Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, the program was overall good. DD carried on well in her slightly "toned down" chirpy self.

thanks,

Krishnan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    THIS IS REAL "THARAI THAPPATTAI"

Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got to see thru Techsatish.net online.
    Wow. Nice to see him maintain his composure.
    Once he got trigerred but quickly returned to normal mode.
    Overall I had known most of the facts including Kanchi periyavaa incident.
    Mother Theresa fact was not known to me.
    His youth watering plants in Vaigai dam site heard and read several times.
    Lookslike the crew had less time to prep ?

Nevertheless a pleasant sign and relief from DD doing a stereotype mode glorifying and elevating the wannabies whose accomplishments are just mediocre or in some cases none but they make us feel unwarranted adieu given to some lesser talented guys or newbies.

The upcoming Ilayaraaja 1000 program in February is what we fans will cherish.
    Thanks to Vijay TV once again.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Tharai Thappattai" movie - Music was mindblowing Songs sounded great when the audio was released but along with the movie, they just got better. For instance, "vadhana vadhana Vadivelane" didn't impress that much on first listen but along with the movie, it was awesome. I thought "aattakkaari maaman ponnu" wasn't included in the movie even though I heard the prelude just before the "vadhana vadhana Vadivelane" song. RR was just...brilliant. Yet another instance of music elevating the movie to another level. I cannot think of anyone who could have come up with a more perfect score for this movie.

I don't like Bala but his movies are something else and I can hardly wait to watch them even though I know they will be "darker than dark". They leave some impact on you for even days. That is why Bala the director is special. In the current generation, he is probably the best to bring out the best in anyone, including Raja. Movie was great until about the second part of the second half. The villain gave a good performance but kodutha kaasukku mela koovinaar. Sasi finding Varalaxmi was cinematic. Re: the song that trolls actors, was it Raja who mixed that? They played Vijay's Shahjahan song, Suriya's Singam, Kamal's Indian, Rajni's murattu kaalai. I don't think Raja would have even heard those songs and I don't think anyone, even Bala, would dare to ask Raja to compose something that would mock these songs. Must have been some assistant.

Varalaxmi did great. Kunthaani (no offence) maadhiri irunthukittu enna aattam. Music appadi.

The theme used in the climax was out of the world. I liked the hero theme too even though reviews said it was very predictable and nothing special.

Raja sir, needoozhi vaazhga.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Sudalai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thozhar, you are right about Bala employing his assistants for thar additional spoofy medley. Raja generally does not get involved in these remixes.
    Bala is already notorious for such things , like using some string of old songs in Pithamagan and Naan kadavuL. Raja is in no way connected with them.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    New movie "Oyee"

teaser

jallikattu song

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinamalar's tribue to Raja sir. worth reading all the way through the 200 interesting facts and the 1000 movies DB (you may know most of the info already). Just thought of sharing.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/ilayaraja/index.php

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raja sir singing Madha Un Kovilil - DD-Pothigai interview from the early 1990s. Few more clips of this interview is in youtube, check out if you have time

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oyee Music is Out!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast