Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    I have accepted him as a music genius. Period.
    With a gross mistake, I would have done more than a hand gesture.

Who would think this is a utopian world? Its mostly Dog eat dog world. How can one justify their own bad behaviour because they were treated bad once by others? If everybody follows that principle, then good things will cease to exist.

I would NOT definetely call anyone a saint. I am yet to come across a saint. He has portrayed him to be more spiritually inclined, hence public's expectations for him to stand above the rest is quite ginormous. And erractic actions undermines the credibility.

Look at the video clip of famous bleep song controversy.
    I am not justifying the reporter's action. It was an inappropriate question at an inappropriate time. However, he did not ask IR how to treat perivascular disease with latest drug. It was well within the realms of his territory (cine music). Maybe the common expectation would be to answer with a simple, 'no comment' or 'inappropriate question'. Instead IR, questioned the reporter.....

"Unaku modhalla enkitta pesa thagudhi iruka nu...."

I got confused. Now what qualifications does a reporter need to ask celebrities?

Anyway, I shall stop my arguments with this because.......majority of public doesn't accept it. It was quite evident from the media reports.
    Dochu:

I have followed you for years and you have been generally supportive of IR.

I have a slightly different take on both the events. Regarding the one with the reporter, you have to consider the context. IR seemed genuinely concerned about people affected with the floods - as exhibited by his delivering food by boat and dropping of 1000s of blankets etc. The reporter uses one of his flood related visits for his question whereas IR stops to answer reporters impromtu to answer flood related questions. Even then IR first tells the reporter that this is not the place for such questions and it is when the reporter aggressively pursues, IR uses those words. In the immediate context of the suffering he has seen in the floods, the repeated aggressive questioning regarding a crass issue that IR had no relation to was the trigger and you will have to have more contempt for the insensitive qualities of the reporter than IR. I do.

Regarding his reaction to the Tabla player in the video, you can see that IR has been showing his displeasure right from the start of the song as something was not right and looks like signalling him to be in synch. However, when he continues to be not in sync is when IR uses those words. The one thing we all know about IR is his pure dedication to music and he has demonstrated this over all these years that in that quest of perfection to music, he has alienated many. From what I have seen in the two concerts in NJ I visited, he really cares about the music that they are performing and wants to not shortchange the paying audience. How may other troupes, practice for a month before engaging on a tour like this. What I saw in these concerts was even when Mano mispronounces a word, IR corrects him as he cares about perfection. Imagine, it would be easier for to not care and deliver songs with blemishes and be the crowd pleaser. But this is his DNA - being genuine to his art that he has dedicated himself to. The other hat I saw in the concert was the genuine affection his team had for him. Also not talked about much is when his singers hit the difficult notes correctly or when his orchestra plays a complex piece well, he looks at them and applauds in admiration and turns to the crowds to signal to them the beauty of what they did.

I recently heard from a friend of mine who had gone to an Anirudh concert in Toronto that most of the music was piped in and there was a lot of lip synching that went on. It is these guys who are celebrated these days.

While there is a lot of bad things people say about IR, not many talk about the fact of his reverence to real musical genius be it MSV, C Ramachandra, SDBurman, Dr. Balamurali Krishna, TVG, Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer etc. His loyalty to Panchu Arunachalam until PA's last days. You also see the members of his orchestra including the sons of past music directors like Govardhan and Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan (both the sons excel in their fields). He also had music director Dakshinamoorthy as the one who would instruct the singers before his recording. I see IR as a man who respects genuine talent and is really loyal but someone who in his own way protests and stands up against pretense and what he perceives as authoritative (in movies, a person with those traits would be a superstar).

For me, I genuinely admire IR not just for his music but for his whole being. (I was so proud when my wife, who is a fan of IR music but a crazy IR fan like me, said when we at the recent concert in NJ that she just wants to be in his presence because there something divine about IR and she hopes that some of those vibrations from his presence could be a blessing).

Anyway my objective is not to change your mind but to provide you my take based on my perceptions of the context surrounding the situations. I feel that in general IR does not get the respect he deserves from the media and characterizations of him and I would not be surprised that there may be vested interests fueling that. My hope is that we do not succumb to that and consider the overall context.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have accepted him as a music genius. Period.
    With a gross mistake, I would have done more than a hand gesture.

Who would think this is a utopian world? Its mostly Dog eat dog world. How can one justify their own bad behaviour because they were treated bad once by others? If everybody follows that principle, then good things will cease to exist.

I would NOT definetely call anyone a saint. I am yet to come across a saint. He has portrayed him to be more spiritually inclined, hence public's expectations for him to stand above the rest is quite ginormous. And erractic actions undermines the credibility.

Look at the video clip of famous bleep song controversy.
    I am not justifying the reporter's action. It was an inappropriate question at an inappropriate time. However, he did not ask IR how to treat perivascular disease with latest drug. It was well within the realms of his territory (cine music). Maybe the common expectation would be to answer with a simple, 'no comment' or 'inappropriate question'. Instead IR, questioned the reporter.....

"Unaku modhalla enkitta pesa thagudhi iruka nu...."

I got confused. Now what qualifications does a reporter need to ask celebrities?

Anyway, I shall stop my arguments with this because.......majority of public doesn't accept it. It was quite evident from the media reports.
    வழக்கமாக பலர் ஒரு பத்தியில் தான் சொன்னதை அடுத்தடுத்த பத்திகளில்தான் அதை மறுத்து தனது கருத்து முரண்பாடுகளை எல்லோருக்கும் வெளிச்சம் காட்டுவார்கள். இங்கே ஒரே பத்தியிலேயே அடுத்தடுத்த வரிகளிலேயே முரண் தலைகாட்டும் அழகை ரசித்தேன்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man!!!that's quite a pessimistic way to look at everybody. If you keep wearing dark glasses all the time, statistically you are bound to miss out on good/geniune things too.
    FOrtunately, it isn't my problem but yours to deal with.
    Indirectly hinting (AGAIN!) with a sarcastic comment doesn't help your case at all. I clearly mentioned that I was just expressing my way, and you went around beating the bush.

You talked about who are we to preach others, geniuses have their own quirky ways, etc but you did the exact opposite of preaching etc. And I called out this action as being hypocritical. You cannot hold different set of standards for yourself and others.

Bottomline - no matter how much ever we justify erratic actions of anyone (against norms of a social living), it gets censured. History has repeatedly shown.
    ஹா ஹா.. சுவையானதொரு அக ஆராய்ச்சி. நான் குறிப்பிட்டது இணையத்தில் பொதுவாக காணப்படும் தொனி. அது உங்களை இவ்வளவு தூரம் பதில் எழுதவைத்திருக்கின்றதென்றால் அத்தகைய மக்களில் உங்களையும் ஒருவராக அடையாளப்படுத்திக்கொண்டே நீங்கள் அப்படி மறுமொழி புனைந்திருக்கிறீர்கள் என உள்வாங்குகிறேன். எல்லாருமே தங்களுக்குள் இருக்கிற பாசாங்குத்தனத்தை எந்த விகிதாச்சாரத்தில் குறைத்து வாழ்கிறார்கள் என்பது ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் வேறுபடும். கார்னாட் சுழற்சி போல.

"மிகைநாடி மிக்கக் கொளல்" - இதுதான் நான் கடைபிடிக்கும் கோட்பாடு. தனிப்பட்ட வாழ்க்கை, குணங்கள் என எடுத்துக்கொண்டாலே ஒருவர் ராஜாவை பின்பற்ற, சிலாகிக்க நிறைய இருக்கிறது. அதையெல்லாம் இப்போது நான் இங்கே நிறுவி ராஜாவின் குணங்கள் மீதான வெகுஜன இணைய மக்களது பார்வையை ஒரே இரவில் மாற்ற முயலப்போவதில்லை. மீண்டும் "மிகைநாடி மிக்கக் கொளல்" என்பதை வலியுறுத்திக்கொண்டு..

அப்புறம் இணையசூழ் கருத்து கந்தசாமிகளின் வேடிக்கை விளையாட்டுகளை ரசிக்கமுடியாமல் போய்விடுமல்லவா!
    Last edited by venkkiram; 13th October 2016 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    1.40 minute symphony. A pure unadulterated WCM gold.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    WoW!!

Enna Manusan ivaru?

Engiranthu aruviya ippadi kotrathu??!!

amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    கவிஞர் பொன்னடியார் 'முல்லைச்சரம்' பொன்விழா

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா பேச்சு

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=rLkBtM3DW4s

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜ லேகியம்:

ராஜா சார் எழுதி இசை அமைத்த சில பாடல்களில் என்னை எப்போதும் கொள்ளை கொள்ளும் இந்த பாடல், AS பிரகாசம் இயக்கத்தில் எண்பதுகளின் இறுதியில் ஆளப்பிறந்தவன் படத்தில் இடம் பெற்றது.

கண் மூடி ஹெடிஸ்ட் அணிந்து கேட்கவும், உங்கள் உள்ளம் உருக நான் கியாரண்டி. ஆரம்பமே கன ஜோர்.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Album created just for 7 songs

Most of the fans know this history. Which super hit Tamil movie was created just to showcase 7 songs? Raaja had composed 7 songs and insisted that all songs should be filmed in a single album and movie. A Director took up the challenge to write a story to use all 7 songs in one album. All the songs became super-duper, platinum hit albums rendered in almost all concerts, competitions and award functions for past 35 years. One playback singer recorded three songs for this album and was recorded in one day in morning, afternoon and evening sessions with full musical score. The singer mentioned this during Raaja's London O2 Arena concert in 2013. This song still remain the Gold standard for this singer in Tamil and never fails to sing at any concert. This week's Country Music Awards 50th Anniversary function held in Nashville, USA, the Album of the Year winner required several months to get the base tune and lyrics synced before recording the songs. 35 years ago we had Platinum hits created, composed, written, orchestrated and recorded with full accompaniments in one day by a Composer the western world hardly knew. What a phenomenon...

Post Thanks / Like
    Enga Amma Rani (2016:Tamil) Audio Release & Songs

Audio Release

Song Making

Va Va Magalae

Ammanu Ulagathil Illatta

Enga Amma Rani starring Sai Dhansika

Enga Amma Rani Official Trailer
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like

ஆஸ்கரை மிஸ் செய்த 'முத்துராமலிங்கம்' - படம

Review in vikatan.com :

படத்துக்கு இசை இளையராஜா என்றார்கள், ஆனால் கேட்கும்போதோ 'ஆன்மிக திருவுரு. ஃபார்மட் நியூமராலஜி தந்தை டாக்டர். மஹாதன் ஷேகர் ராஜா' இசையமைத்தது போல் இருக்கிறது.

Anybody heard the songs?

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast