Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

Hybrid View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

காலத்தின் கைகளில் தேங்கி நிற்காத இசை

First of all thanks to Rajaram for posting the Gangai Amaran's interview link. The last 10 minutes of his interview summarizes the total decline of Tamil Film music in the past 1o years. Why is every Tamil film song a Kuthu based genre? The so called top stars have songs which are pathetic and horrible compared to our golden years fo MSV and Raaja. I feel sad for the current generation of children and youth who enjoy these songs which have no lyrics or any kind of tune. MDs like Anirudh, Prakash Kumar, and Imman are the top violators of this Kuthu genre. Recently I happened to undertake a long road trip from Kerala to Chennai with my usual MP3 collection of Raaja's songs. You can comfortably drive from Kannyakumari to Jammu on NH7 by listening to Raaja's songs all through the trip. My driver in between switched to some Tamil FM station near Kovai. I requested him to switch back to Raaja's music after 30 minutes. The driver said that TFM has hit its lowest denominator with these kind of Kuthu songs. Have you listened to "Alluma Dolumma" song picturized on Ajith and composed by Anirudh? Rokesh is the lyricst (What a pathetic loser?). The song has 12.96 million viewers in YouTube. Are there 12.96 tone-deaf listeners to this crappy song? As Gangai Amaran said, the IQ and music interests of young brains is literally corrupted by such crappy songs. First of all these new MDs are just assemblers (as Vivek pointed out recently) and have no sense of music composition. The Tamil film producers too demand such low quality music just to appeal to the masses. What a tragedy.

BTW, I cannot stop commenting on Rajini's latest flop "Kabali". I feel sorry for this man who has churned out series of flops recently. Released with lot of built-up hype in social media and ads, Kabali songs were mediocre if not in poor taste. Santosh Narayanan did a terrible job with every song. The worst part is that many Rajini fans have compared one Kabali song to "Sundari Kannal Oru Seidhi". This is the height of someone being totally tone-deaf. How can someone compare a Gutter with Gold plate? Rajini will never get a song like "Sundari" and no Director/ Cinematographer can videograph a song like that. "Sundari" is a Platinum standard in how a song should be composed. Hats off to Raaja.

I am once again posting my favorite Rajini song which was posted when "Linga" was released. I predicted that "Linga" would be a super flop and the songs were mediocre. Rahman fans picked up a fight with my thread regarding my comments. Why can't Pa.Ranjith plan a simple song like this? Sridevi had injured her ankle before this song and she doesn't walk in the entire song. It's just Rajini's walk and Raaja's music. Good Luck for Rajini's next film!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    why so much hatred. I understand your pain at the current trend of kuthu songs and derogatory lyrics, but there are some good songs coming out as well. And if you cannot appreciate the beauty of songs like "Vanaam Parthen " and "Maya nathi " from kabali then you are just doing a big disservice to Raja. Raja made us appreciate good music and "Vanaam Parthen " is one for the generations of good music lovers. Santhosh Narayan is here to stay. Not everyone can be a raja but lets appreciate good music without associating a face to it

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Brother. I have to disagree with your assessment of Santosh Narayan's composition for a Rajini movie who is hailed as a "Super Star". Fans expect a super duper mix for a Rajini film. Santosh falls behind in that expectation for Kabali. At the same time he is better than the leading Kuthu masters in Tamil. I maybe drunk in Raaja's compositions that everything else pales in comparison. Raaja's songs for Rajini were custom composed keeping in mind the Super Star's outlook and type of song sequence. That's why every single Raaja-Rajini album is a golden hit. Numbers speak the truth. There is not even a single Raaja-Rajini song which can be called subpar or mediocre. My hatred is not towards Santosh Narayanan but Kuthu masters who are doing a disservice to beautiful and poetic Tamil language. I hope I made my thoughts clear.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with total degradation in standard of music in todays movies be it a song or RR. We miss Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy,K.V.Mahadevan, A.R.Rahman and Ilayaraja very badly. It is a fact that Ilayaraja himself lost his own class since 1991. We should agree the creativity life span is limited for MDs ranging from 12-16 years.

M.S.Viswanathan -T.K.Ramamoorthy- 1952 to 1965.

M.S.Viswanathan- 1966 to1969.

K.V.Mahadevan- 1957- 1976.

Ilayaraja- 1976 to 1991.

A.R.Rahman- 1992 to 2008.

But it is a pity that chain of genius emerge and hand battons regularly. Today, no creative genius with inherent talent emerge and career minded assembly music mediocres rule the roost.
    நெஞ்சமெல்லாம் நிறைந்த நடிகர்களின் நடிகன்.
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...hool-of-Acting

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    I agree with total degradation in standard of music in todays movies be it a song or RR. We miss Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy,K.V.Mahadevan, A.R.Rahman and Ilayaraja very badly. It is a fact that Ilayaraja himself lost his own class since 1991. We should agree the creativity life span is limited for MDs ranging from 12-16 years.

M.S.Viswanathan -T.K.Ramamoorthy- 1952 to 1965.

M.S.Viswanathan- 1966 to1969.

K.V.Mahadevan- 1957- 1976.

Ilayaraja- 1976 to 1991.

A.R.Rahman- 1992 to 2008.

But it is a pity that chain of genius emerge and hand battons regularly. Today, no creative genius with inherent talent emerge and career minded assembly music mediocres rule the roost.
    அய்யா! ஆ ஊன்னா இங்க வந்து ராஜாவின் வீச்சை குறைத்து மதிப்பிட்டு தங்களின் அதிமேதாவித்தனத்தை காட்டிட்டு போறிங்களே!

யாரு சொன்னா உங்ககிட்ட 1991க்கு அப்புறம் ராஜாவின் படைப்புத்திறன் மங்கிவிட்டதென! ஒருவேளை 1991-க்கு அப்புறம் உங்களது கேட்கும் திறன் மங்கிவிட்டதா என சந்தேகம் வலுக்கிறது.

----------

1992 - மன்னன், செம்பருத்தி, இது நம்ம பூமி , சின்னவர், திருமதி பழனிச்சாமி, சின்னத்தாயி, சிங்காரவேலன், சின்னக்கவுண்டர், பரதன், ஆவாரம் பூ, தேவர் மகன், நாடோடித் தென்றல், உன்னை நெனச்சேன் பாட்டு படிச்சேன், மீரா, தெய்வவாக்கு

ஆத்மா, தாலாட்டு, கோவில்காளை, அரண்மனைக்கிளி, எஜமான், கிளிப்பேச்சு கேட்கவா, கலைஞன், மறுபடியும், பொன்னுமணி, பொன்விலங்கு, வள்ளி, வால்டர் வெற்றிவேல், உத்தமராசா, சின்ன மாப்பிள்ளை, ஐ லவ் இந்தியா, சக்கரை தேவன், உள்ளே வெளியே

மகாநதி, மகளிர் மட்டும், சேதுபதி ஐபிஎஸ், செவ்வந்தி, ராஜகுமாரன், வீரா, ராசாமகன், ப்ரியங்கா, வீட்ல விஷேஷங்க, வியட்நாம் காலனி, புதுப்பட்டி பொன்னுத்தாயி

------------

இந்த மூன்று வருடங்களிலேயே சிலபல படங்களை நான் தவற விட்டிருக்கலாம். நேரம் கிடைக்கையில் தொடர்ச்சியாக 2016 வரையிலான ராஜாவின் தொடர் வீச்சினை பதிவு செய்து, ராஜாவை ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட காலகட்டத்திற்குள் அடைக்க முற்படும் எல்லா விமர்சகர்களின் போலி முகங்களை அகற்றுவேன்..
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

இந்த மூன்று வருடங்களிலேயே சிலபல படங்களை நான் தவற விட்டிருக்கலாம். நேரம் கிடைக்கையில் தொடர்ச்சியாக 2016 வரையிலான ராஜாவின் தொடர் வீச்சினை பதிவு செய்து, ராஜாவை ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட காலகட்டத்திற்குள் அடைக்க முற்படும் எல்லா விமர்சகர்களின் போலி முகங்களை அகற்றுவேன்..

போலி முகங்களை அகற்றுவீர்களா? அதற்கெல்லாம் அவசியமில்லை. ராஜாவின் சமீபத்திய "தாரை தப்பட்டை" வரை ரசித்துக் கேட்பவர்கள்தான் நாங்களும். அதற்கு பிறகு வந்த "ஒரு மெல்லிய கோடு", "அப்பா", "அம்மா கணக்கு" பாடல்கள் எல்லாம் சுமார் தான். "அம்மா கணக்கு" பின்னணி இசை நன்றாக இருந்தது. "குற்றமே தண்டனை" படத்தின் முன்னோட்டத்தில் வரும் பின்னணி இசை படத்தை பார்க்கும் ஆவலை தூண்டுகிறது. மற்ற இசையமைப்பாளர்களையும் ரசிப்பதால் எங்களுக்கு போலி முகங்கள் என்று அர்த்தமில்லை. நாங்களும் ராஜாவின் இசையை விரும்பி கேட்பவர்கள்தான் என்று யாருக்கும் நிரூபிக்க வேண்டிய அவசியமுமில்லை.

கோபால் அவர்கள் கூறியதில், குறிப்பாக படைப்புத்திறன் பற்றி, எனக்கு உடன்பாடு இல்லை என்பது வேறு விஷயம். அவரை பொறுத்த வரை அது உண்மை. ஆனால் அந்த கருத்து கொண்டவர்களை போலிகள் என்றும், அவர்கள் முகத்திரையை கிழிப்பேன் என்றும் பேசுவது சிறுபிள்ளைத்தனம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜகுமாரன் படத்திலிருந்து..

சின்னச் சின்ன சொல்லெடுத்து

பொட்டுவச்சதாரு யாரு

Last edited by venkkiram; 29th July 2016 at 07:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    வியட்நாம் காலனி படத்தில்

பாம்பே ஜெயஸ்ரீ குரலில் கைவீணையை ஏந்தும்

மார்கழி மாசம்

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஒப்புக் கொள்கிறேன். "கைவீணையை ஏந்தும் கலைவாணி" பாடல் "வியட்னாம் காலனி" படத்தில் வந்தது என்பதை மறந்து விட்டேன். அற்புதமான பாடல்தான். "மார்கழி மாசம்" பாடல் நினைவுள்ளது. நல்ல பாடல்தான். ஆனால் இது போல் பல பாடல்கள் வந்து விட்டன. ராஜாவின் முத்திரை இந்த பாடலில் ஆழமாக இல்லை என்பது எனது கருத்து. என்னை பொறுத்தவரை ராஜாவின் 1991க்கு முந்தைய பாடல்களின் தரத்தில் இல்லை என்பது எனது கருத்து. இதனால் எனது ரசனை தரம் தாழ்ந்தது என்று நினைத்தால் அதை பற்றி எனக்கு கவலை இல்லை.

ராஜாவின் படைப்புத்திறன் 1991க்கு பிறகு குறைந்தது என்ற கருத்தை நானும் தான் ஏற்கவில்லை என்பதை மறுபடி நினைவு கூறுகிறேன். ஆனால் நீங்கள் கூறிய மற்ற பாடல்கள், "சாத்து நட சாத்து" உட்பட, நினைவில் உள்ளனவே தவிர ராஜாவின் திறமையை பறை சாற்றும் பாடல்கள் என்று நான் கருதவில்லை. கோபால் அவர்களின் கருத்தில் நான் எடுத்துக் கொண்டது இதுதான். ராஜா யார் என்று பின் வரும் சந்ததியினருக்கு விரைவாக எடுத்துரைக்க வேண்டும் என்றால், 1991க்கு முந்தைய அவரது படைப்புகளே வெகுவாக எடுத்துக்காட்டப்படும்.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    its unfortunate that you didnt like the songs i mentioned in Kabali. I agree fans expect super duper mix for a rajni movie. But this is not typical rajni movie and Santhosh has done his bit. We all have to accept that Raja is going to stand tall above everyone, so there is no point in bringing Raja into discussion. My point was there are a few music directors who are trying to elevate the current scenario. Santhosh's melodies have impressed me among the current crop (Gibran being the other). Be it Cuckoo or his RR in Madras is second to none, I would say. After a long time I found a music director that could elevate the scene through his bgm. Anyways lets not give up on them, Like most things , these trends are cyclic in nature.

Gopal , yes everyone has a shell life for "creativity". Thank god that we got a lifetime of music during raja's peak times. With change come so many other issues. Music assemblers have emerged and composers are few. The only danger is accepting mediocrity as the new norm. Its not only in tamil nadu , you can see the decline in music quality all over the world. But in general I find the south more
    intelligent" in music due the greats that you mentioned. Life goes on and so will Music.... lets hope for the best

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast