Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    last night there was heated/cheerful discussion at my house on IR and directors who extracted the best songs out of him . I am sticking to songs because BGM is completely dependent on the visuals and theme of the movie. As for as songs are concerned, there arent too many variations of the "situations" the directors come up with to Raja....
    And There were so many usual suspects on this one. I wasn't surpised to see that the fight was Mahendren, BR, Mani Ratnam, R.Sunderrajan, Balu Mahendra. Each one of them can rightfully claim rights to the "I brought the best out of him". Although I am slightly biased towards Mahendren. But thats my opinion. Naturally we didn't have a conclusion, and the arguement took a different turn, on whether did they really do anything to bring out the best in him, since the situation of these songs is explained and raja composes without any visuals in mind. So Raja has to have a particular affinity towards directors whom he believes that they will do justice to his creation. Case in point being my biggest unsolved mystery which no one ever raises in any of the interviews to Raja. What is the world did the director tell him for the song "Poove Sempoove". Most probably "Sir, karthick goes in search of the girl, who is performing in a dance hall and there he sees her and he thinks its the same person" . These words cannot create a "Poove sempoove", it would have been entirely Raja's take. So thats why i bring up the question , was he partial to these directors. Although he there countless movies with no names, have some wonderful songs.
    the other puzzling factor was why EVEN among raja's fans , his assocation with Pratap Pothen as an actor or director is held in the same esteem as the above mentioned directors. if you ask me to list the two most funkiest albums that raja has created, my answer would be "Agni Natchathiram and My dear Martharden". Give an ear to the songs of that album .. Illavattam should rank abomg the greatest bass works done by Sasi, The rythm of "Paaku vethala" ... the symphony of "Satham varamal"... melancholy of "Azhagu nilavu" and the groovy "My dear marthandan" ... that album has everything to rank among on of the best Raaja's almbum , but seldom talked in the circles as raja's best . and if you look at the compositions for Prathap's other movies... "Vetrivizha" .."Aatma" and all his moves as actors had fabuluos songs... So i adding him to the directors who bought the best out of him!! or atleast Raja was biased towards him too...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed View Post
    last night there was heated/cheerful discussion at my house on IR and directors who extracted the best songs out of him . I am sticking to songs because BGM is completely dependent on the visuals and theme of the movie. As for as songs are concerned, there arent too many variations of the "situations" the directors come up with to Raja....
    And There were so many usual suspects on this one. I wasn't surpised to see that the fight was Mahendren, BR, Mani Ratnam, R.Sunderrajan, Balu Mahendra. Each one of them can rightfully claim rights to the "I brought the best out of him". Although I am slightly biased towards Mahendren. But thats my opinion. Naturally we didn't have a conclusion, and the arguement took a different turn, on whether did they really do anything to bring out the best in him, since the situation of these songs is explained and raja composes without any visuals in mind. So Raja has to have a particular affinity towards directors whom he believes that they will do justice to his creation. Case in point being my biggest unsolved mystery which no one ever raises in any of the interviews to Raja. What is the world did the director tell him for the song "Poove Sempoove". Most probably "Sir, karthick goes in search of the girl, who is performing in a dance hall and there he sees her and he thinks its the same person" . These words cannot create a "Poove sempoove", it would have been entirely Raja's take. So thats why i bring up the question , was he partial to these directors. Although he there countless movies with no names, have some wonderful songs.
    the other puzzling factor was why EVEN among raja's fans , his assocation with Pratap Pothen as an actor or director is held in the same esteem as the above mentioned directors. if you ask me to list the two most funkiest albums that raja has created, my answer would be "Agni Natchathiram and My dear Martharden". Give an ear to the songs of that album .. Illavattam should rank abomg the greatest bass works done by Sasi, The rythm of "Paaku vethala" ... the symphony of "Satham varamal"... melancholy of "Azhagu nilavu" and the groovy "My dear marthandan" ... that album has everything to rank among on of the best Raaja's almbum , but seldom talked in the circles as raja's best . and if you look at the compositions for Prathap's other movies... "Vetrivizha" .."Aatma" and all his moves as actors had fabuluos songs... So i adding him to the directors who bought the best out of him!! or atleast Raja was biased towards him too...
    தளபதி பாடல்: சுந்தரி கண்ணால் ஒரு சேதி - "மணி இந்த ட்யூனை வேணாம்னு சொல்லிடாத...இது நல்லாயிருக்கும். வச்சுக்கோ" இது ராஜாவே ஒரு பேட்டியில் சொன்னது. அக்னி நட்சத்திரத்தை எடுத்துக்கொள்வோம்.. நாயகன் நாயகியின் வீட்டிற்கு முதன்முதலாக செல்கையில் ஸ்விம்மிங் பூலில் அவள் குளிக்கும்போது பார்க்க நேரிடுகிறது. இதற்கு ஒரு ட்யூன் வேணும்னு மணி சொல்லியிருப்பார். இதையும் சமீபத்தில் ராஜா பகிர்ந்திருக்கிறார். வேறொரு இசையமைப்பாளராக இருந்த்திருந்தால் கவர்ச்சிக்கு இடம்கொடுத்து அதற்கேற்றாற்போல ட்யூன் போட்டிருப்பார். "ஒரு பூங்காவனம்" காலத்தால் அழியாத மெலடி. அதையும் கர்நாடக சங்கீத ராகத்தை அடிப்படையாகக் கொண்டு எப்படியெல்லாம் சரணத்தை கட்டமைத்திருக்கிறார் என்பதை ராஜாவே விளக்கி சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். ராஜாவைப் பொறுத்தவரை படைப்பாளிகள் எல்லாரும் ஒரே விதம்தான்.

சின்னத்தாயி, என் ராசாவின் மனசிலே, அரண்மனைக்கிளி போன்ற படங்கள் பாரதிராஜா படைப்பில் வந்த பாடல்களுக்கு சற்றும் குறைவில்லாதது. அவதாரம் - அரிதாரத்தை பூசிக்கொள்ள ஆசை.. எப்பேர்ப்பட்ட ஆக்கம்! நாசருக்கே இந்த இடத்துல இந்தப் பாடலை வைத்துக்கொள் எனச் சொன்னதே ராஜாதான். ராஜாவை வெறும் இசையமைப்பாளர் என்ற குறுகிய(!?) வட்டத்தில் அடைத்துப் பார்க்கக் கூடாது. கமல் போன்ற பழுத்த படைப்பாளிகளே "ராஜாவிடத்தில் சினிமா பற்றிய பல விஷயங்களை கற்றுக்கொண்டது அதிகம்" என பகிரும்போது அங்கே கலைக்கடலில் விஸ்வரூபம் எடுத்து நிற்பது ராஜாதான்.

சமீபத்தில் வந்த மேகா படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற முகிலோ மேகமோ பாடாலாக்கத்தை இதில் சேர்ப்பது? இயக்குனர் புதுமுகம். ராஜாவைப் பொறுத்தவரையில் ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருவர். இவர் படத்திற்கு மிக நன்றாக சிரத்தையோடு மெட்டுப்போடணும் என்றெல்லாம் ரொம்ப யோசித்து மெட்டுப்போடும் பழக்கமெல்லாம் பொதுவாக ராஜாவிடத்தில் இல்லை. நீங்க சொல்ற படைப்பாளிகள் எல்லாருமே பத்து பதினைந்து பழங்கள் இருக்கும் குலையில் இருந்து ஒரு பழத்தினை தேர்வு செய்கிறார்கள் ஒவ்வொரு மெட்டுக்கான சூழலுக்கும். அவ்வளவுதான். 'காதல் ஓவியம்' படத்திற்கான பாடல்களை பாரதிராஜா கேட்டு, நிராகரித்து வாங்கியிருப்பார் என நீங்கள் நினைக்கிறீர்களா? சங்கீத ஜாதிமுல்லையை டியூனை ஆர்மோனியத்தில் எப்படி வாசித்துக் காட்டியிருப்பார்?

பாலச்சந்தர் தனது படங்களின் பாடலுக்கான சூழல்களை இசையமைப்பாளர்களுக்கு சவால்களாக வைப்பதுண்டு. ஆனால் புன்னகை மன்னனில், மனதில் உறுதி வேண்டும் படத்தில் என்ன பெரிய சவால்கள்? "மாமாவுக்கு குடுமா குடுமா" எல்லாம் ராஜாவின் விஸ்வரூபமே!
    Last edited by venkkiram; 20th August 2016 at 01:56 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    ஆண்டு 2013:

கல்லாலே செஞ்சு வச்ச சாமியில்லை நீ!

ஹரிச்சரண் பாடிய ஆகச் சிறந்த பாடல்களை தொகுத்தால் இது கண்டிப்பாக இடம்பிடிக்கும்.

Post Thanks / Like
    இதே படத்திலிருந்து
    உங்கப்பன் பேர சொல்லிச் சொல்லி

வயது 73.. ஆனாலும் குரலில் இன்னும் அதே இளமை, குதூகலம், ஆனந்தம்.

#மகிழ்ச்சி

தொடர்ந்து மெலடியை நிகழ்த்திக் காட்டுவது என்பது பலருக்கு இயலாத ஒன்றாக இருக்கையில் கைவந்தக் கலையாக இருப்பது ராஜாவிற்கே உரிய முத்திரை.

Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜாவின் இசையில் என்றுமே நிலைத்து நிற்கும் விண்மீன்களாக பரிமளித்த பாடகர்களில் முதன்மையானவர் எஸ்.ஜானகி. அவருக்கு அடுத்த நிலைதான் பாலு, ஏசுதாஸ், மலேசியா, சித்ரா, மற்றும் பலரும். குரலில் பன்முகத்தன்மை, குரலிலேயே பாத்திரத்திற்கு தேவையான உடல்மொழியினை பாய்ச்சும் வித்தையில் ராட்சசி ஜானகி. அவரின் ஆகச் சிறந்த திரைப்பாடல்களில் பத்து என கடினமான ஒரு முயற்சியை மேற்கொண்டால் கூட, அதில் ஒன்றாக இப்பாடலை திணிக்க முற்படுவேன். 1976 ஆண்டிலிருந்து தொடர்ந்து கோலோச்சி வந்தாலும் இந்தப் பாடல் வெளிவந்த ஆண்டு 1997. திரைப்படம் தேவதை. பாடல் "ஒரு நாள் அந்த ஒரு நாள்".

பாடலை தொழிலாக எடுத்து தேர்ச்சி பெற முயற்சிசெய்துக் கொண்டிருப்பவர்கள் இப்பாடலை கேட்டு பல விஷயங்களை கற்றுக்கொள்ளலாம்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 22nd August 2016 at 10:21 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345