Thread: Classics that can be remade today. Movies, actors, music etc

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Classics that can be remade today. Movies, actors, music etc

Hi all,
    this topic is just for fun to brainstorm and talk about for funs sake. Movies which you think will be good if it was remade today. Which actors today would fit it well, which Music director will do the style of the original some justice etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A movie I would love if it was remade is Pudhiya Paravai with Sivaji, Saroja Devi, Soukar Janaki.

Puthiya_Paravai_New_Bird.jpg

One of my Favorite movies of that generation. It's a Suspence/Thriller.

Plot:
    The movie starts out with the Protagonist Sivaji who is a globe throttling businessman and widower who meets a beautiful Saroja Devi on a Ship. They talk, like each other and fall in love. She later finds out that his wife had died, and they go back to his estate. Here's where the plot twists come in installments. His presumably dead wife comes back to life, starts singing songs, creating a havoc in Sivaji's new relationship to say the least. Saroja Devi is furious and wants to bail, becuase of her ticking biological clock. She has no time for such shenanigans. One thing leads to another, and Sivaji confesses that it was him who murdered his wife by accident, due to her drinking problem and her being an arrogant slut, so there is no way his wife has come back from the dead. At this point, Saroja Devi goes full on Mission Impossible on everyone and pulls off a mask and reveals that the wife never came back alive and this was all a ploy to make Sivaji confess to the murder of his wife. Sivaji gets arrested, and for some reason Saroja Devi has fallen in love with the man who murders women for drinking at parties.

Thats the basic storyline, there are several ridiculous (In retrospect of course) scenes where Sivaji is dressed as a Mayan Chief and strolling around the hills of Ooty.

The Music

The Music is one of the best albums I have heard from vintage tamil movies. Unnai ondru ketpean, chittu kuruvi and enge nimmadhi are all songs which get you humming for days, and beat most migraine inducing albums that come out these days. *Hint: D.Imman. Every song in the album is great but my favorite one has to be Paartha nyabagam illaiyo. The song plays a pivitol role in the flashback of the films and is somewhat essential to the storyline as well.

The Remake

Here's my choice for the hypothetical remake of Puthiya Paravai:

Sivaji, The chainsmoking millionare widow who is tortured and torn with the guilt of murdering his wife and the his love for Saroja Devi: Vijay Sethupathi.

http://www.tamilfilmnews.org/wp-cont...sethubathy.gif

I think he would be a great choice Sivaji's role. We have already seen what he is capable of in "Orange Mittai" as a senile old man. He has the talent, and the looks to pull off this roll well.

Saroja Devi, The beautiful educated woman who seems too good to be true, whom he meets on a ship, but in the end turns out to be a hell of Detective who goes above and beyond her job description: Anoushka.

Soukar Janaki, the ex wife with a drinking problem. (This is clearly not a big deal these days, so in order to be convincing in the reason to kill her in a rage as a crime of passion, she would have to be a cheating woman who has plans of poisoning her husband... clearly): Lakshmi Menon. This may not be the best option, but I just don't like her much. She's not a good actress, she's ugly as hell, and I honestly don't see what her hype is all about. I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't mind seeing her die on screen. If not her, then in all seriousness, I would love to see Nayanthara in this role. She's pretty, she's a great actress, and she would look absolutely gorgeous in this role.

As for the Music, there's no doubt, A.R. Rahman can make a great album. It's an album that requires melodies that'll keep us humming, and mouthing the words for days to come.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Maximus_G; 19th January 2016 at 11:10 AM.