bay, claims BJP MP Ganesh Singh, quoting U.S.-based academic institution

PTI/The Hindu - December 13, 2019

BJP MP Ganesh Singh on Thursday claimed that as per a research done by a U.S.-based academic institution, speaking Sanskrit language on a daily basis boosts the nervous system and keeps diabetes and cholesterol at bay... Participating in a debate on the Sanskrit universities bill, he also claimed that according to a research by U.S. space research organisation NASA, if computer programming is done in Sanskrit, it will be flawless... More than 97% of the languages in the world, including few Islamic languages, are based on Sanskrit, Mr. Singh said.
    तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमय! - tamasomā jyotir gamaya

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234