Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    MOR -
    He sang in a different tone.
    To me, IR clearly shows signs of aging (or maybe the modulation of song?). Many instances, his voice sounds wavering like how it happened for Janaki, Yesudoss etc.
    I dont think so. are you closely watching all his recent renditions?

ஷரித் பாடிய 'இடரினும்' பாடலை சமீபத்திய கச்சேரி ஒன்றில் பாடியிருக்கிறார். அப்படியொரு சங்கதி.. பிரவாகம் போல... மேற்சொன்னவர்களை ஒப்பிடுகையில் இன்னமும் குரலில் உடைந்துபோகவில்லை.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 23rd September 2016 at 09:29 PM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    I dont think so. are you closely watching all his recent renditions?

ஷரித் பாடிய 'இடரினும்' பாடலை சமீபத்திய கச்சேரி ஒன்றில் பாடியிருக்கிறார். அப்படியொரு சங்கதி.. பிரவாகம் போல... மேற்சொன்னவர்களை ஒப்பிடுகையில் இன்னமும் குரலில் உடைந்துபோகவில்லை.
    Hi
    Can you share the video or audio please. I have tried everywhere, couldn't find it. Even though I agree 100 percent with you, that he still has the same voice no point that we try to prove it to anyone. One thing for sure Raja sir sung that song particularly that way, and its awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

idarinum by Raja

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post

idarinum by Raja
    Hi K
    Thank you for sharing the video, you have made my day.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post

idarinum by Raja

Kodumai!!!!!

As I was enjoying the clip, right at 5:52 - IR scolded his tabla player for starting out wrong (in public!!!).
    Song was more on a philosophical note, but the manner he dealt with a mistake isn't.
    Rather than treating it lightly, correcting it and move on (infact, he could have made a comedy or something to distract the public from knowing the mistake) - he chose the wrong path.

Nobody is perfect in this world. It isn't a surgery that led to kill a patient by mistake!
    I literally stopped watching few seconds after that.

Sad!!!

( )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    Kodumai!!!!!

As I was enjoying the clip, right at 5:52 - IR scolded his tabla player for starting out wrong (in public!!!).
    Song was more on a philosophical note, but the manner he dealt with a mistake isn't.
    Rather than treating it lightly, correcting it and move on (infact, he could have made a comedy or something to distract the public from knowing the mistake) - he chose the wrong path.

Nobody is perfect in this world. It isn't a surgery that led to kill a patient by mistake!
    I literally stopped watching few seconds after that.

Sad!!!
    அடேங்கப்பா!

நன்னடத்தை விதிகளை கடைபிடித்துக்கொண்டு, நீங்கள் எதிர்பார்க்கும் விதத்தில் எல்லா நேரத்திலும் அரவணைத்து சென்றுகொண்டிருந்தால் ராஜா ஒருவேளை இந்த அளவுக்கு ஆக்கங்களை எட்டாமல் இருந்திருக்கக் கூடும்.

ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் எந்த அளவுக்கு தனது கண்டிப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தனும் என்பது வேறுபடும். அதுவும் இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் மற்றவர்கள் போல அல்ல. அவர்களுக்கென்று பல பிரத்யேக நற்குணங்களும், கறாரான கண்டிப்பு, அரவணைப்பு எல்லாமே ஒருங்கே அமைத்திருக்கும் கலவையைத்தான் காணமுடியும். எல்லாமே நமக்கு பிடிக்கும் விதத்தில் அமையனும் என ஜட்ஸ்மென்ட் செய்துகொண்டிருந்தால் கடைசி வரை பச்சை இங்க் வைத்துக்கொண்டு மதிப்பெண் வழங்கிக் கொண்டிருக்க வேண்டியதுதான்.

இந்தக் காணொளியை காணும் எல்லாருமே கவனிக்க வேண்டியது.. இதுபோன்ற உருக்கமான பாடல்களை பலர் பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் அரங்கங்களில் இசைப்பது, பாடுவது எல்லாமே இயல்பான ஒன்றல்ல. அதுவும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்களில் ராஜாவே இதுபோல உருக்கமாக பாடி ரசிகர்களுக்கும் அவருக்கும் பாடல்களின் வரிகளின் வழியே உறவுப் பாலத்தை கட்டிக்கொண்டிருக்கையில் இதுபோன்ற தடங்கல்கள் ஒரு முனிவரின் கடுந்தவத்தை கல்லெறிந்து கலைப்பதற்கு ஒத்தது. இன்னொருமுறை காணொளி பார்க்கவும். அந்த தபேலாக் கலைஞரின் தவறுக்கு பாடலின் இடையிசையிலேயே அவரிடம் ராஜா உணர்த்துகிறார். அதை உணர்ந்து, இன்னொரு முறை அந்தத்தவறை செய்யாத வண்ணம் திருத்திக்கொள்ளாதது தபேலாக்காரரின் தவறே. அத்தகைய உணர்ச்சி பொங்கும் பாடல் அது. அதனாலேயே ராஜாவிற்கு அந்த தருணத்தில் அத்தகைய கோபம் வெளிப்பட்டது.

ராஜாவின் வெற்றிக்கு பெரும்பங்கு.. இசையில் உன்னதத்தை எட்டும்வகையில் முடிந்த அளவு சாமரம் செய்துகொள்ளாத அவரது ஓயாத முயற்சியும், அதையொட்டிய இன்னமும் மாறாத கண்டிப்புத்தன்மையும்தான்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 4th October 2016 at 07:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    அடேங்கப்பா!
    நன்னடத்தை விதிகளை கடைபிடித்துக்கொண்டு, நீங்கள் எதிர்பார்க்கும் விதத்தில் எல்லா நேரத்திலும் அரவணைத்து சென்றுகொண்டிருந்தால் ராஜா ஒருவேளை இந்த அளவுக்கு ஆக்கங்களை எட்டாமல் இருந்திருக்கக் கூடும்.
    Ofcourse, he reached heights!! but is it necessary to chose this path (insulting others?) and reach it?. Nobody is perfect in this world. Mistakes do happen.

ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் எந்த அளவுக்கு தனது கண்டிப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தனும் என்பது வேறுபடும். அதுவும் இசைக்கலைஞர்கள் மற்றவர்கள் போல அல்ல. அவர்களுக்கென்று பல பிரத்யேக நற்குணங்களும், கறாரான கண்டிப்பு, அரவணைப்பு எல்லாமே ஒருங்கே அமைத்திருக்கும் கலவையைத்தான் காணமுடியும். எல்லாமே நமக்கு பிடிக்கும் விதத்தில் அமையனும் என ஜட்ஸ்மென்ட் செய்துகொண்டிருந்தால் கடைசி வரை பச்சை இங்க் வைத்துக்கொண்டு மதிப்பெண் வழங்கிக் கொண்டிருக்க வேண்டியதுதான்.
    Using your same own logic (which I don't agree with), like how IR and you seems to think that insulting others is ok to achieve greatness, I am using the same green ink and stamp such behaviors as inappropriate. So it gets equal. Are you a musician, by any chance? Who determines that musicians (and not any other professionals) deserve this special trait?

இந்தக் காணொளியை காணும் எல்லாருமே கவனிக்க வேண்டியது.. இதுபோன்ற உருக்கமான பாடல்களை பலர் பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும் அரங்கங்களில் இசைப்பது, பாடுவது எல்லாமே இயல்பான ஒன்றல்ல. அதுவும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்களில் ராஜாவே இதுபோல உருக்கமாக பாடி ரசிகர்களுக்கும் அவருக்கும் பாடல்களின் வரிகளின் வழியே உறவுப் பாலத்தை கட்டிக்கொண்டிருக்கையில் இதுபோன்ற தடங்கல்கள் ஒரு முனிவரின் கடுந்தவத்தை கல்லெறிந்து கலைப்பதற்கு ஒத்தது. இன்னொருமுறை காணொளி பார்க்கவும். அந்த தபேலாக் கலைஞரின் தவறுக்கு பாடலின் இடையிசையிலேயே அவரிடம் ராஜா உணர்த்துகிறார். அதை உணர்ந்து, இன்னொரு முறை அந்தத்தவறை செய்யாத வண்ணம் திருத்திக்கொள்ளாதது தபேலாக்காரரின் தவறே. அத்தகைய உணர்ச்சி பொங்கும் பாடல் அது. அதனாலேயே ராஜாவிற்கு அந்த தருணத்தில் அத்தகைய கோபம் வெளிப்பட்டது.
    Nobody said, he should 'not' correct the tabla player. But not in a demeaning tone!. It is like parents, scolding their own kids in public as idiots for any mistakes. One got to remember that they were kids themselves at some point in their life time. If every employer follows such things in their workplace towards their employees, very soon he will go bankrupt!. Insulting others doesn't help improvement but instills fear and vexation.

ராஜாவின் வெற்றிக்கு பெரும்பங்கு.. இசையில் உன்னதத்தை எட்டும்வகையில் முடிந்த அளவு சாமரம் செய்துகொள்ளாத அவரது ஓயாத முயற்சியும், அதையொட்டிய இன்னமும் மாறாத கண்டிப்புத்தன்மையும்தான்.
    IR is a music genius. Period. Nobody else can replace him.
    But that doesn't have to come with perks that nobody (except some because I got to include people who like such behaviours) likes in the society.

Having crossed many years of life, I can say that the tabla player would have sat on pin cushion for rest of the concert. Poor chap!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dochu

you have said nobody is perfect in the world , so how come you can't accept Raja sir can't make mistake. Why there is few always try to find something . We have said things and done thinks we shouldn't have , maybe you are different .
    He has all the rights , not because he employed them ,but they are together for all these time . They have this relationship , may be that's the way they speak . Still he said sorry by putting his hand up end of the song.
    He was so into the song , so emotional , people tend to make mistake heat of the movement . Even when we have singing season with friends , we get upset when someone make mistake.
    Why are you making excuses for the tabla player but why can't you do that to him... I bet you haven't noticed that he put his hand up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayathasan View Post
    Hi Dochu

you have said nobody is perfect in the world , so how come you can't accept Raja sir can't make mistake. Why there is few always try to find something . We have said things and done thinks we shouldn't have , maybe you are different .
    He has all the rights , not because he employed them ,but they are together for all these time . They have this relationship , may be that's the way they speak . Still he said sorry by putting his hand up end of the song.
    He was so into the song , so emotional , people tend to make mistake heat of the movement . Even when we have singing season with friends , we get upset when someone make mistake.
    Why are you making excuses for the tabla player but why can't you do that to him... I bet you haven't noticed that he put his hand up.
    "I literally stopped watching few seconds after that. "
    அவர்தான் சொல்லிட்டாரே! அவர் அப்படியே இருந்துட்டு போகட்டும்...விடுங்கள் ilayathasan...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayathasan/VR - Ofcourse, nobody is perfect in this world, as I said before. Hence there should some sort of leniency to certain degree. To me, that action was quite unwarranted. I wish I could overlook such a mistake, but this isn't an isolated incident. There is a history.

Ofcourse, we all do make mistakes. It takes a lot to apologize.

I rechecked the video to the end. I didn't see any 'hand gestures' that seems to be in apologetic tone. Hope tabla player was able to 'convince himself' that there was an apology towards the end of the song.

On a related note -
    In psychology, there is a term called 'halo effect'. When somebody likes (adores/worships) say celebrities, friends etc they tend to ignore any faults in them.

I am as much as a hardcore fan like others. I don't even listen to other MD's songs (exception MSV). But some things I can't overlook. "Netri kannai thirapinaum kutram kutramey" especially when there is repetition.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast