Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamalhaasan vazhangum - SABASH NAIDU (Trilingual)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_gt View Post
    Actor Siddique, is undoubtedly one of the finest character actors in Malayalam film industry. It is a pleasure to see him perform all kinds of roles effortlessly on the screen. If reports are to be believed, the actor is all set to mesmerize the Tamil audiences too, as he would be soon seen in a Tamil film.

Reports suggest that the actor has been roped in for an important role in Kamal Hasan's next venture Sabash Naidu, which would be directed by renowned Malayalam film-maker T K Rajeev Kumar. The actor is touted to play the villain role in this film. Siddique, is an actor who has been always happy with the work he gets in Malayalam films. Unlike, other character artistes of the industry, he hasn't been so keen on trying luck in other languages. But, the actor is not new to Tamil cinema and he made his debut in Tamil films way back in the year 2004 when he did the main villain role in Shaji Kailas's film Jana which had Ajith in the lead role. The actor was previously seen in Malayalam film Paavada, in which he did an important role. The actor's upcoming Malayalam film is the Mammootty starrer White. Well, we would like to wish the actor all the best for all of his upcoming ventures.

Read more at: http://www.filmibeat.com/malayalam/n...xt-224775.html
    He is a big fan of Kamal.

Very good actor. Though we talk about Kamal's stellar performance in PN climax, in Drishyam this guy stole the show from MohanLal.

Will be great to watch these two together.
    Movie is going to rock.
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Curious to know the genre of music IR-KH are going to handle / come up with!

Any 'insider' news on the music part?

Senior Member Senior Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    He is a big fan of Kamal.

Very good actor. Though we talk about Kamal's stellar performance in PN climax, in Drishyam this guy stole the show from MohanLal.

Will be great to watch these two together.
    Movie is going to rock.
    Greattt
    #UttamaVillain#

Member Junior Hubber vidyasakaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any opinions about the title?
    I am seriously considering giving this movie a miss.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO, it is the content that gives value to a title and not the other way around... a case in point, i found moscowin kaavery as a very poetic and charming title, till i learnt that heros name is moscow and heroine name is kaavery
    Last edited by rsubras; 4th May 2016 at 10:41 AM.
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the value of the movie/content is not given or fully reflected by the title. This might turn out to be a great movie, who knows! (To some extent, who cares! I have been a Kamal fan from my childhood!)
    However, my complaint is that Kamal has not learnt, or rather refuses to learn the lessons from Thevar Magan days.
    Why identify a character with the name of its caste? I agree Telugu people still use caste names as surname. But, why use it in title of a Tamil movie, making it more mainstream here?
    I agree this sounds like a mere tokenism, while castes and caste issues run still very deep in social and political realms of TN. For that very reason, this tokenism is required, I feel. Why forfeit however little ground gained?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    calling by caste is certainly not a taboo, in fact it is a kind of respect mostly (for most of the people, for few it could be an abuse depending on who and how, that is a different argument)... that too for Telugu ppl as you yourself agreed, where ppl are addressed mostly by their surnames only Mr.Rao, Mr.Reddy etc., i dont think this will sound as appeasement or offensive
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    //calling by caste is certainly not a taboo, in fact it is a kind of respect mostly//
    How do you say mostly? Is it based on the population percentage?
    // that is a different argument//
    That is the whole argument, based on which, people in TN shunned using caste name as surname.
    //appeasement or offensive//
    It is regressive.

Senior Member Senior Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks the title controversy started
    #UttamaVillain#

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a movie in the name of Gandhi, anybody has objected to that title?
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast