Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thendral Varum Vazhiyil, Oh My Kadavuley! Is his age going in reverse or what? Heavenly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1
    @73 he is composing such melodies and with extravagant arrangements.
    It just goes to show if the composer is all game going for new age sounds without compromising in his core values and challenging the synth loops there are several more amazung ones to be unearthed!
    Like Raaja says music is an ocean and he has only understand learnt and used very miniscule levels to this date.
    1000+ movies , 5000+ songs and still re inventing himself in all the genres?
    How is that possible.
    The other greats engaged only in coming up with tunes and let the assistants and conductors improvise.
    Here is a simple man who sits in his small room , modest , down to earth gives 8 to 10 tunes within 10 minutes and lets the director pick his choice, locks it down goes to the next situation and within end of the day writing the music on paper for whatever he had in his brain cells conceived as the output , gets it across to his team and finishes the final recirding the same day.
    Who else is following this method today and he is a septagenarian and still working hard after 4 decades of toilling non stop round the clock!

Salute this man
    Now waiting for oru melliya kodu/ Game . read somewhere he has one duet shot in switzerland, one song shot in thailand and BGM ofcourse will be unparallel for the kind of genre of this film. AMR Ramesh will move to the next league of directors with just this film.
    Already requested for Abbayitho ammayi original CD and now adding this one. Expecting parcel next week from Bangalore.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR is the first to receive an award constituted in memory of ghazal singer Jagjit Singh.

http://www.india.com/showbiz/tamil-m...-award-918406/

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal sings for IR for the movie Muthuramalingam:

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainm...w/50851471.cms

It seems live instruments were used for this hero intro song and 300 folk musicians were used. 300 musicians??

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Another new Tamil movie for IR with newcomers:

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainm...w/50851584.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Kollywood fraternity to honor IR on 1000 milestone. I think, the same is going to be aired on Vijay TV. Saw some promo on Vijay TV:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/ente...cle3262835.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    Another new Tamil movie for IR with newcomers:

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainm...w/50851584.cms

thanks,

Krishnan
    Somehow these kind of IR being the MD for newbies do not enthuse me any longer, as these "uppu peRAdha " films generally elicit only lackadaisical songs output from IR unlike the 80's where any damned film, say EVK, for instance , bearing his name is still remembered ONLY for his everlasting songs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    Somehow these kind of IR being the MD for newbies do not enthuse me any longer, as these "uppu peRAdha " films generally elicit only lackadaisical songs output from IR unlike the 80's where any damned film, say EVK, for instance , bearing his name is still remembered ONLY for his everlasting songs
    Agree. Even the decent to good songs in these kind of movies does not get noticed much either due to bad picturisation, unknown faces, due to lack of publicity or all factors . Not in our hands. Its his choice.

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    Agree. Even the decent to good songs in these kind of movies does not get noticed much either due to bad picturisation, unknown faces, due to lack of publicity or all factors . Not in our hands. Its his choice.

thanks,

Krishnan
    Reg. good songs going unnoticed, it is true for even some of the better publicised movies . For example, "Kallale Senju" and "Nanri solla" vendum kind of songs.

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thumburu, Krish
    Sad state of affairs and we have been seeing this since late 90s.
    Just to recollect, there was a movie called "kadavul" by velu prabhakar (another obsessed character)and movie had Roja as the central character. There were 4 out of 5 gems . songs class apart and also completely in sync with the situations and storyboard. 96-97 I think. Movie sank without a trace. Even now I listen to these songs on Raaga and other legal outlets. I kind of immerse into these songs as it is so soulful. This is only Raaja-possible. 20 years gone and songs are still fresh and addictive and best part completely syncing with story characters and directors vision. I wonder how this man does it for every tom dick and harry and every genre time and again not worried about the fate of the movie . just pure intentions . only objective is to deliver music that can embrace our souls or atleast awaken all the necessary feelings like saying the word ' Rekindle'

Somehow I feel we are gifted to having him as a part of our life and journey.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast