Thread: காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

Threaded View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

First of all thanks to Rajaram for posting the Gangai Amaran's interview link. The last 10 minutes of his interview summarizes the total decline of Tamil Film music in the past 1o years. Why is every Tamil film song a Kuthu based genre? The so called top stars have songs which are pathetic and horrible compared to our golden years fo MSV and Raaja. I feel sad for the current generation of children and youth who enjoy these songs which have no lyrics or any kind of tune. MDs like Anirudh, Prakash Kumar, and Imman are the top violators of this Kuthu genre. Recently I happened to undertake a long road trip from Kerala to Chennai with my usual MP3 collection of Raaja's songs. You can comfortably drive from Kannyakumari to Jammu on NH7 by listening to Raaja's songs all through the trip. My driver in between switched to some Tamil FM station near Kovai. I requested him to switch back to Raaja's music after 30 minutes. The driver said that TFM has hit its lowest denominator with these kind of Kuthu songs. Have you listened to "Alluma Dolumma" song picturized on Ajith and composed by Anirudh? Rokesh is the lyricst (What a pathetic loser?). The song has 12.96 million viewers in YouTube. Are there 12.96 tone-deaf listeners to this crappy song? As Gangai Amaran said, the IQ and music interests of young brains is literally corrupted by such crappy songs. First of all these new MDs are just assemblers (as Vivek pointed out recently) and have no sense of music composition. The Tamil film producers too demand such low quality music just to appeal to the masses. What a tragedy.

BTW, I cannot stop commenting on Rajini's latest flop "Kabali". I feel sorry for this man who has churned out series of flops recently. Released with lot of built-up hype in social media and ads, Kabali songs were mediocre if not in poor taste. Santosh Narayanan did a terrible job with every song. The worst part is that many Rajini fans have compared one Kabali song to "Sundari Kannal Oru Seidhi". This is the height of someone being totally tone-deaf. How can someone compare a Gutter with Gold plate? Rajini will never get a song like "Sundari" and no Director/ Cinematographer can videograph a song like that. "Sundari" is a Platinum standard in how a song should be composed. Hats off to Raaja.

I am once again posting my favorite Rajini song which was posted when "Linga" was released. I predicted that "Linga" would be a super flop and the songs were mediocre. Rahman fans picked up a fight with my thread regarding my comments. Why can't Pa.Ranjith plan a simple song like this? Sridevi had injured her ankle before this song and she doesn't walk in the entire song. It's just Rajini's walk and Raaja's music. Good Luck for Rajini's next film!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement